The Falkirk FC Thread

All very well signing players - Ray is actually not bad at that, getting them to play on the pitch is a different matter! 

Mustapha Dumbuya
Abdul Osman
Ross MacLean
Ian McShane
Aaron Jarvis
Mark Waddington
Cammy Bell
Gregor Buchanan
Denny Johnstone
Michael Tidser
David McMillan
Conor Sammon
Charlie Telfer
Lewis Moore

A list of some of the shite he signed for us. Sure there were some success stories but more shite than good that would suggest he’s really not good at signing players at all. His scouting network consists of players he’s managed before or players who have played at his former teams.

If you look at his signings at Queens Park he’s managed all but 2 before. Lee Kilday who left Morton just before he was appointed and Craig Slater who signed for Dundee Utd just a few months after he left there.

He’s a horrendous manager that has no idea at all how to build a properly balanced squad and instead just signs names he’s heard of and expects it to work.

Ray is a bad manager. He brings in players without any system in mind and hopes it will come together. Granted he will probably win the league this season, but he's a very bad manager with no strategy of play and uses an assistant who was on a C liscence course about 9 months ago. If queens park want to progress through the leagues he won't do.

29 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

1500 + STs now sold with over 50% taking full price option. With a full seven weeks to the league kick off, it’s likely that 1800 - 2000 wouldn’t be far off the mark.  Personally I think that these numbers are remarkable during these uncharted times. We have no idea when we will be allowed back, and with today’s news of outbreaks throughout the Glasgow districts, I get this horrible feeling that once we regular test all players throughout the lower leagues, we will have some grave issues. 

Agree. To be honest, even if it doesn't climb higher than 1500 that's still pretty impressive given the uncertainties (or worse, unwelcome certainties) that will be affecting a lot of people's jobs etc. Even for those of us that might be lucky enough to have good job security there a) currently looks to be only a pretty slim chance of getting to actually attend a match any time soon, if at all and b) is a considerable risk that the season may come to a crashing halt at any time. Shelling out on a season ticket may turn out to be no more than an exercise in futility but it is heartening to see so many people doing so, knowing that to be the case, hopefully in order to see the club through things.      

5 hours ago, Maverick_- said:

Ray is a bad manager. He brings in players without any system in mind and hopes it will come together. Granted he will probably win the league this season, but he's a very bad manager with no strategy of play and uses an assistant who was on a C liscence course about 9 months ago. If queens park want to progress through the leagues he won't do.

I think Ray is more of a person who is convinced that come hell or high water his idea for play is the best, and is simply unwilling to adapt his planning, strategy and tactics to his players or competition. It’s his blindness to the fact that he cannot simply mash a decent player into the mold of his choice and have him pop out ideally suited to his plans. Given what happened when M&M took over midseason, it’s clear that Ray cannot maximize a team’s potential unless the team and league itself is suited to his vision. QP could steamroll the league, or it could all come apart in messy fashion.

I think Ray is more of a person who is convinced that come hell or high water his idea for play is the best, and is simply unwilling to adapt his planning, strategy and tactics to his players or competition. It’s his blindness to the fact that he cannot simply mash a decent player into the mold of his choice and have him pop out ideally suited to his plans. Given what happened when M&M took over midseason, it’s clear that Ray cannot maximize a team’s potential unless the team and league itself is suited to his vision. QP could steamroll the league, or it could all come apart in messy fashion.

Initially I was happy with the appointment of McKinnon but it didn’t take long for the doubts to creep in.

By the time he was on a shoogly peg it was blatantly obvious that he was a coward of a manager, utterly unwilling or unable to take any sort of bold decision.

It was safety first, last and always which of course was a tactic that got us relegated.

37 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Initially I was happy with the appointment of McKinnon but it didn’t take long for the doubts to creep in.

By the time he was on a shoogly peg it was blatantly obvious that he was a coward of a manager, utterly unwilling or unable to take any sort of bold decision.

It was safety first, last and always which of course was a tactic that got us relegated.

With the squad that he's building I think he'll find it very difficult not to win the league. Surely to Christ he can't adopt a safety first policy with those players in that league? Would be funny as f**k if he did and didn't win it though!

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, think if we can attend any games before new year is at best wishful thinking. From this site fans are reporting ST sales - Raith around 1000, Ayr 400. Dundee stopped their sales last month, reporting very low numbers, sure there will be  many clubs revising already reduced/revisedbudgets. Not sure how teams will be able to function without the people attending games, hospitality’s etc.....

Not many can , if any outside the Premiership. We are in the lap of the Gods with the pandemic and also to an extent the Scottish Gov.

The approach by the Scot Gov seems a bit over cautious given the low number of cases in Scotland, I am not sure what they can learn from allowing 750 rugby fans into a 60,000 capacity stadium - how is that not going to be anything other safe and distanced.   

