The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think 1650 is that bad when nobody really knows yet when we'll be allowed back into stadiums or even if the full season will go ahead. The league doesn't start until the 17th of October so plenty of time yet for people to buy their season ticket if they want to. We'll be at the 2000 mark come the start of the season which is by no means a terrible figure for how badly we've performed on the park as a club the last decade.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The aggregate score was about right, but it was a right dunt in the sacks to get so cruelly exposed in the first 10 minutes and then have to endure the horrible rest of the game.

Yeah, we were def (very) lucky in the first leg, and over-run in the return... in spite of a chance at 0-2 (Sibbald, I think) to tie it, we'd never have held out tbh.  Badly out-muscled & dragged all over the park, we really missed a Davie Nicholls/ Paddy Cregg/ Will Vaulks type.  An imbalance which has contributed to our shortcomings practically ever since. 

7 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Yeah, we were def (very) lucky in the first leg, and over-run in the return... in spite of a chance at 0-2 (Sibbald, I think) to tie it, we'd never have held out tbh.  Badly out-muscled & dragged all over the park, we really missed a Davie Nicholls/ Paddy Cregg/ Will Vaulks type.  An imbalance which has contributed to our shortcomings practically ever since. 

What, like the Vaulks that was playing do you mean?

1 hour ago, MasonGee said:

Whats happenin' Bairns! New to the area (originally from Kentucky) and feel like this is the team for me. My passion is plastic pitches! Hit me up with some of your best 'Bairn' chants!

How about this one:

away, away away away, f**k off, f**k off. 

1650 ST’s sold.
A bit disappointing, I reckon.

Astonishingly good number considering they will have to watch most of the games on a live stream and many are going to lose their jobs when furlough finishes.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

What, like the Vaulks that was playing do you mean?

Ooops. My bad, Shagger... 

In an attempt to back-track, how about I suggest Vaulks was pretty anonymous in the game, hence we desperately needed a more commanding performance in the mould of his usual standard, or from someone else like eg. Nicholls, in midfield that day.  

The point was really about losing the physical battle in midfield.  And lacking in that area during several seasons since. 

18 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Ooops. My bad, Shagger... 

In an attempt to back-track, how about I suggest Vaulks was pretty anonymous in the game, hence we desperately needed a more commanding performance in the mould of his usual standard, or from someone else like eg. Nicholls, in midfield that day.  

The point was really about losing the physical battle in midfield.  And lacking in that area during several seasons since. 

Step away from the shovel!! 😝