The Falkirk FC Thread

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-castore-meet-10-random-22650983

Once I stopped laughing at Sevco over their much heralded swanky new kit supplier turning to an utter clusterfook, I got to thinking would it not be an idea to have a FFC supporters focus group working with our club on next season's kit design to avoid the horrific mess of a home top we've been served up this year.

We are after all their only customer and target audience.  

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-castore-meet-10-random-22650983
Once I stopped laughing at Sevco over their much heralded swanky new kit supplier turning to an utter clusterfook, I got to thinking would it not be an idea to have a FFC supporters focus group working with our club on next season's kit design to avoid the horrific mess of a home top we've been served up this year.
We are after all their only customer and target audience.  

The fans can’t agree on a centre half for less a strip design.

11 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

If it keeps us from having to bring Telfer off the bench i'm more than happy. Also means Todd/Alston/Leitch don't have to be shoehorned out wide if Morrison or Connolly get injured or are having a stinker. There's only 27 games this season so we don't have room to get it wrong. That's not me advocating us overspending but I don't imagine he'll be much if the likes of Morton and Raith are also in for him.

Todd's not been playing wide left? It's easily his best and most effective position. He played an entire season wide left for us and it was probably the most productive of his career.

Wow, that’s some statement from Gary.

lots to digest there and it probably raises more questions than answers but I feel we’re on the right road.

Well done to Gary Deans.

At least there will be something interesting to talk about rather than the usual retrospective musings which tend to get so very boring.

Not sure what to make of it either.

Always believed that some sort of fan ownership is the answer for clubs our size, especially if it can bring in a regular income stream. 

External investment always sounds great but after the utter shambles of Mark Campbell last year it's difficult to take anything at face value.

So the plan seems to be to have a blended minority model of fans, current shareholders and external investors? With all references to the MSG being removed?

I’ll say this for the Chairman he talks a good game.
After last summer’s debacle it’s obviously the wise thing to keep the heid and not get carried away but at least the potential investors have a verifiable track record in football.
We live in interesting times!

5 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

well... $$$.  For a start, copying the Orlando templates for next season's strip wouldn't be a bad idea.  And I reckon getting that chap to play one last season with us would be nice.  

81X0JfP1PwL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

j3106.jpg

NGW_6412.jpg

It's the pre season tour next year I'm looking forward to. Might even put ceske to shame.

If this goes thru, the ownership structure is going to be completely different, with Gow, The Yanks and more fan shareholding and with the MSG basically being disbanded I think it's a compromise that could work for everybody, it gives me more confidence in the process when the people who are investing have been involved in football for a while rather than just some pervert taxi driver.

Not going to get too excited about this until everything is signed/sealed, hope to god it is true and they are decent, honest folk with no ulterior motives.

Falkirk FC does have the potential to be a top flight Scottish football club,  the fanbase is there but let's be honest that same fanbase has had more kicks in the chuckies than any other in Scotland and the fear is always there that this could be another.

Edited by Harry Kinnear