I saw Brighton had 2,500 in their stadium with no issues - seems a more sensible number to start with.

Incidentally in Australia they have had fans in stadiums for a few months now - apart from in Melbourne where they have a serious outbreak. They quickly got up to 10,000 allowed in and now the AFL Grand Final which has been moved to The Gabba in Queensland will have 30,000 in.  

I think that Jason Leitch needs get off the radio for 5 mins and get together with his government buddies to allow Scottish football to put in place a quick, sensible & safe return for fans before the clubs start going out of business.   

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Not many can , if any outside the Premiership. We are in the lap of the Gods with the pandemic and also to an extent the Scottish Gov.

The approach by the Scot Gov seems a bit over cautious given the low number of cases in Scotland, I am not sure what they can learn from allowing 750 rugby fans into a 60,000 capacity stadium - how is that not going to be anything other safe and distanced.   

I saw Brighton had 2,500 in their stadium with no issues - seems a more sensible number to start with.

Incidentally in Australia they have had fans in stadiums for a few months now - apart from in Melbourne where they have a serious outbreak. They quickly got up to 10,000 allowed in and now the AFL Grand Final which has been moved to The Gabba in Queensland will have 30,000 in.  

I think that Jason Leitch needs get off the radio for 5 mins and get together with his government buddies to allow Scottish football to put in place a quick, sensible & safe return for fans before the clubs start going out of business.   

At last, some common sense and it comes from Australia.

Imagine how many tickets we might sell if we were actually any good?
Would be 3 or 4k tops, because our town would still be full of arse cheek armchair fans who go way over the top with their unexplained "I HATE FAWKIRK" patter in order to try and justify their arse cheek armchair status.

Twas ever thus.

20 hours ago, Russ said:

Mustapha Dumbuya
Abdul Osman
Ross MacLean
Ian McShane
Aaron Jarvis
Mark Waddington
Cammy Bell
Gregor Buchanan
Denny Johnstone
Michael Tidser
David McMillan
Conor Sammon
Charlie Telfer
Lewis Moore

A list of some of the shite he signed for us. Sure there were some success stories but more shite than good that would suggest he’s really not good at signing players at all. His scouting network consists of players he’s managed before or players who have played at his former teams.

If you look at his signings at Queens Park he’s managed all but 2 before. Lee Kilday who left Morton just before he was appointed and Craig Slater who signed for Dundee Utd just a few months after he left there.

He’s a horrendous manager that has no idea at all how to build a properly balanced squad and instead just signs names he’s heard of and expects it to work.

To clarify slightly what I meant, as my sarcasms clearly wasn’t pointed enough - he can sign a good team on paper but has no idea how to actually manage a team to perform. 

let’s be honest - he got the gig with us on the strength of a good couple of games for morten. He was honking at Raith and United. Both of which we had good results over whilst he was in charge. 

To clarify slightly what I meant, as my sarcasms clearly wasn’t pointed enough - he can sign a good team on paper but has no idea how to actually manage a team to perform. 

let’s be honest - he got the gig with us on the strength of a good couple of games for morten. He was honking at Raith and United. Both of which we had good results over whilst he was in charge. 
He wasnt honking at Raith. He got them to the playoffs and it was the style of his Raith team post January that maybe gave some hope he could do a job.

Said it before, will say it again. With QP he has been given time and money to effectively overwhelm L2.

With us, money wasn’t the be all and end all.......he had to have some decent qualities as a manager, but he didn’t. We played 11 games against sides he had previously managed. We didn’t win a single game.

The only stat he referred to was “games unbeaten”. Not titles won, not games won......just how many games he didn’t lose. A truly awful manager, a fake of the highest order.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

He wasnt honking at Raith. He got them to the playoffs and it was the style of his Raith team post January that maybe gave some hope he could do a job.

From what I’ve heard if you swapped ‘honking’ to ‘reeking’ you’d be closer to the point 😉.

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

From what I’ve heard if you swapped ‘honking’ to ‘reeking’ you’d be closer to the point 😉.

If you're suggesting that Ray's personal hygiene is somewhat questionable then I think you're being very unfair on the smelly b*****d!

On 31/08/2020 at 19:27, Messi Scott said:

Sounds like longridge turned down QoS for Queen’s Park. Quite funny tbh

Longbridge another player going from Championship to league 1 to league 2! QoS already have Aiden Fitzpatrick thanks very much....  Certainly know who ad rather have not loius the journeyman... 

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Longbridge another player going from Championship to league 1 to league 2! QoS already have Aiden Fitzpatrick thanks very much....  Certainly know who ad rather have not loius the journeyman... 

Don’t kid yourself on, he was obviously offered a better deal at queens park. He turned you lot down to play for a league 2 side. Moving to QoS or queens park is a step down from Falkirk.