The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

750 cases in Scotland in a single day today, yet the experts on here are criticising the Scottish Government for trying to protect the elderly and infirm.

Some things matter more than football....

I liked the part where we've run up a £300M "black hole" somehow without being able to borrow 😄 Same shite we've heard dozens of times before when countries realise they are better off away from WM.

Anyway, good win today. Still players to come back in too which is nice. After all this heavy lobbying, I can see some slackening of the shackles on football crowds, but will it be enough?

750 cases that weren't caused by football then seen as nobody's been allowed at the games but the supermarkets, pubs and restaurants are a free for all? If you don't give people safe options for their free time like attending an open air stadium whilst socially distancing, you'll end up with more cases through people doing their own thing.

And you are an expert on what’s safe?

Let’s allow us all to go to the football then and ban us all from supermarkets cos it’s much safer ffs.

Only bit I agree with is pubs should be closed. There is a danger of fans piling into pubs to watch the football ironically....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

And you are an expert on what’s safe?
Let’s allow us all to go to the football then and ban us all from supermarkets cos it’s much safer ffs.
Only but I agree with is pubs should be closed. There is a danger of fans piling into pubs to watch the football ironically....

But there's not a danger of fans going to pub to watch the football on the TV as they can't actually go watch it in a stadium? I never once said ban us all from the supermarket, 500 people inside a supermarket touching the same products and the same surfaces or 500 people spread out around a stadium that holds 8,000+ people? You don't have to be an expert to work out which one is more likely to cause a spread.

33 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

750 cases that weren't caused by football, as nobody's been allowed at the games but the supermarkets, pubs and restaurants are a free for all? If you don't give people safe options for their free time like attending an open air stadium whilst socially distancing, you'll end up with more cases through people doing their own thing.

You are correct.

Most of the 750 are probably students which is a good thing as they will be largely unaffected and increase community immunity.

Not me saying this but Professor Bhopal of Edin Uni.

Just now, Bantabairn said:

Unfortunately hearing that two players picked up two hamstring injuries today. Not unexpected after 6 months from competitive football, just hope the injuries are not serious. 

Or aren't injuries to key players. Going by our twitter Miller, Connolly and Sammon were subbed off.

You are correct.
Most of the 750 are probably students which is a good thing as they will be largely unaffected and increase community immunity.
Not me saying this but Professor Bhopal of Edin Uni.

No one has proven Herd immunity.

At a recent hospital check up I was told despite being hospitalised that my immunity had probably almost come to an end and I was no safer than I was before I had it.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

At a recent hospital check up I was told despite being hospitalised that my immunity had probably almost come to an end and I was no safer than I was before I had it.

Pretty sure they reported one of the first people that caught covid in the UK has been infected again

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yes, you’re correct from what I’ve read.

It lasts up to 6 months,I’m told.

Still a bonus.

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or will home clubs offer PPV for anyone?

I'm guessing that's the reason. It would mean that smaller clubs like Morton and Arbroath can get some cash out the Hearts fans when their team come visiting. I imagine most teams in the division would feel that way, so it's not hard to understand the decision if it went to a majority vote. Self-interest is never far away from being top of the agenda when it comes to football clubs. 

No idea what will happen in League One though. 

Just listened to Mcracken's post match interview and it's music to our ears.

"We're still looking for an established centre half as we don't really have one just now, if we can't find one but we can find a left back it means we can push Dixon into left centre back" 

Keena's interview was quite funny too, when asked what fans can expect from him he said "not many of passes and plenty of shots"

Still waiting on our highlights so i've had to watch Hearts Vs Partick's highlights instead. The good news is their defence looks shambolic aswell.

Edited by FFC 1876

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

750 cases that weren't caused by football, as nobody's been allowed at the games but the supermarkets, pubs and restaurants are a free for all? If you don't give people safe options for their free time like attending an open air stadium whilst socially distancing, you'll end up with more cases through people doing their own thing.

This is the most sense I've heard on the subject yet & also this from from Stewart

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-stewart-calls-spfl-fan-22746877