The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Thanks 

By the way that's not ITK or anything like that but if as i say if he didn't do due diligence right then again MC would hold the keys the fact that MC didn't pass due diligence is down to it being done correctly 

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The due diligence didn't take place till after the MSG (sorry can i say that seeing as they no longer exist)  wheeled out Kenny Rogers/Santa as preferred bidder if the due diligence wasn't done right  we would have MC as owner so in a sense GD done his homework on him hence the reason it fell on its arse,  its the rest that were creaming themselves (namely superman) over the tribute act and his plans

Am not defending GD here am just saying it as i see it

so the defense is it took him 3 months to figure out what lot of people did in a few days after MC was originally announced? i hardly think that is a glowing reference, I am not putting this new guy in the same category as MC by the way, he has a track record in football which is encouraging and as i said earlier i think the "bended ownership" model GD is talking about could be one that works for all parties.

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

so the defense is it took him 3 months to figure out what lot of people did in a few days after MC was originally announced? i hardly think that is a glowing reference, I am not putting this new guy in the same category as MC by the way, he has a track record in football which is encouraging and as i said earlier i think the "bended ownership" model GD is talking about could be one that works for all parties.

Didn't they say there was a procedure to be followed in due diligence and wasn't just a case of yes or not and it being done by lawyers ,think the biggest question was no one knew where the money was coming from.

At least as you say these ones have a proven track record and by all accounts the clubs have been left in a better place than when they found them.

22 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

I’d rather not have someone who values women as objects that can be treated like dirt anywhere near my football club actually. 

The guy had an affair but married the woman he had an affair with and the woman had an affair so on that train of thought do we not want to have women at the club who value men as objects 

all i can say is thank f**k the vatican arent interested in football clubs as they would be torn apart 

So we are looking for an owner who is loaded doesnt objectify men or women has a strong moral code and values  preferably a virgin, doesnt drink, swear or smoke makes perfect decisions is practically flawless in every aspect of his/her life and has never made a mistake in their life.

If I understand correctly, the proposal is for there to be four separate groups running the club. 

• The new fans group, who will again have board representation, just like the Trust used to do. 
  •  
  • Whatever is left of the MSG, because GD's statement makes it clear that not all of them are going.  ("some of the major shareholders have decided that this is the time for them to sell their shares in the club") .
  •  
  • Two new external investors in the Americans and (rumoured) Alan Gow. 

The last group presumably want something out of the club as well as putting something in. 

In theory this all sounds excellent. More money, more fan involvement and more expertise to drive the club forward. My only concern is that everyone will have to be singing from the same hymnsheet. That ought to be simple. After all, everyone involved should want what's best for Falkirk. 

However, as the Chairman stated "for everyone to pull in the same direction is something that has been missing from the club for some time". 

Actually Gary, that's not true. It's been missing ONLY from the owners and their boardroom appointees. The rest of us have always been on the same side. 

I have no qualms with either the statement or the direction that we appear to be heading in. It seems positive. I'm just not quite at the stage of cheering from the rafters yet. Let's have a bit more meat on the bones in terms of detail.  

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Another comment on that Reddit thread posted by bairn in exile. Comments such as “needs to be removed from the board” are worrying. Let’s hope the board haven’t fallen into the exact same trap as a year ago. 

6414AE49-5D1F-48FA-95BF-59CDC8A3CCA0.png

You're embarrassing yourself with this - nothing more than outing yourself as a permarage Daily Mail reader.

I so love the Falkirk fans attitude of "this is what I want to happen, and it's happening, so it's too good to be true".

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Have we signed Goodwillie?

That's what I thought having not heard anything about this. At first glance it seems bitter ex-wives on Facebook should be the judges of who should get involved with FFC.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Merely putting the info re: his past and character out there for people to make their own minds up.

Searching for dirt on him and finding some angry ex bitching on Reddit about getting dumped? Congratulations, that's vital for due diligence. The world needed to know.

Edited by welshbairn

Is your question “do people really think the current board have not done their due diligence on this man?”

Really?! Are people’s memories 4 months old?! They almost sold our fucking club to the charlatan 12 months ago, paid compensation for Ray fucking McKinnon when we have a lawyer on the board, ETC ETC ETC. Why would I trust them to do anything?! 

This guy’s name was given to the club prior to COVID. To my knowledge the club only started talking to him relatively recently. That may of course not be the case. He has also spoken to other Scottish clubs I believe.

I have a friend who was involved at Stoke when he was involved and talks positively about him.

No one can sell shares to another shareholder without rubber stamping of an AGM as it needs a change in the articles to allow it. That needs 75% of the shareholders to agree.

That I suggest is a formality however I would much prefer the club to wait until these things are finalised before big announcements.

The MSG involvement is by and large is MR and SA. What will there involvement post this? Is this guy working with them to ensure they stay in some sort of control? Who knows?

Interesting times ahead I would suggest.

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He’s not a rapist. He’s just a bit of a shagger. Think of the players we’ve had in the past who would have been ostracised if we knock back shaggers. 

You could make up a virtually endless list of people within football that have had extra marital affairs FFS.  Christ imagine some on here would've knocked back the likes of Ryan Giggs FFS.😂😂

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You could make up a virtually endless list of people within football that have had extra marital affairs FFS.  Christ imagine some on here would've knocked back the likes of Ryan Giggs FFS.😂😂

Sorry, I'm not shagging Ryan Giggs.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

You're embarrassing yourself with this - nothing more than outing yourself as a permarage Daily Mail reader.

I so love the Falkirk fans attitude of "this is what I want to happen, and it's happening, so it's too good to be true".

You know nothing about me. I would never read that rag. 

A lot of the dirt dug up about MC was Jeremy Kyle still shit but collectively it proved what a fake he was. 

I don’t care if he cheated on his wife and ran off with a new woman. It was the fact that seemed to seep into the boardroom of a football club and left a bitter taste in the fans of that club so much that they don’t want him on their board that seems noteworthy. The fact that he’s had some good reports from his time at Stoke City is a good counter argument to this.

Edited by bairn88

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

You know nothing about me. I would never read that rag. 

A lot of the dirt dug up about MC was Jeremy Kyle still shit but collectively it proved what a fake he was. 

I don’t care if he cheated on his wife and ran off with a new woman. It was the fact that seemed to seep into the boardroom of a football club and left a bitter taste in the fans of that club so much that they don’t want him on their board that seems noteworthy. The fact that he’s had some good reports from his time at Stoke City is a good counter argument to this.

Don’t know why you’re so snobbish about the Daily Mail.

Its very liberal on personal matters and, under Geordie Grieg, much more centrist on politics 

For folks with time available, it’s a good daily read which I top up with the Telegraph at weekends and a subscription for the Spectator.

Some great reading there