The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not by me though.😂. Do we even know if they are the same trialists as the shire game?

I know. It was a gentle dig at those who were a bit OTT after the Shire game, of which you weren't one. 👍

The same five trialists from that game were listed today, plus one additional player. He's been correctly identified in some posts online, as were Tuesday's goalkeeper and defender. 

I don't think anyone will know the three attackers who played then, two of whom started today. All are young English forwards who won't be known up here. 

And I yes I was at the Shire game. I don't think anything went online because it was a night to forget. We were as bad then as we were good today. 

17 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Pass. How many did he play the 90mins?

He started 16 games last season and finished about 13 of them. He also came off after 87 mins in one of those starts. Of the other sub appearances one he came on in the 41st min and the other the 45th. Fitness doesn't seem to have been a major issue. Form may well have been though.

We should be saying that to you today. Nice of you to make up the numbers.
Like you made up the numbers against East Stirling... Who cares about pre season friendlys? I'm much more interested in how we fare against the teams in our own league when the competitive stuff kicks off.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thought ours was a bit soft too. Looked like a bit of pace in the side. Been a while since I've seen us moving the ball back to front so quickly.

Looked like the kind of shit that gets called under the rules from last year. It was supposedly changed this year to consider closeness of player struck, but it was definitely off the arm.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Some good stuff in the highlights.  Another positive note - the away strip looks good from a distance when you can't the the pattern.  Good day.

Was gonna comment the same, the red looks fine at TV range.

From the highlights, the mids and forwards look well sorted for you, the backs are still a little off, so was it perhaps trialists?

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:
19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
We should be saying that to you today. Nice of you to make up the numbers.

Like you made up the numbers against East Stirling... Who cares about pre season friendlys? I'm much more interested in how we fare against the teams in our own league when the competitive stuff kicks off.

That will be the league you were awarded and never actually WON ? 8 games to play 🤫