The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Turner and O’Hara? Disagree, but certainly wouldn’t want him back for any team as his long term success is nil too.

Turner had been signed (by Hartley) and subsequently punted long before the 2019 window was a thing. You think Kevin O'Hara - it is him you are referring to, I assume - was signed by McKinnon in the January 2019 transfer window ??!! 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄. Absolutely no further confirmation that you are talking complete nonsense is required.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Turner had been signed (by Hartley) and subsequently punted long before the 2019 window was a thing. You think Kevin O'Hara - it is him you are referring to, I assume - was signed by McKinnon in the January 2019 transfer window ??!! 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄. Absolutely no further confirmation that you are talking complete nonsense is required.

I checked again, and you are absolutely correct on Turner, sorry. O’Hara was recalled early from Stennie by Ray, so that was certainly a decision Ray made in his flailing about to try to salvage things. Regardless, we both can agree that Ray at QP should provide entertainment much better than when he was at TFS or SP.

Jack Baird released by St Mirren. , Would he do as the other defender or as much of a haddy as Buchanan? Pretty sure he got sent off against us once for punching someone. 

Much better than Buchanan, not that’s its saying much. He’ll end up in the Championship but I’d take him.

It was BSLM that he punched to get sent off.

Much better than Buchanan, not that’s its saying much. He’ll end up in the Championship but I’d take him.

Can mind Div insisting that Miller had bit Baird, and subsequently getting absolutely rinsed in the match thread by a succession of Falkirk fans. They were better times.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, Russ said:

Can mind Div insisting that Miller had bit Baird, and subsequently getting absolutely rinsed in the match thread by a succession of Falkirk fans. They were better times.

Yes, that was funny. Posting stills where LM's teeth were in a neighbouring postcode to Baird was a highlight.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, Russ said:

I posted about that incident after St Mirren fans tried to defend a horror tackle last week, first reply was “BUT HE BIT HIM” good to see they are still running with that all these years later.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, Russ said:

Those were the days

On 03/09/2020 at 13:48, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Can I add Central Park Cowdenbeath to this list? I remember a November midweek game, dark, freezing, blowing a gale, horizontal rain... crouched down against the back wall, wiping the rain out my eyes; peering out across the shale terracing, the wire fence, the race track, the grey grass behind the goal, to a half-lit mud-bath pitch - thinking WTactualF are we doing here.  Took 24 hours to thaw out afterwards.  Happy days. 

Shawfield Clyde's old ground was like that with the greyhound track around it. One of these places you remember in black and white. It was taking dreary to an art form !

On 03/09/2020 at 11:38, HopeStreetWalker said:

Gayfield Ha ! that's a mild breeze compared to Links Park but I do take your point !

Point taken also . I did have more visits to Arbroath over the last 10 years whereas it was almost 30 years from my first visit to Links Park , resuming 2 seasons ago. Just finished suffering the Scotland game-please bring back some real crowds.