The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Messi Scott said:

Don’t kid yourself on, he was obviously offered a better deal at queens park. He turned you lot down to play for a league 2 side. Moving to QoS or queens park is a step down from Falkirk.  

Lots of players now playing lower level football cause these clubs are paying silly money... You want Championship football you play in the Championship regardless of money... Sure most players would rather be playing at Queens than league 1 or 2 if the same money was offered..  Never mind the Queens players will enjoy a trip to Tynecastle while Falkirk players wil be heading to Links Park again.. 😉

6 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Lots of players now playing lower level football cause these clubs are paying silly money... You want Championship football you play in the Championship regardless of money... Sure most players would rather be playing at Queens than league 1 or 2 if the same money was offered..  Never mind the Queens players will enjoy a trip to Tynecastle while Falkirk players wil be heading to Links Park again.. 😉

I'd enjoy it while you can. I've got you lot and Raith as favourites to  come down. So you will be heading to Links Park soon enough. Your only saving grace is if you can get a tune out of Dobbie to save you. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd enjoy it while you can. I've got you lot and Raith as favourites to  come down. So you will be heading to Links Park soon enough. Your only saving grace is if you can get a tune out of Dobbie to save you. 

We'll be heading to Links Park because YOU have us as favourites for the drop? :Lol: 

29 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I’ll actually be having away trips to Tynecastle as well this year. But you lot are definitely favourites to go down, the signings you’ve made are laughably bad. 

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, BountyBairn said:
To clarify slightly what I meant, as my sarcasms clearly wasn’t pointed enough - he can sign a good team on paper but has no idea how to actually manage a team to perform. 

let’s be honest - he got the gig with us on the strength of a good couple of games for morten. He was honking at Raith and United. Both of which we had good results over whilst he was in charge. 

He wasnt honking at Raith. He got them to the playoffs and it was the style of his Raith team post January that maybe gave some hope he could do a job.

The reality of Ray is he was a 43% winner at Brechin, 53% at Raith, 51% at Dundee and 50% at Morton. He joined Falkirk, when he plummeted to 30%...then a QP he’s back up around 54%. To me, that screams that Ray was completely incapable of adjusting his style to a fight to avoid relegation and then a battle to win League One. The Raith team Ray coached suited his style, the Falkirk team he assembled was a Frankenstein monster of players with skills that simply didn’t mesh or fit Ray's schemes.

Falkirk got absolutely screwed on Ray’s selection simply because the BoD, in its infinite wisdom, felt that he would have what the team needed without considering that Ray’s two successful stints were hires that allowed him to fully control the team he would play the season with. That that was an error was made clear as he flailed through a relegation season with another managers players and then managed to f*** up the rebuild for League One completely. The fact that M&M damn near pulled out a league win with mostly the same players just shows how out of his depth Ray was.

The real fun will be if QP move up to League One and still have Ray in charge, what will he have learned?

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Aye, Queens players will be heading to Tynecastle, seriously doubt that they'll enjoy it though!

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Falkirk got absolutely screwed on Ray’s selection simply because the BoD, in its infinite wisdom, felt that he would have what the team needed without considering that Ray’s two successful stints were hires that allowed him to fully control the team he would play the season with

McKinnon had, by a mile, the largest budget in the division and used it to bring in most of the same crew he drags around to every club. So in what way did he not "fully control the team he would play the season with"? You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

You lot are favourites to go down in anyone’s book haha. The signings you’ve made are full of Falkirk rejects.
Well no, Alloa are favourites to go down. I'm glad our signings have upset you so much to the point you're completely obsessed by them.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
You lot are favourites to go down in anyone’s book haha. The signings you’ve made are full of Falkirk rejects.

Well no, Alloa are favourites to go down. I'm glad our signings have upset you so much to the point you're completely obsessed by them.

Just to be clear Messi Scott is supposedly a Raith fan so take your "I've got the biggest willy" contest off our thread please. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They’ll be upsetting you a lot more come May haha

The reality of Ray is he was a 43% winner at Brechin, 53% at Raith, 51% at Dundee and 50% at Morton. He joined Falkirk, when he plummeted to 30%...then a QP he’s back up around 54%. To me, that screams that Ray was completely incapable of adjusting his style to a fight to avoid relegation and then a battle to win League One. The Raith team Ray coached suited his style, the Falkirk team he assembled was a Frankenstein monster of players with skills that simply didn’t mesh or fit Ray's schemes.
Falkirk got absolutely screwed on Ray’s selection simply because the BoD, in its infinite wisdom, felt that he would have what the team needed without considering that Ray’s two successful stints were hires that allowed him to fully control the team he would play the season with. That that was an error was made clear as he flailed through a relegation season with another managers players and then managed to f*** up the rebuild for League One completely. The fact that M&M damn near pulled out a league win with mostly the same players just shows how out of his depth Ray was.
The real fun will be if QP move up to League One and still have Ray in charge, what will he have learned?
In other words, he's a passable manager until there's expectations on him

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

McKinnon had, by a mile, the largest budget in the division and used it to bring in most of the same crew he drags around to every club. So in what way did he not "fully control the team he would play the season with"? You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

You’ve conflated the seasons and comments. In the 18-19 season he was working with what the team had, and a few changes, and muffed it badly because they weren’t his type of players for his scheme. In the 19-20 season he was in control from the start, and brought in “his crew”...and then proceeded to prove he had no idea how to compete effectively in League One because he was so incapable of getting performances out of his players. As I said, QP spending in League One next year with Ray in charge, that might well be a sight to see and laugh at.

Let’s be honest here. McKinnon would gladly take this entire season being scrapped. He would be off to LinkedIn spouting on about how he put a team of Invincibles together, and cruised through the entire campaign not losing a single game and not conceding a single goal.

Lots of players now playing lower level football cause these clubs are paying silly money... You want Championship football you play in the Championship regardless of money... Sure most players would rather be playing at Queens than league 1 or 2 if the same money was offered..  Never mind the Queens players will enjoy a trip to Tynecastle while Falkirk players wil be heading to Links Park again.. [emoji6]
What's wrong with Links Park?[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
15 hours ago, BountyBairn said:
To clarify slightly what I meant, as my sarcasms clearly wasn’t pointed enough - he can sign a good team on paper but has no idea how to actually manage a team to perform. 

let’s be honest - he got the gig with us on the strength of a good couple of games for morten. He was honking at Raith and United. Both of which we had good results over whilst he was in charge. 

He wasnt honking at Raith. He got them to the playoffs and it was the style of his Raith team post January that maybe gave some hope he could do a job.

He was honking at raith, lucky late transfer window and it was late as nearly Feb hoofing long balls to Jon Daly and doing f**k all...sound familiar...nah the Raith fans were repeating their crys that long balls to Daly were pointless tho some have him as a messiah doing a good job Feb owards.......football fans are very selective

10 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

Don’t kid yourself on, he was obviously offered a better deal at queens park. He turned you lot down to play for a league 2 side. Moving to QoS or queens park is a step down from Falkirk.  

He was on his was to East something or other non league in the wilderness

8 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Location is a factor but QoS are a club that has no progression aims in the scottish game, they are happy being championship and losing money

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

I have deleted the yawn factor from your post

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Roll on the diddy cup games, might give us a platform for some decent banter. The past couple of pages of complete shite principally on an utter excuse of a manager...... 

Definitely. Hopefully we will have a few friendlies this month that can be shown on Ftv to look forward to. Any rumours of ins or outs at the club? Anyone stupid enough to take Sammon off our hands yet?

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

Haha inject the rent free seethe right into my veins :1eye