The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

On that note, did anyone else think the black numbers on the red away tops was damn near unreadable? Watching the highlights it was quite difficult to pick out even the numbers on the shirts.

It was harder to keep up with the number of goals we scored.

46 minutes ago, Nedelko said:
2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:
To be fair I think a lot of us will agree that we never expected Alston to re-sign, this pandemic could yet bring us that miracle. Could be a case of sign a years deal with us to get back playing again and put his injuries behind him then look for a better move next summer when hopefully things have calmed down. I'm still clinging onto the hope that we'll manage to get rid of Sammon.

Alston was the very upper limit but Kingsley is in a different universe financially. Don't see how it can happen, but also don't see the problem with throwing him a bone on the off-chance

Kingsley was a good servant to Falkirk and left with everybody's best wishes and we got a decent payday. Kingsley was good for FFC and FFC was good for Kingsley. The guy has had a tragic 3 years and again it could be good for both parties. Gets himself fit and proves he is robust enough at a level where he can ease himself back to peak fitness and form. 6 month deal with a walk away clause and he just might bite ! 

Can't help thinking covid is the ultimate proof there is no god. We can watch games on Falkirk tv this season in the house while getting very very drunk. Surely if there was a god, no deity could be so cruel, so heartless to send a pandemic to stop us getting into the football and not do it during Hartley's season in charge.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Still think it'll depend on the defender we sign as they need to be a starter as Durnan and Hall both have a bombscare in them. M&M said a while ago that a defender and a back up goalie would be their lot but if that was the case I highly doubt we'd have so many attacking trialists in just now. So hopefully that means we've got another 3 or 4 at a push signings to make. 

The goalposts may have moved and more money released for signings due to the Rawlins appointment possibly? Otherwise I don't see the point in midfield or attacking trialists if there's no intention of signing any if them.

11 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

The goalposts may have moved and more money released for signings due to the Rawlins appointment possibly? Otherwise I don't see the point in midfield or attacking trialists if there's no intention of signing any if them.

Still want another striker so we don't have to rely on Lee Miller or Connor Sammon as an option coming off the bench. Leitch is obviously seen as the back up winger so we may be sorted on that front. Todd, Alston, Telfer and Laverty have all been missing from the last two friendly squads surely all four aren't injured.  A striker, a defender and a back up goalkeeper. 

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Can't help thinking covid is the ultimate proof there is no god. We can watch games on Falkirk tv this season in the house while getting very very drunk. Surely if there was a god, no deity could be so cruel, so heartless to send a pandemic to stop us getting into the football and not do it during Hartley's season in charge.

To quote a line from a Dick Gaughin song 'There no gods and precious few hero's - But there are plenty on the dole in the Land of the Leal.

Give it a listen and very apt for the time we are living in.

Sorry, you want a pandemic at the same time as we have Hartley in charge? We’d all be suicidal.....

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

To quote a line from a Dick Gaughin song 'There no gods and precious few hero's - But there are plenty on the dole in the Land of the Leal.

Good song, not my usual type of listen but always good to hear something different from your normal.

Still want another striker so we don't have to rely on Lee Miller or Connor Sammon as an option coming off the bench. Leitch is obviously seen as the back up winger so we may be sorted on that front. Todd, Alston, Telfer and Laverty have all been missing from the last two friendly squads surely all four aren't injured.  A striker, a defender and a back up goalkeeper. 

Sammon fair enough he’s fucking rotten. But BSLM is a great option to have he proved last season he’s still got enough to bully defences and be a threat in this league.

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

Sammon fair enough he’s fucking rotten. But BSLM is a great option to have he proved last season he’s still got enough to bully defences and be a threat in this league.

I'm not saying Lee Miller's not good enough but if Dowds or Keena were to get injured I wouldn't want us relying on a 37 year old manager as our only half decent option. He himself now probably knows he should only be there as a last resort. Last season was different as he had to play himself due to the fact Mcmillan and Sammon were inept.

Compare our attacking options to Particks per say. Rudden, Graham, Lyons, Kouider Aissa are all capable of scoring a goal or two. We have Keena, Dowds, Miller and Sammon. Having viable options to change a game will be key this season, something we didn't have last season and look where we are.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s increasingly like that we may be stuck in front of a TV somewhere watching games. Without doubt if we didn’t have the Covid situation, probably have some of the biggest gates outside the top league ( exception obviously Hearts )

Are they planning on piping in crowd noise during broadcasts?

Watching those highlights v Raith it was an awful experience despite the high scoring win. The crowd noise in England makes a big difference for me , the lack of it and hearing the players shouts above the silence just makes it seem like a training match or a kick about in the park.   

I believe it is SKY/BT that does this , might be beyond the capabilities of FTV and the others sadly.

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Watching those highlights v Raith it was an awful experience despite the high scoring win. The crowd noise in England makes a big difference for me , the lack of it and hearing the players shouts above the silence just makes it seem like a training match or a kick about in the park.   

I believe it is SKY/BT that does this , might be beyond the capabilities of FTV and the others sadly.

I got fed up with the sound men pressing the wrong buttons and went back to natural sounds. Getting goal noises when shots go 10yards wide  or ooohs when a striker shoots tamely into the keepers hands just wasn't doing it for me I'm afraid.

Can I shock you? I like Falkirk Football Club.  I mean, there's a couple of you on here who think you should be Premiership top 6 every season, but overall you're good cunts imo.

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The crowd noise in England is amateur beyond belief. The 3 second delay to a goal being scored is laughable.

I haven't played FIFA in about 20 years but I will put myself out there and say they do a better job.

I'm fully on board with the crowd noise, anything to lift the atmosphere of these TV games.

I've never been much of a fan of football on TV at home, just find myself getting bored and doing other things, no matter the game.

During lockdown I tried watching the Bundesliga and the English Premier without having seen a game of either all season. I found the EPL much easier to get into with the crowd noise than the Bundesliga, just felt like watching preseason games.

Edited by ilostmyself

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Can I shock you? I like Falkirk Football Club.  I mean, there's a couple of you on here who think you should be Premiership top 6 every season, but overall you're good c***s imo.

A well run Falkirk should be somewhere between 8th to 14th in Scottish football in 80% of seasons

12 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lucky enough to have seen Gaughan live a couple of times.

Outstanding.