The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Hearts were after Kingsley earlier in the window but his wage demands were far too high by the sounds of it.

What I would say is that if he doesn't get a deal he thinks meets his value there's as much chance of him signing a short term deal with us till he does I suppose. 

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t believe there is any mandatory testing for non Premier clubs - unless you are playing a top division side in the Cup or a friendly. However some clubs are doing their own testing.

Whilst you can understand the financial reasons for non testing, it’s surely a disaster waiting to happen and will have to change soon.

I still think there’s a huge question mark over the upcoming League One campaign.....

I must have missed the rule change and I don't understand why testing would not be mandatory. Seems completely at odds with protocols elsewhere in football and in public life.

You've got social distancing and the rule of six for joe public whilst at the same time teams of footballers travelling all over the country in  close physical contact with other teams & no idea if they have the virus or not. Then they go home to their families.

You're right it's a disaster waiting to happen , and I still cannot actually believe it. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I don’t think any of their fans expect the league to be a walkover.

We don’t expect this league to be a walkover at all, it is going to be tight. 
I posted something similar to this on our thread when a Falkirk fan asked about our expectations for the season ahead.

Realistically our expectations are high, the majority of our fan base I’d say is expecting us to win the league, we likely have the biggest budget, a manager who has done it before and we were a team who was in the top 6 of the Premiership in 2017. Our squad is looking strong especially attacking wise, I’d say we have the best attack in the league, of course people may disagree, but this is how I honestly feel.
That all said of course guarantees us nothing and it would be foolish to think we will walk the league, it is going to be tight.

Edited by R&Y99

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Clubs milking yesterday's result a bit much now on social media. 

The club are often pretty good at social media but by no means are they averse to the odd minter. Mind the Top of the League crowing last season when we were top for a grand total off, IIRC, one week 

24 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Fair comment and with three decent front players, you should be looking at the league title. However like we thought last season, it would be a season only down here. Apart from our own woes with the then manager, you will quickly find out that unless you get consistency and  results early doors, most clubs in this league that will see PT and us as the big prize.....

It’ll be no walk in the park as you’ve stated, I expect both of us to compete for the title and Airdrie to be in third place. I trust in what McCall is doing and believe he can bring us success. It’ll be an interesting season ahead.

40 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

It’ll be no walk in the park as you’ve stated, I expect both of us to compete for the title and Airdrie to be in third place. I trust in what McCall is doing and believe he can bring us success. It’ll be an interesting season ahead.

I think it will go down to who can be the most consistent, I think our attack looks like it’s got goals in it (Falkirk fans possibly feel the same about theirs) but until I see our defence looking solid consecutively in competitive games, I’ll still worry about a leakage of goals. It’s a big season for both clubs, I trust McCall to do what needs to be done, but we’ll obviously see come May. 
Airdrie I’d still suggest could be dark horses for the league, Cove will be in around Top 4 as well. 

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

Hopefully some cracking games between us and with crowds all the better.

Suspect some twists and turns this season and sadly don't think some clubs will make it to the end of the season.

3 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

We don’t expect this league to be a walkover at all, it is going to be tight. 
I posted something similar to this on our thread when a Falkirk fan asked about our expectations for the season ahead.

Realistically our expectations are high, the majority of our fan base I’d say is expecting us to win the league, we likely have the biggest budget, a manager who has done it before and we were a team who was in the top 6 of the Premiership in 2017. Our squad is looking strong especially attacking wise, I’d say we have the best attack in the league, of course people may disagree, but this is how I honestly feel.
That all said of course guarantees us nothing and it would be foolish to think we will walk the league, it is going to be tight.

I think it will come down to the head to head games. That's where we fell flat last season our inability to beat the teams at the top end and a bogey team in Clyde. Big season for M&M if they fail then they are probably out. I'd agree that Partick have the best attack in the league keeping Rudden healthy might be pivotal. Interesting season ahead. 

Still think it'll depend on the defender we sign as they need to be a starter as Durnan and Hall both have a bombscare in them. M&M said a while ago that a defender and a back up goalie would be their lot but if that was the case I highly doubt we'd have so many attacking trialists in just now. So hopefully that means we've got another 3 or 4 at a push signings to make. 

9 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'm clinging so badly to this 1% chance that we will see Kingsley sign for us.

To be fair I think a lot of us will agree that we never expected Alston to re-sign, this pandemic could yet bring us that miracle. Could be a case of sign a years deal with us to get back playing again and put his injuries behind him then look for a better move next summer when hopefully things have calmed down. I'm still clinging onto the hope that we'll manage to get rid of Sammon.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hopefully some cracking games between us and with crowds all the better.

Suspect some twists and turns this season and sadly don't think some clubs will make it to the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s increasingly like that we may be stuck in front of a TV somewhere watching games. Without doubt if we didn’t have the Covid situation, probably have some of the biggest gates outside the top league ( exception obviously Hearts )

Aye in a normal season us playing each other would’ve attracted some big crowds similar to the crowds we got vs Morton in 2012/13. 
I don’t think we have any chance of being in grounds until at least 2021, we’ll see though. 

To be fair I think a lot of us will agree that we never expected Alston to re-sign, this pandemic could yet bring us that miracle. Could be a case of sign a years deal with us to get back playing again and put his injuries behind him then look for a better move next summer when hopefully things have calmed down. I'm still clinging onto the hope that we'll manage to get rid of Sammon.
Alston was the very upper limit but Kingsley is in a different universe financially. Don't see how it can happen, but also don't see the problem with throwing him a bone on the off-chance

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s increasingly like that we may be stuck in front of a TV somewhere watching games.

On that note, did anyone else think the black numbers on the red away tops was damn near unreadable? Watching the highlights it was quite difficult to pick out even the numbers on the shirts.