The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, BudBairn said:

If 200 fans could get in safely that would be a start to boost the atmosphere.

Some stadium noises through the tannoy and cardboard fans would be a nice touch too.

Hope the club put some adverts on Falkirk TV for some cash although not sure if that’s possible and maybe no sponsors willing.

It might boost the atmosphere but is the ruling that the supporters need to remain with face masks on at al times and no shouting, singing or anything that would create an atmosphere so its a case of sit down and shut up (which if you were in the main stand would be a no bad thing..lol)

9 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

200 fans can get in under the safest conditions you can ever imagine , I have no idea why you are thinking such low numbers.

And the atmosphere would be abysmal.

1000 would a good start.

Don't think the crowds getting into the stadium, watching the game, leaving the stadium is the issue. Crowd management takes care of that so that aspect can be supervised and controlled.

The concern is the social aspect of going to and from the game. The pints and social interaction before and after. The temptation to break the regulations on such basic things like giving somebody outside your contact group a lift in your car back home. Small thing but multiply that over every crowd  watching football in Scotland and there is the opportunity for the virus to spread.

My option would be a limited crowd 200-500 whatever wait 3 weeks to examine infection statistics and test and trace and check if they can be traced to a game. If everybody plays by the rules infections don't get traced to the game. Increase capacity and repeat with monitor-review-revise. Not perfect by any means but it is a way forward that addresses the desires and concerns of all parties. Crowds back - People buy into it - Infections stay low all motivated by the knowledge that its up to the fans.

That's fair !

46 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Don't think the crowds getting into the stadium, watching the game, leaving the stadium is the issue. Crowd management takes care of that so that aspect can be supervised and controlled.

The concern is the social aspect of going to and from the game. The pints and social interaction before and after. The temptation to break the regulations on such basic things like giving somebody outside your contact group a lift in your car back home. Small thing but multiply that over every crowd  watching football in Scotland and there is the opportunity for the virus to spread.

My option would be a limited crowd 200-500 whatever wait 3 weeks to examine infection statistics and test and trace and check if they can be traced to a game. If everybody plays by the rules infections don't get traced to the game. Increase capacity and repeat with monitor-review-revise. Not perfect by any means but it is a way forward that addresses the desires and concerns of all parties. Crowds back - People buy into it - Infections stay low all motivated by the knowledge that its up to the fans.

That's fair !

It's no different from going to the pub though really and that seems to be fine even though it's indoor. People meet up before going to the pub and get lifts to and from the pub and yet they haven't shut the pubs down.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 reddies and I'm only wanting to know why 150 at a rave is ok but it isn't at the football. There are some clubs in this country that get that sort of crowd on a Saturday and it's a obviously a means to an end. If 150 can go without incident  then you can increase it slowly to slightly higher levels. Streaming won't end until crowds are back to normal levels so that isn't an issue.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

The images of the stock car racing at Cowdenbeath is insulting though considering it’s in a football stadium. 

They were told they were breaking regulations and told to pack up. It also wasn’t in a football stadium. 

Edited by Falkirk09Bairn

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I wouldn’t bet against a fair majority of lower division clubs waiting on the first club to say it’s all over for this season. Then the domino effect.
It’s a no brainer that without the fans, It will be financially crippling for all clubs.
There’s a lot of pubs getting a hard time and fully understand why, however in the pubs I’ve been in ( locally ) most are policed very well. I continue to see more rules being broke in supermarkets and in general. It will be interesting to see how the club police the hospitality Dunfermline curry night, as most people will know you can hardly swing a cat in the main suites.

Do we know how many folk are actually allowed to attend this?

35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

3 reddies and I'm only wanting to know why 150 at a rave is ok but it isn't at the football. There are some clubs in this country that get that sort of crowd on a Saturday and it's a obviously a means to an end. If 150 can go without incident  then you can increase it slowly to slightly higher levels. Streaming won't end until crowds are back to normal levels so that isn't an issue.

Most likely because "wee Jimmy" patter is usually followed by #WATP and several union flag emojis.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's no different from going to the pub though really and that seems to be fine even though it's indoor. People meet up before going to the pub and get lifts to and from the pub and yet they haven't shut the pubs down.

I was highlighting that the game itself taking place will increase the social mixing concentrating people together in a short time frame. That's why I suggested a start point with crowds and monitor infection rates and take it from there. 

9 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Most likely because "wee Jimmy" patter is usually followed by #WATP and several union flag emojis.

Well I can safely dispell that. Just because I think she is just as feckin useless as every other politician in Scotland/UK just now doesn't mean I have any link to the watp pish.  The covid crisis has been a disaster both north and south of the border with far too many mistakes being made by both and this is borne out by the shocking death rates both in England and Scotland which are both right up there with the highest in Europe. I wouldn't vote for any of these clowns just now but that doesn't get round the fact that it's currently wee Jimmy who decides whether we can get to the football or not so my issues with that are firmly with her.