The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Our desperation for promotion your club is the one who finished 2nd were top of the league for 2 weeks over 28 games and still thought they should be promoted. Get over it and enjoy the seaside league. Nevermind no pressure this season but if you dont go up, more cutbacks.

It wasn't too long ago you lot had the begging bowl out. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't believe we're actually playing Raith in a friendly. I would not entertain these a*******s after their antics earlier this year. Their desperation for promotion followed by their lying we scrote of an exe chairman should've seen us steer well clear of them. I wouldn't trust them to turn up for this FFS.

BrNbReAIgAEr_-i.jpg

11 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

It wasn't too long ago you lot had the begging bowl out. 

Who cares we helped our club out financially through COVID to the tune of over 100k. Like I say enjoy the Seaside league and although you will be favourites to come up I csnt help but think that Partick and Airdrie will be up there all season and if you dont go up then part time football will loom.

Can't believe we're actually playing Raith in a friendly. I would not entertain these a*******s after their antics earlier this year. Their desperation for promotion followed by their lying we scrote of an exe chairman should've seen us steer well clear of them. I wouldn't trust them to turn up for this FFS.

Jeez, you certainly reeled in plenty of Raith fish with that comment Shadwell....[emoji23]

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Now confirmed that all lower league teams must follow the top league in providing the same level of testing throughout the bet Fred cup games or simply forfeit the games.  Interesting few weeks coming up.....

I read it as lower league teams only have to test when playing Premiership teams which seems odd in health terms but totally predictable in the SPFL/Premiership protect the TV deal at all costs world.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-reveal-betfred-cup-testing-22706624    

With the increased prize money and a share of gate money, it will still be profitable for non SPL clubs. Two weeks testing roughly 6k, clubs likely to bank a minimum of 30k, it could be worse. I just hope we get the chance to play these games. 

How much gate money do you collect when you play in an empty stadium? …

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

How much gate money do you collect when you play in an empty stadium? …

He must be at the wind up. 

Interesting point though, considering that hosting the ties to no or reduced crowds would be a loss making situation would both team share the loses like they would the gate money?  

On 15/09/2020 at 14:20, HopeStreetWalker said:

Brilliant individual goal ! what was so good as it became obvious what he was trying the support behaved like they were at the horse racing cheering him on to the winning line. One of the few memorable moments in a miserable era. Was never the most skillful player but had a good engine in him and at least he tried every game - liked him.

Sure it was a bicycle kick he scored against Montrose. Remember it vaguely and the fact some big fat boy nearly squashed me in the celebrations.

On testing I notice that even English championship clubs are only testing when necessary .ie when symptoms are shown and they have a lot more dough than us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Who cares we helped our club out financially through COVID to the tune of over 100k. Like I say enjoy the Seaside league and although you will be favourites to come up I csnt help but think that Partick and Airdrie will be up there all season and if you dont go up then part time football will loom.

You were ripped off by cheesy salesman Andy Mill more like 😂.

People going through a torrid time due to a global pandemic and that c**t out with a begging bowl ffs.

16 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Why we having to read about friendly matches on pie and bovril or raith rovers twitter? Not a peep about this game on Falkirks social media which is disappointing 

Probably don't want the backlash on social media, playing against the team who were promoted instead of us last year.