The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Todd's not been playing wide left? It's easily his best and most effective position. He played an entire season wide left for us and it was probably the most productive of his career.

In the few games he did play for us last season he was in the middle of the park. Just before Covid he wasn't even in the squad so must have been injured or not up to full fitness. He didn't look to have the pace to play out wide in the games I saw him but as mentioned that was only a few.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

At least it seems they've learned one lesson from the Kenny Rogers debacle and waited until everything was signed and sealed before announcing.

I thought that too but BBC website is reporting they have agreed in principle. I pray everything is done and dusted but it's Falkirk and I always fear the worst.

This bit gets me

"We also know that we need to create a new youth system that allows us to find, develop and give young players the opportunity to play in our first team"

If only we had some sort of academy to find and bring through players and/or sell on .....oh wait we did.

"remove all references to the Major Shareholders Group (MSG).  The latter point was done at the request of the MSG"

So all of the problems of the past caused by the MSG dont exist as we dont have an MSG so they couldnt have caused the problems though there is the bit of Irony we want the MSG use removed put forward by the MSG..lol

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Not going to get too excited about this until everything is signed/sealed, hope to god it is true and they are decent, honest folk with no ulterior motives.

Falkirk FC does have the potential to be a top flight Scottish football club,  the fanbase is there but let's be honest that same fanbase has had more kicks in the chuckies than any other in Scotland and the fear is always there that this could be another.

FFBF25D7-1D06-4B9B-B974-11ADE50BB073.gif

Found this about Phil Rawlins on Reddit, dated 2017. Wonder if he'll drop us the same if and when he does join us? And take up with Scumfermline?

"Now that he has left the state, I don't see any harm in sharing what I know.

The guy had been cheating on Kay for months. His new (future) wife was cheating on her husband too. I think she is still married to him. (Don't quote me on that part) Not going to repeat her name here.

Part of the internal mess is that Phil had been USING people at the club to help facilitate his affair (unbeknownst to them). People who were friends with or even worked alongside his wife, Kay. (To be clear, Kay worked with and still works with the team through all of this and has show nothing but class.) I don't want to get into details here but it involves making sure the mistress was at all possible team events and even brought places where the team/Phil was. Completely inappropriate behavior, ESPECIALLY when you wife is a co-worker.

Phil left his family like ripping a bandaid off your arm. Just woke up one morning and announced he was gone. That same day, or maybe a day later, walked into the building and quit on the spot. No notice, no heads up, nothing. Some people here thought it was a prank until the next day.

Not even a week later he is moved out of his home and has moved in with his new woman in a downtown Apartment. Basically left his whole family and this whole organization in shock."

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

If this goes thru, the ownership structure is going to be completely different, with Gow, The Yanks and more fan shareholding and with the MSG basically being disbanded I think it's a compromise that could work for everybody, it gives me more confidence in the process when the people who are investing have been involved in football for a while rather than just some pervert taxi driver.

Correction : some pervert taxi driving estate agent with a coffee van (who likes Keane).

I think Deans' statement is very good (and I didn't care for his previous efforts), he's saying the right things and the ideas are sound.

I strongly agree that a full fan ownership model does not work ultimately, but an increase in fan shareholding with additional external investment is right for us - oh and the dilution of the MSG's stake or indeed dissolving of it altogether.  

Things are finally starting to fall into place, we just need to get out of this hellish league now.

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Found this about Phil Rawlins on Reddit, dated 2017. Wonder if he'll drop us the same if and when he does join us? And take up with Scumfermline?

"Now that he has left the state, I don't see any harm in sharing what I know.

The guy had been cheating on Kay for months. His new (future) wife was cheating on her husband too. I think she is still married to him. (Don't quote me on that part) Not going to repeat her name here.

Part of the internal mess is that Phil had been USING people at the club to help facilitate his affair (unbeknownst to them). People who were friends with or even worked alongside his wife, Kay. (To be clear, Kay worked with and still works with the team through all of this and has show nothing but class.) I don't want to get into details here but it involves making sure the mistress was at all possible team events and even brought places where the team/Phil was. Completely inappropriate behavior, ESPECIALLY when you wife is a co-worker.

Phil left his family like ripping a bandaid off your arm. Just woke up one morning and announced he was gone. That same day, or maybe a day later, walked into the building and quit on the spot. No notice, no heads up, nothing. Some people here thought it was a prank until the next day.

Not even a week later he is moved out of his home and has moved in with his new woman in a downtown Apartment. Basically left his whole family and this whole organization in shock."

Jeez, only a couple of hours after the announcement and here we go again.  The campaign to rip to shreds anything that might provide al great opportunity for Falkirk.  Yes it's healthy to be naturally sceptical, nothing much good happens to our team right enough, but this guy seems to be 100 times more legit than Kenny Rogers ever was.   If you go looking for anything negative ever said about any given person you will find it, that includes about you and about me, specially when it comes to relationships.  Calm down, The world is not flat, yes we did go to the moon and Covid is real.

22 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Jeez, only a couple of hours after the announcement and here we go again.  The campaign to rip to shreds anything that might provide al great opportunity for Falkirk.  Yes it's healthy to be naturally sceptical, nothing much good happens to our team right enough, but this guy seems to be 100 times more legit than Kenny Rogers ever was.   If you go looking for anything negative ever said about any given person you will find it, that includes about you and about me, specially when it comes to relationships.  Calm down, The world is not flat, yes we did go to the moon and Covid is real.

It was genuinely only the skeptical attitude of people like bairn in exile which made the board u-turn on Kenny Rodgers. Important to remember that. 

This guy seems a bit more credible but it is still incredibly important we all ask “why” he is interested in us and not given a free ride.

image.png.98e428eb0fff8a49927f346bda3106ca.png
I don't fucking think so. If something sounds too good to be true then it usually is.
I don't really think it sounds 'too good to be true'. Seems like a diligent, measured shift in ownership, but it's just one step in a long trek, as opposed to last year's fiasco which was meant to be a fix-all solution

Don't think we'll see any immediate benefits, but it seems positive whichever way you spin it

28 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Merely putting the info re: his past and character out there for people to make their own minds up.

I joke with people when they ask what team I support (I don't live in Falkirk).  I tell them being a Falkirk supporter has taught me to lower my expectations in life and learn how to cope with pain and disappointment and to be satisfied with the odd day of happiness every couple of years.   I guess that's more true than I was letting on.   Let's face it it's bloody hard being a bairn.  With that in mind the light at the of the tunnel is usually a train coming to run us over, but maybe, just maybe this time it could be the beginning of escaping that tunnel at last.