The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm a 100% nationalist and so could I.

I've nothing against independence I just want to have the right people in charge if and when it happens. The current mob can't build two ferries without making a roaring cant of it which concerns me deeply.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I've nothing against independence I just want to have the right people in charge if and when it happens. The current mob can't build two ferries without making a roaring cant of it which concerns me deeply.

Well that's the wonderful thing about independence, you get to pick a government afterwards too. You're not voting for a president for life. In many ways, the SNP would have to change a lot to survive post Indy. So would Labour and the Tories as they'd no longer be branch offices.

Hoping for some football news today though.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The point of independence is that you would get to choose who you wanted in charge.

Currently 100% of the population could vote SNP and we'd get still the far right headbangers so beloved of the country next door.

Just now, Righty2000 said:

Maybe it's more an example of the dearth in general amongst politicians, but the complete lack of anyone at any party even remotely competent in regards to replacing her is frankly terrifying. And that's taking into account the things she has gotten wrong. By miles the best option out there. 

Whether you view that as a good thing or not, I'll take her as FM before Ross, or whatever diddies are running Labour and the lib Dems this week.

You are 100 percent  right it's currently a horrendous state of affairs in Scottish politics where so many feck ups and mistakes can be made but we find ourselves in a position where we feel there is no better alternative . People of Scotland really deserve better and there must be a huge space in the political landscape for a party that can just get the basics right and avoid the sleaze and contempt that the current parties have for Joe public. Can't ask too much surely for something a bit different with politicians that can actually behave and carry out promises , whilst not making so many fecking cockups.

3 minutes ago, Righty2000 said:

Well that's the wonderful thing about independence, you get to pick a government afterwards too. You're not voting for a president for life. In many ways, the SNP would have to change a lot to survive post Indy. So would Labour and the Tories as they'd no longer be branch offices.

Hoping for some football news today though.

The problem is though we'll not be having a vote on day one of independence. Some one has to put the processes in place after a yes vote and start deciding what currency etc we are going to have. I mean that surely is going to be part of any campaign pre referendum never mind after it. I also can't see people voting against the present snp straight away if an independence vote is won. We'll be left with the same clowns we have the now deciding policy etc.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You are 100 percent  right it's currently a horrendous state of affairs in Scottish politics where so many feck ups and mistakes can be made but we find ourselves in a position where we feel there is no better alternative . People of Scotland really deserve better and there must be a huge space in the political landscape for a party that can just get the basics right and avoid the sleaze and contempt that the current parties have for Joe public. Can't ask too much surely for something a bit different with politicians that can actually behave and carry out promises , whilst not making so many fecking cockups.

Be careful what you wish for Shadwell, you might just get it. Trump - shiver!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The point of independence is that you would get to choose who you wanted in charge.

Currently 100% of the population could vote SNP and we'd get still the far right headbangers so beloved of the country next door.

That's my point the current mob in charge can't run a bath. The likelihood is they would be in charge again at least for the two years of transition and therefor making all the important decisions. That would concern me greatly I'm afraid.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

The problem is though we'll not be having a vote on day one of independence. Some one has to put the processes in place after a yes vote and start deciding what currency etc we are going to have. I mean that surely is going to be part of any campaign pre referendum never mind after it. I also can't see people voting against the present snp straight away if an independence vote is won. We'll be left with the same clowns we have the now deciding policy etc.

And that's ok. A bit of a steady ship for a year or whatever until the first elections.

When the 3 unionist parties realise they actually have to work for our benefit instead of looking to london all the time they will surely have more to offer, which will be better for all.

Farcical from the leaders of Scottish football yet again, how hasn't there been a decision announced on the game tomorrow. We must be keeping all our loan signings until February in case it's went belly up and we're chasing Partick. Whereas Partick have used 4 of their loan signings this summer. The good news is their defence looks as rank as ours. 

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

And that's ok. A bit of a steady ship for a year or whatever until the first elections.

When the 3 unionist parties realise they actually have to work for our benefit instead of looking to london all the time they will surely have more to offer, which will be better for all.

By then it will be far too late though. The thought of having the likes of Swinney involved in shaping a new independent Scotland frightens the life out of me.

That's my point the current mob in charge can't run a bath. The likelihood is they would be in charge again at least for the two years of transition and therefor making all the important decisions. That would concern me greatly I'm afraid.

No, you're missing my point. Even if the SNP were 100 percent perfect in all decisions for all Scots, and 100% of Scots voted for them, we still get another country's wishes!

By then it will be far too late though. The thought of having the likes of Swinney involved in shaping a new independent Scotland frightens the life out of me.

I would genuinely have Swinney as my first pick for the finance role on day 1. He is a superb politician. Education is such a poisoned chalice, I can tell you that.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Farcical from the leaders of Scottish football yet again, how hasn't there been a decision announced on the game tomorrow. We must be keeping all our loan signings until February in case it's went belly up and we're chasing Partick. Whereas Partick have used 4 of their loan signings this summer. The good news is their defence looks as rank as ours. 

It's mental, wonder if we'll have a situation like Juve v Napoli last night.

Don't want to hammer Killie (unless there's been a proper breach of the rules) as this can and most likely will happen to most teams as the season goes on.

Would graciously accept the 3 points though.

Edited by ilostmyself

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No, you're missing my point. Even if the SNP were 100 percent perfect in all decisions for all Scots, and 100% of Scots voted for them, we still get another country's wishes!

To me if the SNP had been better in office independence may actually have happened by now.   

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

My last thoughts on the subject: remember we are looking to the coming decades and centuries here. Not grasping the opportunity because of a personality or policy one doesn't like seems to me to be ummm... shortsighted.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I would genuinely have Swinney as my first pick for the finance role on day 1. He is a superb politician. Education is such a poisoned chalice, I can tell you that.

Swinney is hopeless. The SNP nearly went out the game when he was the leader and had to bring back Salmond to get them back into the running again. He's a catalogue of failed projects . Named person got nowhere as did his new education policy which never saw the light of day. I'm amazed sturgeon keeps him hanging about. His exam U-turn was a right Riddy too.  Right decision but one day he was telling us that adjusting the exam results was the correct thing to do 100 percent before changing his mind the next day.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Exactly what I was saying mate. You couldn't make it up that we haven't a clue what's happening 24 hours basically before the game starts. Makes me think more and more that the spfl are just trying to work out how they can let Killie off the hook.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Anyway, we CRASH through the 200 appearances barrier now.

25 - 203 Appearances

Apparently a very popular player, he had 2 spells (64-70 very successful, 76-77 not so). Netting 78 times and only recently deceased I seem to recall, Johnny Graham.

Terrific player!