The Falkirk FC Thread

On 02/10/2020 at 14:17, Horatio said:

If you are awarded a "win" on Tuesday then enjoy it. Since Falkirk beat Kilmarnock in the 1957 Scottish Cup Final replay Killie have taken a terrible revenge on the Bairns, winning every game of any consequence - the 1997 Scottish Cup Final; the 2007 League Cup semi-final; the 2010 relegation "decider", the 2016 League Play-off....... 

Hahaha GIRFUY 

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

20k for one player? That's a deposit for a 4 bedroom house not a few months rent for a flat in Falkirk. 

If it's in the accounts surely it's for last season and not this season? Could Macmillan be one? Were perhaps St Johnstone paying his accomodation in perth and we took that on.down here?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

What a load of complete tosh. It's not as if it's the under 12s we're talking about here.I'm sure any team of young boys would bust a gut to play in the League cup against first team opposition. Bit of a snowflake attitude to deny them that chance.  It's a free hit for these boys too as noone is going to give them pelters if they lose.  Great experience for them too.

Exactly my thoughts.

Killie just throwing the toys out of the pram and getting what they deserve for refusing to play a fixture they COULD fulfil.

59 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Nice that we head into the game on Saturday, live on Free Sports  at 17.30, 3 points to the good.

Its on Premier Sports 1 which you need to subscribe to and pay for according to this. Flicking through the channels it looks like Hearts v ICT is on the free channel,could be wrong though. 

20201005_194530.jpg

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

Its on Premier Sports 1 which you need to subscribe to and pay for according to this. Flicking through the channels it looks like Hearts v ICT is on the free channel,could be wrong though. 
20201005_194530.jpg.5d7517dcf9439b76ef617ac76e1ccc7e.jpg

Yep it’s on Premier Sports 1.
I think it’s £99 for a 1 year subscription although I think I paid £50 last year when subscribing for the first time....

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So why have we paid The Property Place nearly 20k, which is listed in the accounts?

Maybe Lex, caught up with his paperwork and billed the club for players he’s had in his property from time to time in previous years. Attention to detail is not a strong point. Also maybe a way to sweeten his departure, if as reported he footed the fine for the McKinnon debacle ? 

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think it’s £99 for a 1 year subscription although I think I paid £50 last year when subscribing for the first time....

I'm sure I heard someone mentioning a £1 first month trial scheme somewhere you could sign up to.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I think they are doing a free month sub just now

2 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Done mines earlier, just go to checkout with a rolling monthly contract and type in ‘FOOTBALL1’ in promo code. £1 for the first month and I just cancelled it straight away. 

Are they not showing our games all the way to the final though.😉

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So why have we paid The Property Place nearly 20k, which is listed in the accounts?

I've no idea. It's a reasonable question to ask at the AGM, given that the lack of English loanees makes it look unusual. Number 7s response is feasible, as is the possibility that we paid accommodation for a number of trialists while we looked at them. 

It's also possible that the likes of MacMillan & Mutch might have had a portion of their accommodation costs paid for. One was obviously in digs of some sort, being Irish, and I doubt the other was travelling from Inverurie every day. Albeit with the latter having signed additional contracts he may no longer be entitled to have his digs subsidised by the club. 

FYI, not sure if this has already been posted;

Get the Pars V Falkirk game on Friday night for £1. Subscribe to Prem Sports monthly pack, normally £11.99 per month but use code FOOTBALL1 to get the first month for £1. Then cancel after month 1 👍

1 hour ago, Albertobotswana said:

Why not play the U18s? They might get hammered but they are playing against a League 1 team.

What's the point of having such a big squad or U18s.

Anyway, I'll take 3-0 against SPL opposition. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What a load of complete tosh. It's not as if it's the under 12s we're talking about here.I'm sure any team of young boys would bust a gut to play in the League cup against first team opposition. Bit of a snowflake attitude to deny them that chance.  It's a free hit for these boys too as noone is going to give them pelters if they lose.  Great experience for them too.

57 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Killie just throwing the toys out of the pram and getting what they deserve for refusing to play a fixture they COULD fulfil.

It's part of a group stage. We could lose more than 3-0 with the U18s and then end up going out on goal difference.