The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

This last week on this thread has reminded me of how judgemental some people are - plank on own eye before speck in others comes to mind 

What's the world coming to when you can't slash somebody with a Stanley knife, PC gone mad.

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

I can’t believe this post. It’s horrifying. You are a disgraceful person. 

I think you are missing the deeper point guys about judging others when missing your own faults, however appreciate that the forum is all about opinions 

I personally don’t know Derek but I do know that by the grace of God go all of us

2 hours ago, Gus2 said:

Signings will happen in the two weeks leading up to the season starting i would expect a keeper on loan a versatile def and hopefully an attacking Mid or forward. that's only my opinion 

Nice to see some footy chat after the vilification of our new investors & ex players this week 

How come when M and M say we are only looking at a CH and a GK and thats our business done, folk are adding an attacking CM (we halve Alston) and a CF to add to it  as much as Sammon cant be arsed he's still on our books not to mention we have a reduced season and reduced funds. 

I think you are missing the deeper point guys about judging others when missing your own faults, however appreciate that the forum is all about opinions 
I personally don’t know Derek but I do know that by the grace of God go all of us

[emoji23] Whit? That’s such a wild take.

In any walk of life you are going to be judged and called out for slashing someone in the fucking face. Of course you are and deservedly so.

[emoji23] Whit? That’s such a wild take.

In any walk of life you are going to be judged and called out for slashing someone in the fucking face. Of course you are and deservedly so.
That aside, googling Derek Colquhoun yields a few more infractions than just the recent one.

If we arent clear to call someone with his record a scumbag, then I am unsure of how the world works now....

We're already a community club.
I don't know the current numbers but before lockdown there were over a thousand kids playing football every week in Falkirk strips, at the Falkirk Stadium, under the the Falkirk Community Foundation.  Although a separate legal entity, FCF are very much aligned to FFC. I'm guessing that whoever signed off the  "(Rawlins) see huge potential in Falkirk to build a successful community focused club" statement didn't know a lot about the work the Foundation does. 
That's before you look at the things like Junior Bairns, Strathcarron & other charity partnerships, tickets for schools etc. 
I'm not sure the wheel needs reinvented but if somebody wants to give us money to make a bigger one that would be fine. 

I know I have asked before but forgot. What is the view on your avatar?

5 hours ago, Gus2 said:

Signings will happen in the two weeks leading up to the season starting i would expect a keeper on loan a versatile def and hopefully an attacking Mid or forward. that's only my opinion 

Keeper is a must the rest would be a bonus that at a stretch the club could live without.

Would be good if Sneddon and Laverty were to get their chance. If they produce the goods then that is your latter two positions covered.