The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Aye, seems to be an affair that left the bad taste. A pretty normal life event these days. 

Would prefer to point out he is one of the reasons Orlando went from nothing to a club in the MLS and left them in a pretty good state

Agreed. Baffling to judge him on a reddit comment from ‘yogagal69’ when he has a track record within the game.

Edited by wee_bairn

26 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Wait, we're supposed to see extramarital activity as a reason someone should be banned from investing in our club?

f**k the fucking f**k off, morons.

No need for personal insults.

I wasn’t extremely vocal on here about Kenny Rodgers until I saw (I think it was) BPM get shouted down for his reservations. He was proved absolutely correct.

I agree that extramarital activity is almost meaningless in the context of a businessman, but the seeping in of his personal life into the running of that club and the lying to mayor stuff makes it worth posting if nothing else. It’s reddit, it may well be complete bullshit, who knows. 

Calm, constructive critical debate of these people is what let’s you arrive at the right decision. Not “f**k off fucking morons”.

Edited by bairn88

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I wasn’t extremely vocal on here about Kenny Rodgers until I saw (I think it was) BPM get shouted down for his reservations. He was proved absolutely correct.

I agree that extramarital activity is almost meaningless in the context of a businessman, but the seeping in of his personal life into the running of that club and the lying to mayor stuff makes it worth posting if nothing else. It’s reddit, it may well be complete bullshit, who knows. 

Calm, constructive critical debate of these people is what let’s you arrive at the right decision. Not “f**k off fucking morons”.

The Kenny Rogers tribute act was sussed by a lot of people within hours as being paraded as preferred bidder, type in the right keywords  in google you can dig up enough shit about anyones more or less high profile or in business past.

regardless your not going to get anyone that's whiter than white they've all pissed off someone or stepped on a few people to get to the top 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The first paragraph of my post falls within the boundary of "calm, constructive debate", more so than those whose primary response is to expose the guy's personal life in a crass & classless manner.

To clarify, anyone who thinks his personal life is more worthy of debate than his business record can f**k the fuckity fucking f**k off, for they are truly fuckwitted morons.

8 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

The first paragraph of my post falls within the boundary of "calm, constructive debate", more so than those whose primary response is to expose the guy's personal life in a crass & classless manner.

To clarify, anyone who thinks his personal life is more worthy of debate than his business record can f**k the fuckity fucking f**k off, for they are truly fuckwitted morons.

It’s strange that you are refusing to acknowledge the extra issues outlined considering these are fans of a club where his role would be similar to the one he’d have with us. 

Despite this, early signs are fairly promising, although I’m still skeptical of his intentions. 

No one for being funny here but what does the fact he had an affair have to do with him taking an interest in our club he hasn't had a string of failed businesses, hasn't been up on any sexual harassment charges and doesn't own a cab firm or diddled some women out her pub.  i really dont know what we expect as owners but if they run the club right then who actually gives a shite .

it doesnt have Vladimir Romanov over it, they wont have a majority shareholding and doesnt seem to have a Brooks Mileson written all over it so in this case there doesnt seem to be anything that could embarrass the club  or any worse than last year.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Do we all really think that after the MC fiasco, there hasn’t been very critical due diligence done on these people who are prepared to heavily invest ? For me I genuinely believe that there’s been a hellava lot of hard work behind the scenes to get these guys on board. Maybe we’ve lost total trust by the recent events at the club & MC, however let’s give the new investors and the new set up a bloody chance. Lastly everyone will have skeletons and as long as it doesn’t conflict with his business prowess, I couldn’t give a shite if he’s onto his forth wife... 

Is your question “do people really think the current board have not done their due diligence on this man?”

Really?! Are people’s memories 4 months old?! They almost sold our fucking club to the charlatan 12 months ago, paid compensation for Ray fucking McKinnon when we have a lawyer on the board, ETC ETC ETC. Why would I trust them to do anything?! 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Another comment on that Reddit thread posted by bairn in exile. Comments such as “needs to be removed from the board” are worrying. Let’s hope the board haven’t fallen into the exact same trap as a year ago. 

6414AE49-5D1F-48FA-95BF-59CDC8A3CCA0.png

Wow. He shut down Facebook!!

26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Do we all really think that after the MC fiasco, there hasn’t been very critical due diligence done on these people who are prepared to heavily invest ? For me I genuinely believe that there’s been a hellava lot of hard work behind the scenes to get these guys on board. Maybe we’ve lost total trust by the recent events at the club & MC, however let’s give the new investors and the new set up a bloody chance. Lastly everyone will have skeletons and as long as it doesn’t conflict with his business prowess, I couldn’t give a shite if he’s onto his forth wife... 

Considering GD lead the due diligence on MC, yes i think it's possible.

I naively thought to myself, perhaps some good news at last for Falkirk, I’ll pop onto P&B and see something positive for a change.

How wrong could I be. 

So far I can gather if the guys had an affair, and it must be true cos a random put it on Reddit, then we should ignore his past business successes because he must be like Mark Campbell !!

Jesus Fucking Wept !!

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think Deans' statement is very good (and I didn't care for his previous efforts), he's saying the right things and the ideas are sound.

I strongly agree that a full fan ownership model does not work ultimately, but an increase in fan shareholding with additional external investment is right for us - oh and the dilution of the MSG's stake or indeed dissolving of it altogether.  

Things are finally starting to fall into place, we just need to get out of this hellish league now.

What would help early on is an in depth business plan from the new set up. Not just froth about Premier League status, words are cheap and we have heard them before. It would be a case of  - Aye Right !

McCann from Celtic type up front statement calling it as it is. What they want out it and what they are prepared to put in to achieve it within a set time line. Exit strategy as they will not be there in 15 or so years time. Their motive is to make money when they leave. That will be done with commercial success and year on year profits making FFC a desirable business to own. Honesty on this will get the goodwill required, just spare us the bullshit !

Including year by year KPI's to ensure the club are on track with - Youth policy - Expanding commercial activities - Community involvement - Ownership of the stadium outright to name but a few.

33 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Considering GD lead the due diligence on MC, yes i think it's possible.

The due diligence didn't take place till after the MSG (sorry can i say that seeing as they no longer exist)  wheeled out Kenny Rogers/Santa as preferred bidder if the due diligence wasn't done right  we would have MC as owner so in a sense GD done his homework on him hence the reason it fell on its arse,  its the rest that were creaming themselves (namely superman) over the tribute act and his plans

Am not defending GD here am just saying it as i see it

Edited by AL-FFC