The Falkirk FC Thread

Why would we have more  fans in financial hardship? Rangers, Celtic, Hearts  and even Livingston matched the previous seasons numbers.
Not going out for almost six months, would easily cover the cost. My car had its annual service last week, I’d done 5k miles I usually do 15k. If you hadn’t saved cash whilst in lockdown wtf were you doing. In fact if you cancelled SKY sports when there was no live sport. You could have paid for the majority of a season ticket. 

Do you think people on furlough carry on regardless and don’t attempt to cut back given less income and the uncertainty that they may not be able to pay their mortgage when furlough comes to an end? Or maybe you are too stupid to understand that?…

34 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Why would we have more  fans in financial hardship? Rangers, Celtic, Hearts  and even Livingston matched the previous seasons numbers.

Not going out for almost six months, would easily cover the cost. My car had its annual service last week, I’d done 5k miles I usually do 15k. If you hadn’t saved cash whilst in lockdown wtf were you doing. In fact if you cancelled SKY sports when there was no live sport. You could have paid for the majority of a season ticket. 

So basically you're taking your own situation and applying it to the rest of the support? Again, an utterly ridiculous generalisation. Let's leave aside this pandemic. Who's to say a few hundred of our supporters haven't decided that toiling away to no great impact in League One was bad enough in the flesh, contemplated the prospect of a season of watching that on some stream, and thought "Nah". The idea that 1600 season tickets for a third tier Scottish football club is disappointing, in this of all years, is laughable.

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

People complaining that folk who still support their home town club even though they live hundreds and hundreds of miles away get to watch the games a bit cheaper sums some of our support up. Honestly you couldn't make it up.

Try 1000s & 1000s.

But what about all those ex-pats lording it up overseas absolutely loaded and burning money for fun who to a man all work in the Oil/Gas business.

The thought that someone might leave the cold bleak dreary miserable UK for something other than money eh?

Oh and Happy Monday everyone!

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard the game might be off tomorrow due to our injury count.

Just what we like to hear a week before the season is due to start. Durnan, Dowds, Alston, Todd and Laverty weren't in the squad against Ayr so i'm guessing they were nursing injuries and then we have the mystery two that got hamstring injuries during the game against Ayr. The new physio's going to be busy.

Edited by FFC 1876

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just what we like to hear a week before the season is due to start. Durnan, Dowds, Alston, Todd and Laverty weren't in the squad against Ayr so i'm guessing they were nursing injuries and then we have the mystery two that got hamstring injuries during the game against Ayr. The new physio's going to be busy.

Could be because we have a braw female physio. God I’m a Sexist pig.

On 26/09/2020 at 15:29, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm guessing that's the reason. It would mean that smaller clubs like Morton and Arbroath can get some cash out the Hearts fans when their team come visiting. I imagine most teams in the division would feel that way, so it's not hard to understand the decision if it went to a majority vote. Self-interest is never far away from being top of the agenda when it comes to football clubs. 

No idea what will happen in League One though. 

BBC Scotland just killed that cow by televising the Arbroath v Hearts match (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54300493), which will result in no domestic PPV income for Arbroath. They have another 18 games to televise, and you can bet Hearts will feature in most, although Hearts fans had promised a boycott of several sides.

As for the FTV quality issue, RaithTV was struggling for a few years with a flaky wireless connection but cleared it up with a cable run under the pitch during the last surface redo to plastic. Hopefully that's all they are fighting at worst.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

BBC Scotland just killed that cow by televising the Arbroath v Hearts match (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54300493), which will result in no domestic PPV income for Arbroath. They have another 18 games to televise, and you can bet Hearts will feature in most, although Hearts fans had promised a boycott of several sides.

As for the FTV quality issue, RaithTV was struggling for a few years with a flaky wireless connection but cleared it up with a cable run under the pitch during the last surface redo to plastic. Hopefully that's all they are fighting at worst.

What was the reason that they gave for not continuing to televise any Championship games once Sevco had been promoted? I can't remember but do recall that it had nothing to do with the fact that they weren't in the league, or so we were told! Strange that they can miraculously start again now that a big team are back in the league!

26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What was the reason that they gave for not continuing to televise any Championship games once Sevco had been promoted? I can't remember but do recall that it had nothing to do with the fact that they weren't in the league, or so we were told! Strange that they can miraculously start again now that a big team are back in the league!

It's the reckoning and a shakeout of Scottish Football as we know it. Forget government support, if they can let the hospitality industry go to the wall because of Covid legislation then Scottish Football does not even register. When the first club folds / goes into hibernation / withdraws from league then more will follow.

I look no further in ambitions for the club other than having FFC still in existence come August next year.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

The BBC didn't televise any Championship games when Rangers were in the lower leagues - Sky/BT did as part of their SPFL rights deal, and continued to do so (to a lesser extent) even after they were promoted. This BBC Friday night Championship deal is now in its third season - Falkirk featured on it more than once when you were still in the Championship.