The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The BBC didn't televise any Championship games when Rangers were in the lower leagues - Sky/BT did as part of their SPFL rights deal, and continued to do so (to a lesser extent) even after they were promoted. This BBC Friday night Championship deal is now in its third season - Falkirk featured on it more than once when you were still in the Championship.

Then can you please remind me what the issue was with the Championship not being televised once Sevco were promoted? As I said, I can't remember, but I do remember there being some lame excuse at the time. I've never had BT sport and cancelled my Sky sports deal a good few years ago so I'm pretty sure that it was the BBC that was involved at the time.

Also, is the BBC deal that exists now solely on the new BBC Scotland channel? If that's the case then that channel emerged after the Sevco promotion I'm sure.

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Then can you please remind me what the issue was with the Championship not being televised once Sevco were promoted? As I said, I can't remember, but I do remember there being some lame excuse at the time. I've never had BT sport and cancelled my Sky sports deal a good few years ago so I'm pretty sure that it was the BBC that was involved at the time.

Also, is the BBC deal that exists now solely on the new BBC Scotland channel? If that's the case then that channel emerged after the Sevco promotion I'm sure.

It was highlights the BBC had, on the website and Sportscene.

They were "selected" highlights but by a mindblowing coincidence one team's matches got selected every week...

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Deal for BBC Scotland to broadcast began for the 18/19 season (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46264663).

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Deal for BBC Scotland to broadcast began for the 18/19 season (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46264663).

Aye, the new channel, which is what I thought. I'm sure BBC televised Sevco games right the way through their time in the lower leagues then canned that coverage once they were promoted with, as I say, some weak excuse. 

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, the new channel, which is what I thought. I'm sure BBC televised Sevco games right the way through their time in the lower leagues then canned that coverage once they were promoted with, as I say, some weak excuse. 

BBC stopped coverage from Ibrox, and in general same day coverage, in August 2016 over Sevco banning a reporter for “biased” reporting of an outside the match incident during a Sevco v Hibs cup tie.

The Sportscene highlights programme covered Rangers games as well as the topflight games for the two seasons they spent in that league. They then stopped doing that after they gained promotion to the top tier. I think that's what @ShaggerG is referring to. 

The BBC Scotland channel might well cover some League 1 games; prior to the lockdown, the Falkirk V Airdrie fixture ( aka Airdrie's unbeaten record V Falkirk: Part 4) in April was going to be broadcast on the Saturday evening. I reckon they'll likely cover a couple later in the season Thistle/Falkirk/Airdrie/Cove games, dependent on how the title race is going. 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

The Sportscene highlights programme covered Rangers games as well as the topflight games for the two seasons they spent in that league. They then stopped doing that after they gained promotion to the top tier. I think that's what @ShaggerG is referring to. 

The BBC Scotland channel might well cover some League 1 games; prior to the lockdown, the Falkirk V Airdrie fixture ( aka Airdrie's unbeaten record V Falkirk: Part 4) in April was going to be broadcast on the Saturday evening. I reckon they'll likely cover a couple later in the season Thistle/Falkirk/Airdrie/Cove games, dependent on how the title race is going. 

Aye, I think that's it mate. Can you remember what their excuse was at the time?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I think that's it mate. Can you remember what their excuse was at the time?

Honestly I don't think they even proffered one. 

Didn't feel they had to, I guess. Make of that what you will. 

Honestly I don't think they even proffered one. 
Didn't feel they had to, I guess. Make of that what you will. 
Didn't it tie in with the commentary moving to live rather than dubbed and the two camera format rather than having one camera at some games? I think that was one excuse, saying that they couldn't spread the available resources across all the games (Rangers home games were filmed by Rangers TV with multiple cameras anyway so they already had the footage or something)?

4 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Panini also done SPFL sticker books for all the leagues too. Wonder if that is still the case?

I completed those two books while Sevco played their first two seasons!

Panini don't even make Premiership sticker books now, it's all that trading cards pish now.

28 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Any signing rumours? Would like to think we will have a back up keeper and defender in this week.

Happily take a young keeper on loan like Ferrie last season over Sam Ramsbottom but I’m guessing with him not being on the bench as a trialist he’s not coming in.

Noticed that Stenny had Calum Erskine on trial Saturday.