The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Rocco said:

Of course it’ll be a big plus. I said on a previous post that I wouldn’t be too bothered, as I think we’d still get someone adequate enough to play centre half of Kingsley doesn’t sign. Kingsley is head and shoulders above this level, so of course he’ll be a great signing

Fair enough!

I think we'll score goals this season and our weak area will be defence so signing Kingsley may just make or break our season. I'm not going to go crazy if we don't but I'd say we have a far higher chance of promotion with him in our side than without him.  

As I said previously he managed 27 games in the season before last and was fit enough to play for Hull in February this year before the lockdown so I don't feel his injury record is quite as bad as others are making out. He's no Graeme Barrett for starters.

Get him and get him fit then both sides win. It isn’t a huge gamble IMO if it is only to the end of the season and we won’t be paying him a kings ransom either.

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Get him and get him fit then both sides win. It isn’t a huge gamble IMO if it is only to the end of the season and we won’t be paying him a kings ransom either.

Agree - if there is any possibility of getting him for a short contract it’s a no brainer mate.

Imagine what he could teach some of the younger lads about diet, sports science, professionalism etc - he’d be a great role model.

Naturally I'd be delighted if he signs but I don't get how this benefits Kingsley.  Sure he might get fit but he also 'outs' himself as someone who couldn't find a team at a decent level.  he could play like Roberto Carlos all season in Scottish league 1 and won't be enough to get him back to the championship down south level.  Surely a half decent agent would be finding him an SPL or  English League One club at worst.  

Also all this talk of a 6 month deal also doesn't make sense.  Why sign until the end of March? Surely it'll be January or the end of the season?

Naturally I'd be delighted if he signs but I don't get how this benefits Kingsley.  Sure he might get fit but he also 'outs' himself as someone who couldn't find a team at a decent level.  he could play like Roberto Carlos all season in Scottish league 1 and won't be enough to get him back to the championship down south level.  Surely a half decent agent would be finding him an SPL or  English League One club at worst.  

Also all this talk of a 6 month deal also doesn't make sense.  Why sign until the end of March? Surely it'll be January or the end of the season?
It would get him to at very least lower Scottish Prem and 1 good season there would get him where he wants. Higher up again up here, or back to England

32 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Due to his time down south he’ll already be on the radar of the clubs down there.

They will likely wait till he regains fitness and then make him an offer.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think we'll score goals this season and our weak area will be defence so signing Kingsley may just make or break our season. I'm not going to go crazy if we don't but I'd say we have a far higher chance of promotion with him in our side than without him.  

As I said previously he managed 27 games in the season before last and was fit enough to play for Hull in February this year before the lockdown so I don't feel his injury record is quite as bad as others are making out. He's no Graeme Barrett for starters.

Hull were incredibly shit last season, I'd say his stock is very low at the moment in England.

Having said that I  would have thought though his agent would have came up with a better option than Falkirk in Division 3.

But as my wife says never look a dead horse in the mouth so take him if he is available , would be a brilliant addition to what is looking like a very good squad.     

4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Hull were incredibly shit last season, I'd say his stock is very low at the moment in England.

Having said that I  would have thought though his agent would have came up with a better option than Falkirk in Division 3.

But as my wife says never look a dead horse in the mouth so take him if he is available , would be a brilliant addition to what is looking like a very good squad.     

English championship shit though is a good few levels above probably every side in Scotland bar two. If he's getting picked regularly at that level he's more than good enough for us and most sides up here.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

6/7 month deal I think we're getting a wee bit pernickity here.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

English championship shit though is a good few levels above probably every side in Scotland bar two. If he's getting picked regularly at that level he's more than good enough for us and most sides up here.

Yes I agree.

So why is he not signing for some Scottish Premier League side? Why play in the seaside league, it's all very strange.  

10 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yes I agree.

So why is he not signing for some Scottish Premier League side? Why play in the seaside league, it's all very strange.  

Not sure. Didn't seem to be much news of him going about till he rocked up to train with us.  Maybe lack of requirements for a left back in the top flight with the reduced squads this season. He maybe hasn't been offered enough dough to sign a longer deal so will take 6 months with us in the hope of getting a better deal once he's proven himself in 6 months.

42 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'd certainly never look a gift horse in the mouth, not sure about a dead one though.

some interesting comments from neil doncaster on the radio about getting fans in to the grounds claiming that this is all political. Sounds like the pressure is being turned up on the government to get us back in some form into grounds. 

On what basis is Covid “political”?...

Just now, roman_bairn said:

On what basis is Covid “political”?...

probably best giving it a listen but from what i caught he is comparing scotland to various other european nations having crowds in so why can't scotland have it. Also the dependency on having fans in grounds is much greater in scotland than in the premiership. They say the government isn't following the science and small crowds could be allowed in. Royal Albert hall being given as an example