The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Its not the fact the tide is turning its the fact the economic model the west normally goes for is well and truly f**ked, without some sort of normality more jobs will be lost more people will become homeless and in short rising poverty.  Vaccine will give a limited amount of immunity.  If Boris hadnt caught it we wouldnt have seen a lockdown that was imposed like the last time, NS wants to try and champion this one and the view people have on her is she has handled it well though all devolved Govts are being cautious in the approach to this rather than go out and lift all restrictions.  The end result is until we have a vaccine the only other alternative is herd immunity and with that come the risks of more deaths.  NS doesn't want that option as it shows as an uncaring Govt and Boris will pretty much do what Cummings says though other tories will  throw him to the wolves as his options so far arent helping the financial sector.

Leonard Cohen nailed it 'The rich get rich-The poor get poor-That's how it goes=Everybody knows'

We are witnessing the most brutal and callus face of capitalism. This is how it works, Capitalism is based on the creation of wealth filling the glass. What spills over the top is then used for social purposes and the benefit of the population at large.

What we have had is a neat trick by the establishment elite and it's simple. Just keep making the glass larger to catch more of the wealth created.

The perfect example is Somerset Investments Ltd the investment house created by Jacob Rees Mogg who still has a 15% stake in a blind trust and is based in the tax haven of the Cayman Islands. Their CEO sent a message to their client list at the start of the pandemic saying.

'The situation presents an opportunity for above normal returns on your investment'

This ethical and moral vacuum seeing the un folding human tragedy and daily increasing mortality rate thinks ' Cash to be made out of this '

It's the unacceptable face of capitalism and you are either with that type of capitalist system or against it.

That's my Sunday rant - lets talk football !

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Leonard Cohen nailed it 'The rich get rich-The poor get poor-That's how it goes=Everybody knows'

We are witnessing the most brutal and callus face of capitalism. This is how it works, Capitalism is based on the creation of wealth filling the glass. What spills over the top is then used for social purposes and the benefit of the population at large.

What we have had is a neat trick by the establishment elite and it's simple. Just keep making the glass larger to catch more of the wealth created.

The perfect example is Somerset Investments Ltd the investment house created by Jacob Rees Mogg who still has a 15% stake in a blind trust and is based in the tax haven of the Cayman Islands. Their CEO sent a message to their client list at the start of the pandemic saying.

'The situation presents an opportunity for above normal returns on your investment'

This ethical and moral vacuum seeing the un folding human tragedy and daily increasing mortality rate thinks ' Cash to be made out of this '

It's the unacceptable face of capitalism and you are either with that type of capitalist system or against it.

That's my Sunday rant - lets talk football !

I take it your against James Anderson giving his £50000 donations to Scottish clubs.

Profits made from the fabulous Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust.

Its maybe capitalism but it was the brainpower of the investment managers at Baillie Gifford who foresaw the growing influence of technology who created the wealth.

You sound like a Luddite.

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That was one wee mention by you at the end though.  The other page of stuff was about trips to Florida and the pros and cons of capitalism.😂

Come on - you know you just love it!!

Controversy makes the world go round.

I remarked that the camera work was rotten yesterday.

No comment?

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Watched the highlights with Akeels one for the second goal it looks as if we finally have a bit of a physical presence in the team and dare i say it Sammon as much as he didnt get any goals looks as if he is trying to create something for Keena.

As for the established CH part of DM interview i only hope that whoever comes in displaces Durnan as much as Hall has some mistakes in him, Durnans is just a red card waiting to happen at the best of times.

Was interesting to hear McCracken say that. We probably all expected Durnan to be that 'established' centre back but sounds like maybe he's not. Either that or they've discovered they dont like the pairing of him and Hall. Could we sign someone called Dobbie and pair him with Hall ?

