The Falkirk FC Thread

The Wall would be more relevant.
Distancing, Segregation and shutting everyone out whilst spiraling downwards into oblivion. 
Happy Tuesday everyone.

Now, here’s a thing. In 1970/71, PF played in Stirling Uni (kind of). Who knows how, but five of us Larbert High pupils got to attend, and interview them after the gig.......and we had to wear school uniform.

It was of course, utterly cringeworthy. Mason was decent to us, Gilmour was kind of ok, Waters looked on us a sub species irritation, and Wright never looked in our direction. Sadly Syd Barrett was no longer with them.

We had to write it up for the annual school magazine as an article entitled “Careful With That Axe Eugene”. *groan*.

2 hours ago, BudBairn said:

I hope the club invests
a little bit of cash in Falkirk TV this season.

They can play some crowd noises through the tannoy to boost the atmosphere and get some cardboard cutouts in the crowd.

The "cröwdies" cardboard cut outs were 25 quid each at Leeds and they sold 18,000 of them. There is cash to made there. Money could be ploughed back into FTV.

Who would have thought all those years ago that St Johnstone would be trailblazers for this kind of thing with their giant "Guess Who" cut outs to cover up having no fans. Mind you there wasn't a pandemic going on when they did it.  

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Now, here’s a thing. In 1970/71, PF played in Stirling Uni (kind of). Who knows how, but five of us Larbert High pupils got to attend, and interview them after the gig.......and we had to wear school uniform.

It was of course, utterly cringeworthy. Mason was decent to us, Gilmour was kind of ok, Waters looked on us a sub species irritation, and Wright never looked in our direction. Sadly Syd Barrett was no longer with them.

We had to write it up for the annual school magazine as an article entitled “Careful With That Axe Eugene”. *groan*.

You know that's exactly as I'd imagined them to be ...apart from Wright , I thought he was supposed to have been a nice fella.

I'd say after the gig wasn't the best idea.  

Roger has mellowed in his old age in regards to his fan hating and even waved to me at the O2 once.

Edited by Hank von Hell

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The "cröwdies" cardboard cut outs were 25 quid each at Leeds and they sold 18,000 of them. There is cash to made there. Money could be ploughed back into FTV.

Who would have thought all those years ago that St Johnstone would be trailblazers for this kind of thing with their giant "Guess Who" cut outs to cover up having no fans. Mind you there wasn't a pandemic going on when they did it.  

Aye definitely a money spinner. The osama one at Leeds was hilarious.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye definitely a money spinner. The osama one at Leeds was hilarious.

The funniest thing about it is they put Osama in the front row!

He could've been stuck somewhere at the back (like Jimmy Saville was) and no-one would have been any the wiser.

Forgot to add that the English FA looking at a 1.5 billion pounds to compensate the likelihood of no fans for the next few months. Some very dangerous times ahead for Scottish clubs 
I think you are right sadly. I hate to be a pessimist but I honestly dont think the SFA will be able to muster 1.5 billion.

35 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Forgot to add that the English FA looking at a 1.5 billion pounds to compensate the likelihood of no fans for the next few months. Some very dangerous times ahead for Scottish clubs 

That scenario should have been costed and part of the business plan and budget for the coming season.

If the board don't have an action plan ready to go at an instant then the club is in danger. 

Deans is no financial mug and am confident he has got the number right on this. Sadly there will be some clubs that won't see the new year.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
That scenario should have been costed and part of the business plan and budget for the coming season.
If the board don't have an action plan ready to go at an instant then the club is in danger. 
Deans is no financial mug and am confident he has got the number right on this. Sadly there will be some clubs that won't see the new year.

Never mind football, how many small to medium size enterprises do you think have a fully costed business plan based on pretty much full spend but no income for the forthcoming year?
The club have recently brought in outside investment and talked about a share scheme alongside season ticket purchases that may never come to the purchasers use fruition.
I think the club - board - appear to be doing what is expected of them tbh.....

Edited by roman_bairn

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Agree, the landscape of Scottish football will look quite different in 2021.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You know that's exactly as I'd imagined them to be ...apart from Wright , I thought he was supposed to have been a nice fella.

I'd say after the gig wasn't the best idea.  

Roger has mellowed in his old age in regards to his fan hating and even waved to me at the O2 once.

One of a handful of bands and artists who's music has stood the test of time. PF music will be played and preformed for generations to come and revered as classical music is done today.

Just now, Bantabairn said:

If my interpretation of Borises speech is correct, that’s all spectator sports more or less without fans for six months. Assuming our FM is on board, that’s football now on TV only!

Suspect a few chairman will be reaching for the medicine cupboard.

He only mentioned "major sporting events", I don't think SPFL1 games come under that category.  Here's hoping for some common sense.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Never mind football, how many small to medium size enterprises do you think have a fully costed business plan based on pretty much full spend but no income for the forthcoming year?
The club have recently brought in outside investment and talked about a share scheme alongside season ticket purchases that may never come to the purchasers use fruition.
I think the club - board - appear to be doing what is expected of them tbh.....

Agree ! it goes beyond football and these are unprecedented times. Jobs, futures and quality of life are being effected not only now but for years to come and it should not be forgotten. 

11 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If my interpretation of Borises speech is correct, that’s all spectator sports more or less without fans for six months. Assuming our FM is on board, that’s football now on TV only!

Suspect a few chairman will be reaching for the medicine cupboard.

Upto six months if nothing improves which is stating the obvious 

Lifted from the bbc website.

There are also concerns over the lower-league football season, which was due to start on October 17th.

That date was chosen with a view to having fans in the stadium, which would bring the revenue needed for clubs to function.

It's also unclear what new restrictions might mean for testing protocols among clubs in the Scottish Championship, League One and League Two.

Current rules mean those teams could face each other without regular testing, but that may also be reviewed.

Sporting bodies in England have already written to the Westminster government asking for financial assistance.

Edited by Sgt Bilko

12 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Lifted from the bbc website.

There are also concerns over the lower-league football season, which was due to start on October 17th.

That date was chosen with a view to having fans in the stadium, which would bring the revenue needed for clubs to function.

It's also unclear what new restrictions might mean for testing protocols among clubs in the Scottish Championship, League One and League Two.

Current rules mean those teams could face each other without regular testing, but that may also be reviewed.

Sporting bodies in England have already written to the Westminster government asking for financial assistance.

Clubs all knew 

_20200922_134014.JPG