The Falkirk FC Thread

Disappointed but not surprised at people getting upset digging up dirt on this guy. Whilst we should not get carried away, he’s objectively better than Campbell. Would hate to think how you would feel if you had your personal life plastered all over the internet.

However, ‘Shagger Rawlins’ does have a great ring to it.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A different question might be what about the original supporters associations, or Bairntrust, or Falkirk Supporters Society as it later became known? 

It doesn't seem to have "traded" for years but it held a large number of shares which at one time was almost sufficient for it to get it on the MSG. I think Brian Guthrie continued to believe he spoke on behalf of those shareholders and was on a few fan committees as a result of it. I heard he's in very poor health nowadays but whoever gets involved in the new organisation would do well to check out the legal status of that shareholding. 

Agree that KJ and DW would be a good choice for leadership. Whether either would want the role after some of the stick they got online when their MC concerns got leaked to the press remains to be seen.  Any fan leadership role is a poisoned chalice IMO, particularly nowadays. Trial by social media, often by those who know nothing but criticise everything. 

Good luck to whoever takes the role. 

I’d heard that the official group had been presented to different groups, like bus conveners, patrons etc.  From what I’ve heard it’s not a revival of the BtB, but something that will go next to the board.

KJ doesn’t appear to be involved, though DW has been mentioned in the communication

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

As earlier posted, would rather see any major changes to our club with the ink dried before being made public. However confident the chairman and new look board are with the appointment of the new investors, AGMs have a habit of being a “bumpy ride”. There are several statuary requirements/obligations which I hope have been properly assessed. Let’s hope the AGM brings the change we’ve all been crying out for....

Is it not the fact that Mr Rawlins gave someone a ‘bumpy ride’ that’s got some of the self righteous c***s on here moaning like f**k ??

12 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Potential is there to take the club back to the premiership through time. Decent stadium, good size fan base, central location. 

Aye. I'd imagine he had a look at the Stadium, records of season ticket sales, assets and liabilities etc and thought, WTF is this club doing in the third tier?!?

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye. I'd imagine he had a look at the Stadium, records of season ticket sales, assets and liabilities etc and thought, WTF is this club doing in the third tier?!?

I'd imagine this is the case, seemed to be the same with MC looking at Sunderland. Poorly run clubs with good potential that can be bought cheaply because of relegations.

12 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Potential is there to take the club back to the premiership through time. Decent stadium, good size fan base, central location. 

The consortium are not investing out the goodness of their heart. This is a business venture and rightly they are in it to get a return on it.

Fair enough ! I don't have an issue with that and any realist that is a supporter will agree.

I go back to the best example of a benign investor and that was Fergus McCann at Celtic. He was up front with the support with what he was going to do.

Save the club from going out of business. Build a new stadium. Put in sound financial management procedures. Make the club a profitable business.

When he leaves having accomplished that he goes with his original investment and 50 million.

Hated for it at the time but in the long term it was the right thing to do.

All I ask from the new investors is the same straight talking. This is what we are putting in and this is what we are taking out to make it worth our while.

That's fair !

As earlier posted, would rather see any major changes to our club with the ink dried before being made public. However confident the chairman and new look board are with the appointment of the new investors, AGMs have a habit of being a “bumpy ride”. There are several statuary requirements/obligations which I hope have been properly assessed. Let’s hope the AGM brings the change we’ve all been crying out for....

Going to be some size of Board. What we have now plus two, plus fans.....

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Going to be some size of Board. What we have now plus two, plus fans.....

Well when you consider the board we had in the past was akin to being a man down in fact i would probably say 3 men/women down.

Interesting the main thing is making it a community club and they have 2000 boys and girls of all ages in Orlando involved with football. Cant believe we are reinventing the wheel again though and undoing CC f**k ups.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Interesting the main thing is making it a community club and they have 2000 boys and girls of all ages in Orlando involved with football. Cant believe we are reinventing the wheel again though

We're already a community club.

I don't know the current numbers but before lockdown there were over a thousand kids playing football every week in Falkirk strips, at the Falkirk Stadium, under the the Falkirk Community Foundation.  Although a separate legal entity, FCF are very much aligned to FFC. I'm guessing that whoever signed off the  "(Rawlins) see huge potential in Falkirk to build a successful community focused club" statement didn't know a lot about the work the Foundation does. 

That's before you look at the things like Junior Bairns, Strathcarron & other charity partnerships, tickets for schools etc. 

I'm not sure the wheel needs reinvented but if somebody wants to give us money to make a bigger one that would be fine. 

We're already a community club.
I don't know the current numbers but before lockdown there were over a thousand kids playing football every week in Falkirk strips, at the Falkirk Stadium, under the the Falkirk Community Foundation.  Although a separate legal entity, FCF are very much aligned to FFC. I'm guessing that whoever signed off the  "(Rawlins) see huge potential in Falkirk to build a successful community focused club" statement didn't know a lot about the work the Foundation does. 
That's before you look at the things like Junior Bairns, Strathcarron & other charity partnerships, tickets for schools etc. 
I'm not sure the wheel needs reinvented but if somebody wants to give us money to make a bigger one that would be fine. 

I think the “reinventing the wheel” line was about the late lamented Academy.

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

If nothing had been announced before the ink had dried last time, we'd have MC in charge now...  All for public announcements as early as possible where our board are concerned.  

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I think the “reinventing the wheel” line was about the late lamented Academy.

It was actually, i wouldn't mind so much but its the trying to put the thing across as if its a new thing