36 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Was interesting to hear McCracken say that. We probably all expected Durnan to be that 'established' centre back but sounds like maybe he's not. Either that or they've discovered they dont like the pairing of him and Hall. Could we sign someone called Dobbie and pair him with Hall ?

I think if we were to sign a player called Dobbie we would need to put him up front, saying that we could also pair Hall up with players with the surname Albert, Usher and which would prob suit most of the main stand a player Named Bingo

4 hours ago, SouthStandBairn said:

Those who have an existing monthly or yearly FTV subscription and kept this running over lockdown will have this honoured - however this is closed to new subscribers.

Prices for home game pay-per-views are being considered by the club just now and season ticket value will be one of the factors considered.

Why not offer those abroad virtual season tickets and charge them the same as normal season tickets? 

I think the club missed a trick during Covid , they could have said if you paid the top up season ticket,  you were first in the queue to attend games if the stadium opened at reduced capacity. 
The club could have said the only way to watch Home games Via FFC TV is by season ticket and got more money into the club.

but if the club thinks season ticket holders are happy to pay nearly £20 a game whilst non season ticket holders will pay half that, they better think again. Rangers can away with that, they have have a waiting list for season tickets.

5 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

How do you know what expats earn out of interest?

is there any issue with the rights to broadcast at 3pm Saturday slots for example that mean the club need to pay more?

I’m sure there are a few charity workers or teaching English abroad for life experience people and maybe a handful of people who moved for love and are now potless living in a shithole. But most expats have moved because they have a skill and that skill is demand in that country - people with in demand skills earn good money. 

Interesting experiment just started in Florida.
The Governor has removed all restrictions and told businesses to get back to normal.
Florida has a huge elderly population so this will be watched carefully worldwide.
If the infection rate is no worse than anywhere else then ‘game on’.
If you were talking California, I might pay attention.

I realise the quality of the Falkirk TV match highlights of the Ayr game was not that important, given the game.  But I really hope the quality going forward is  better than it has been up to now.   Other clubs highlights seem to have much better visual clarity than we do.  Yes the guys are volunteers and do a good job and I think the commentary has been great for some years.  I wonder if it's the gear they have to work with?

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

The top up is to help the club, and give a donation to Strathcarron 
it should give you first dibs on any reduced attendance game, but it doesn’t . 

No it shouldn’t. The reduced rate for my seat is still the same as the south stand plus top up. If I decided not to top up I’d still be paying the same as you with top up so you can’t prioritise fans based on whether they topped up or not

No it shouldn’t. The reduced rate for my seat is still the same as the south stand plus top up. If I decided not to top up I’d still be paying the same as you with top up so you can’t prioritise fans based on whether they topped up or not

Agree with this. I topped up but it was to help the club. Nothing else was offered at the time and I’m not expecting any favours in return.
I’ll just be happy if we have a club and some football to watch in upcoming years.....

Strongest argument I’ve seen (and one I hope gets shouted about when the relevant people talk to gov officials) is the crucialness of football to local towns, and the huge mental health benefits to those communities. 

Personally I would be happy to put up with a huge number of other restrictions if just once every 2 weeks I could go to sit in an outdoor stadium and support my team - to be able to at least always have something to look forward to and think about during the week would be hugely beneficial and it’s something I really struggled with in the initial lockdown - the monotony and endlessness of it without anything at all to enjoy at a weekend.

Sadly I think many policy makers won’t have stepped in any stadium in their life and don’t realise for a lot of working people going to games and football in general is one of the most important things in their life 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree with this. I topped up but it was to help the club. Nothing else was offered at the time and I’m not expecting any favours in return.
I’ll just be happy if we have a club and some football to watch in upcoming years.....

So if we open at 20% capacity who gets in?

Director, Sponsors, shareholders, then season ticket holders?  There has to be a plan.

28 minutes ago, Rocco said:

My season ticket isn’t for the south stand, I’d like to think if we opened at 20% Prime then main standers would get the 1st opportunity to move to the away stand.