The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Is this a wind up? It's a kick about down the park, who cares about the result?

We are a full time professional football team that has thought 5 of these guys deserve a chance to show what they have for a chance to win a full time professional contract at the club, and impress against  non league club. Im not wetting my knickers by any stretch of the imagination, but come on, where do we find these guys and why bother? 

54 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

We are a full time professional football team that has thought 5 of these guys deserve a chance to show what they have for a chance to win a full time professional contract at the club, and impress against  non league club. Im not wetting my knickers by any stretch of the imagination, but come on, where do we find these guys and why bother? 

Sammon is the prime example of getting a wage for doing nothing. We already have the likes of Leitch and Laverty, Sneddon who may or may not be a success but are under contract. We don't need any more punts.  I can't even think who the last trialist was we signed, McHugh? 

My comment was tongue in cheek. Don’t tell me you know something has went tits up already. 

I know it was. I was merely pointing out he is not officially involved yet and can’t be until an EGM/AGM.

57 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Sammon is the prime example of getting a wage for doing nothing. We already have the likes of Leitch and Laverty, Sneddon who may or may not be a success but are under contract. We don't need any more punts.  I can't even think who the last trialist was we signed, McHugh? 

M&M signed Leitch, Sneddon and Laverty for the coming season. If their mindset is that they are getting a wage for nothing then M&M should be sacked.

This season is the most import in years and no place for passengers. Sneddon, Leitch and Laverty should get a chance. 3 - 4 goals up with 30 minutes to go - get them on, let them have their chance they wont be short of motivation and will put pressure on for first team games if they impress.

Leitch is seen as one for the future so he obv has a bit of development to go, Sneddon if Dixon is going to be LB this season then again Dixon should be bringing on young sneddon with the view that should we get promoted then Dixon drops out the game and Sneddon replaces him in the championship (again IF we go up) as for Laverty not seen enough to judge come to think of it not seen Sneddon yet as he's just signed and Leitch has been with us for a season just was sent out on loan.

Always felt laverty was just kept on because of his injury. Never seen much in him that convinced me he was good enough. Sneddon may not be ready this season for all we know and it may then be next season before he makes an impact. Who knows 
Thats all well and good when it first happened and for his recovery but surely now we have to consider him as a part of our squad

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I can't even think who the last trialist was we signed, McHugh? 

Technically Blair Sneddon, as he was training with the team last season so could have been considered to be on trial. 

Before him there were a whole pile of McKinnon recruits, with Leitch, Toshney & Johnstone being the final ones. 

Given that we got the likes of Farid, Taylor, Leahy & Vaulks from playing trialists I don't think it's a route we should be discounting. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince..... 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
grammar

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Technically Blair Sneddon, as he was training with the team last season so could have been considered to be on trial. 

Before him there were a whole pile of McKinnon recruits, with Leitch, Toshney & Johnstone being the final ones. 

Given that we got the likes of Farid, Taylor, Leahy & Vaulks from playing trialists I don't think it's a route we should be discounting. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince..... 

I've got no problem with bringing a whole bunch of trialists into the building in preseason and seeing who is any good. If none of them are you just get them punted. Utterly bizarre thing for someone to take issue with that.

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

I know you’re at the wind up, however don’t think Hibs fans minded lording it up over us when we were both in the championship despite them being a much bigger club. It’s all relative, or just a wee laugh.

Dangerous talk around Fifers though

8 hours ago, Donathan said:

I've got no problem with bringing a whole bunch of trialists into the building in preseason and seeing who is any good. If none of them are you just get them punted. Utterly bizarre thing for someone to take issue with that.

Don't think anyone has a problem with trialists, all for it. But I could throw together 11 bodies locally that would probably get the same result against East Stirling. I just wonder what the process was to get these guys in that were clearly dung but will now have "trials at Falkirk" under their belt. How do I go about this? 

Anyway I'm boring myself with it now. Was just a thought. 

49 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Don't think anyone has a problem with trialists, all for it. But I could throw together 11 bodies locally that would probably get the same result against East Stirling. I just wonder what the process was to get these guys in that were clearly dung but will now have "trials at Falkirk" under their belt. How do I go about this? 

Anyway I'm boring myself with it now. Was just a thought. 

How do we know it was the trialists that were crap and not the guys we already have signed up. When you play trialists it's not the result that matters but the individual performances. Given none of us were there we haven't a scooby how each if them played so don't have a clue whether they are decent or not.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How do we know it was the trialists that were crap and not the guys we already have signed up. When you play trialists it's not the result that matters but the individual performances. Given none of us were there we haven't a scooby how each if them played so don't have a clue whether they are decent or not.

I think when you're a full time team playing against tinpot shite you should be capable of comfortably out performing them in any circumstances. If the players weren't up for the game that's actually more worrying given they haven't played for so long, would think they would be bursting for a game. Wouldn't normally shit the bed over a friendly result but even with 5 trialists and a new team at half time the Shire should not be beating us.

The good news is that doesn't look like Sam Ramsbottom, more likely that Reece Willison. Also another Trialist pictured on the heralds website who also say we have 3 games lined up with championship teams before the season kicks off.

The bad news is we're full of knicker wetters on here. We were playing with Sammon upfront, two defensive centre midfielders in Miller & Gomis and in the second half we made 6 changes 5 of which were trialists who haven't played with the team yet. No Alston, No Keena, No Connolly, all of which will be in the starting 11. 

Whereas the Shire had their best 11 out probably playing out their skin as for them the game would have meant something especially with a few ex bairns in their team. Also not the shires first game back as they played Camelon at the weekend. 

10CDCF1E-5392-4BE1-8E96-5D90EC53D751.png

EB55959C-D766-4CB3-9310-501FB031C932.png

Edited by FFC 1876

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The good news is that doesn't look like Sam Ramsbottom, more likely that Reece Willison. Also another Trialist pictured on the heralds website who also say we have 3 games lined up with championship teams before the season kicks off.

The bad news is we're full of knicker wetters on here. We were playing with Sammon upfront, two defensive centre midfielders in Miller & Gomis and in the second half we made 6 changes 5 of which were trialists who haven't played with the team yet. No Alston, No Keena, No Connolly, all of which will be in the starting 11. 

Whereas the Shire had their best 11 out probably playing out their skin as for them the game would have meant something especially with a few ex bairns in their team. Also not the shires first game back as they played Camelon at the weekend. 

10CDCF1E-5392-4BE1-8E96-5D90EC53D751.png

EB55959C-D766-4CB3-9310-501FB031C932.png

Exactly if there's a chance to be hard on our team I'll usually take it but not in this case. The number of folk concerned about the result in a pre season kick a bout is quite incredible.  It doesn't matter a feck apart from getting the fitness up and having a look at a few trialists. 

43 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

I think when you're a full time team playing against tinpot shite you should be capable of comfortably out performing them in any circumstances. If the players weren't up for the game that's actually more worrying given they haven't played for so long, would think they would be bursting for a game. Wouldn't normally shit the bed over a friendly result but even with 5 trialists and a new team at half time the Shire should not be beating us.

It's a kick a bout FFS. The result means absolutely nothing.  There's still a month to go till the real stuff starts and a number of pre season games planned plus the League cup.