The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

No matter which way you paint it, any Falkirk team shouldn't be losing to East Stirling. I'd like to think we have another friendly pretty soon which is why it was a half arsed team put out. Doesn't say much for any of the trialists either. 

Shire had a distinct advantage. We are not used to playing in front of no crowd whereas they have done so for decades. 

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

No matter which way you paint it, any Falkirk team shouldn't be losing to East Stirling. I'd like to think we have another friendly pretty soon which is why it was a half arsed team put out. Doesn't say much for any of the trialists either. 

This. If trialists who are supposedly bustin' their guts to get signed can't beat the likes of the 'Shire then they probably need to be dumped right away. Mind you, re: your half arsed comment, and slightly in the trialists defence, I think that the way the team was sent out reflects badly on M & M. To me,  it would have made more sense to have played 2-3 of them in the first half and then played the other 2-3 in the second half to give them a better chance to shine, by playing them alongside established players such as Mutch, Dixon, Miller and ahem, Durnan. 5 trialists all playing together for the first time is a big ask. Then again, the 'Shire, fuxxake.

43 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Is this a wind up? It's a kick about down the park, who cares about the result?

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This. If trialists who are supposedly bustin' their guts to get signed can't beat the likes of the 'Shire then they probably need to be dumped right away. Mind you, re: your half arsed comment, and slightly in the trialists defence, I think that the way the team was sent out reflects badly on M & M. To me,  it would have made more sense to have played 2-3 of them in the first half and then played the other 2-3 in the second half to give them a better chance to shine, by playing them alongside established players such as Mutch, Dixon, Miller and ahem, Durnan. 5 trialists all playing together for the first time is a big ask. Then again, the 'Shire, fuxxake.

What's to say one of the trialists wasn't the best player on the park in the second half and the rest weren't up to much therefore we didn't do anything? Unless you were there watching the game you can't say the trialists must have all been shite. Were all the Ajax players who got beat off us shite? Friendly results mean nothing.

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does anyone know who the trialists were ??

Jonny Mitchell, Sam Ramsbottom and Sioni Benham have been the names i've seen mentioned but again could be no truth in them. 

Edited by FFC 1876

59 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What's to say one of the trialists wasn't the best player on the park in the second half and the rest weren't up to much therefore we didn't do anything? Unless you were there watching the game you can't say the trialists must have all been shite. Were all the Ajax players who got beat off us shite? Friendly results mean nothing.

Jonny Mitchell, Sam Ramsbottom and Sioni Benham have been the names i've seen mentioned but again could be no truth in them. 

Ooft!

That's a boot in the baws for me, and a slap in the pus from him.

I stand corrected.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Shire had a distinct advantage. We are not used to playing in front of no crowd whereas they have done so for decades. 

Reminds me of the diddy from the 60-70's  Shire supporters  ' Shiries a great wee team - Shiries a great wee team - If it's fitba yer after - Don't go to Brockville - Shiries a great wee team gez a goal ! gez a goal ! ( unfortunately it was an accurate observation )

Very good and funny, a good example of supporters wit. If we can't laugh at some of the piss takes aimed at us then what's the point of supporting the club at all. 

Anybody else remember other one's ? racking my brains now LOL.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Reminds me of the diddy from the 60-70's  Shire supporters  ' Shiries a great wee team - Shiries a great wee team - If it's fitba yer after - Don't go to Brockville - Shiries a great wee team gez a goal ! gez a goal ! ( unfortunately it was an accurate observation )

Very good and funny, a good example of supporters wit. If we can't laugh at some of the piss takes aimed at us then what's the point of supporting the club at all. 

Anybody else remember other one's ? racking my brains now LOL.

Also remember "Oh when the Shire, go up, to lift the Scottish Cup.... we'll be dead.  We'll be dead"

I’m not going to overact based on one friendly, however based on that result, I can’t see anything other than a relegation to League Two IMO.

We are going to be so shit this season that they’ll give the bottom league two club a reprieve and make us play in the pyramid playoff IMO

12 minutes ago, Nedelko said:
2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

The same Jonny Mitchell that left our academy for Brentford a couple of years ago?

The very one, he was released in the summer looks to have gained a bit of sturdyness since he was last with us.

The very one, he was released in the summer looks to have gained a bit of sturdyness since he was last with us.
Interesting enough. From what I remember he was a central midfielder, so not sure we necessarily need him, but would imagine he's being looked at with half an eye on recapturing what we lost in the 'Brentford model' clusterfuck

3 minutes ago, Nedelko said:
11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Interesting enough. From what I remember he was a central midfielder, so not sure we necessarily need him, but would imagine he's being looked at with half an eye on recapturing what we lost in the 'Brentford model' clusterfuck

When he was at us he could play centre mid, right back or centre back. Don't know where his preferred position ended up being when he went down south but he played in all of those positions for the Scotland youth teams as well.

15 hours ago, Trump said:

Out of curiosity , when was the last time East Fife beat Falkirk in a competitive game? When I googled it it said October 1996 but don’t know how accurate that is. If so, jeez.

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Lording it over East Fife and East Stirlingshire. Have we really sunk that low? 

When he was at us he could play centre mid, right back or centre back. Don't know where his preferred position ended up being when he went down south but he played in all of those positions for the Scotland youth teams as well.
Didn't realise that. Considering our current CB/RB options are reliant on on superhuman fitness and Mark Durnan never getting suspended, he sounds as if he could be decent cover