The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I love the bashing we’re taking on Twitter after today’s announcement. We didn’t choose to write the rules of the cup, nor did we ask for the game to be postponed. The SPFL said in their statement the game couldn’t be rearranged due to fixture pile up. What were we meant to do? 

“Nobody likes us.........and we don’t care”

“Hearts could do a deal to sign Stephen Kingsley after the transfer window closes.

The former Hull City left back has been training with formative club Falkirk and reportedly knocked back a move to Tynecastle last month.

But the deal could now be back on, although Robbie Neilson has to move one or two players on before midnight tonight in order to free up some of his wage budget.”

Edinburgh local rag....

Cannot really be bothered with any more of the Kinglsey stuff. Our squad currently contains two centre halves, both of extremely debatable quality. The players Hearts were seemingly looking to move out were White and Garuccio, both of them are still there. SK is perfectly entitled to wait it out and see if Hearts will make an offer, but time is not on our side, we look to have done some decent transfer business middle to front but there is a chronic lack of any defensive cover beyond maybe Miller going to right-back. Hearts's interest seems purely opportunistic. Sign or we need to move on.

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Cannot really be bothered with any more of the Kinglsey stuff. Our squad currently contains two centre halves, both of extremely debatable quality. The players Hearts were seemingly looking to move out were White and Garuccio, both of them are still there. SK is perfectly entitled to wait it out and see if Hearts will make an offer, but time is not on our side, we look to have done some decent transfer business middle to front but there is a chronic lack of any defensive cover beyond maybe Miller going to right-back. Hearts's interest seems purely opportunistic. Sign or we need to move on.

This, a lot of people say conceding goals wasn't our issue last season but there were games where our defence got torn apart which is why we didn't pick up more points. Every game against clyde for example. We're currently going into the season with our only cover at the back an 18 year old from Camelon Juniors and Gary Miller who we all know is better in the middle of the park. 

The goalkeeper doesn't really matter as much, it would be good to get someone who is capable of competiting with Mutch but ultimately it shouldn't hopefully really matter who we sign there. The defender however is pivotal as we need somebody to displace Hall or Durnan.

30 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Some people have been saying loans can be made from other Scottish clubs up until the end of October.

This note was in the statement  expanding the number of loanees available to a club:

“In addition, the dispensation currently afforded to League One and Two clubs enabling them to sign players on loan in September and February has been extended to Championship clubs.  The “September” window has been amended to October given that the Scottish FA has confirmed that the Scottish transfer window will close on 5 October.”

I love the bashing we’re taking on Twitter after today’s announcement. We didn’t choose to write the rules of the cup, nor did we ask for the game to be postponed. The SPFL said in their statement the game couldn’t be rearranged due to fixture pile up. What were we meant to do? 
I have seen more but what about Celtic or Aberdeen tweets from rangers fans than anything else

It's not really true that there's no fixture dates for it to be rearranged. Falkirk and Killie both have every single midweek between now and November free. However, the competition rules were very clear that this is what would happen, so I don't have any issue with it.

14 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Done mines earlier, just go to checkout with a rolling monthly contract and type in ‘FOOTBALL1’ in promo code. £1 for the first month and I just cancelled it straight away. 

Is this for the subscription through Sky or just the online one? 

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's not really true that there's no fixture dates for it to be rearranged. Falkirk and Killie both have every single midweek between now and November free. However, the competition rules were very clear that this is what would happen, so I don't have any issue with it.

If they could be sure it would be only one fixture rearranged I think things would be different but the worry is that you get a number of fixtures having to be rearranged here there and everywhere across varying groups and teams . The whole thing could escalate and create problems down the line.  To be honest id rather see us play as we need all the games we can and it's always good to judge ourselves against better opposition plus it does make the group a bit of a farce if Killie can't play against us and Dunfermline but can against the other two sides.

47 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Is there an investigation underway to find out what happened at Killie so other clubs can avoid a similar scenario ?