The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Quite amusing,given you kicked off the political debate....and not for the first time either...

We were talking about getting people back into football till some sensitive wee souls suddenly took umbrage at me using the term wee Jimmy as if it was something horrendous. Christ you would think it was there maw I was giving grief to instead of some numpty politician. I have no political affiliation whatsoever and yet still seem to get called a rangers supporting Orangeman for some reason. That's when things went off at a tangent. It's like when you slag off Celtic old firm fans immediately think your a rangers fan and vice versa. Seems to be impossible to hate both with a passion according to them . Politics in Scotland is exactly the same.

We were talking about getting people back into football till some sensitive wee souls suddenly took umbrage at me using the term wee Jimmy as if it was something horrendous. Christ you would think it was there maw I was giving grief to instead of some numpty politician. I have no political affiliation whatsoever and yet still seem to get called a rangers supporting Orangeman for some reason. That's when things went off at a tangent. It's like when you slag off Celtic old firm fans immediately think your a rangers fan and vice versa. Seems to be impossible to hate both with a passion according to them . Politics in Scotland is exactly the same.

Digging a hole. Let it go.

8 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

That's the spirit! Just sent Sturgeon a Twitter DM, asking if it's ok to boot a fifer in the face if you're both wearing masks.

you're getting a boot square in the pie

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s more like it.....

f**k you, too

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Believe the club are waiting on Killies offer to field youths 

Surely the spfl say to Kilmarnock can you field a side yes or no? Yes game goes ahead,  no game is forfeited  and we get 3 points.  We don't give a feck who turns up to play in Killie shirts as long as they are registered to play for them.  What's taking so long?

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely the spfl say to Kilmarnock can you field a side yes or no? Yes game goes ahead,  no game is forfeited  and we get 3 points.  We don't give a feck who turns up to play in Killie shirts as long as they are registered to play for them.  What's taking so long?

Sure I saw a statement somewhere from a Killie board member saying that they will meet tomorrow to decide whether to play a youth team or just forfeit the game. 

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sure I saw a statement somewhere from a Killie board member saying that they will meet tomorrow to decide whether to play a youth team or just forfeit the game. 

Again though the day before the bloomin game and yet they've had since the end of last week. Meanwhile we've got everything organised perhaps for nothing. Hopefully a late call off won't cost us more cash than necessary.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again though the day before the bloomin game and yet they've had since the end of last week. Meanwhile we've got everything organised perhaps for nothing. Hopefully a late call off won't cost us more cash than necessary.

Given that there's no catering, police, or stewarding I don't think it will cost us anything. The only thing I can think of would be an extra covid test if it were rescheduled and that doesn't appear to be on the cards. 

19 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Given that there's no catering, police, or stewarding I don't think it will cost us anything. The only thing I can think of would be an extra covid test if it were rescheduled and that doesn't appear to be on the cards. 

There will be ambulance people ,doctors . We may have costs to the council for the use of some rooms in the main stand . Some areas will surely still need to be manned  to allow people in and direct people.  Just seems crazy to leave it to the last minute. 

And FFCTV PPV income

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not at all Shadwell. Pointed out the source of the comment I am sure you unwittingly used unaware of its source and purpose.  At no time did I refer in our posts to you as a Rangers fan or an orangeman. Just made you aware who came up with 'Wee Jimmy' and why. 

Lets bring the matter to a close at that and no offence intended.