The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Same with Yogi

An absolute colossal at the back for us and total hero as a player, but remembered not fondly by many as a manager. 

I've always been dead against former players coming back as managers because it usually ends badly.  I cringe when people used to shout for Latapy or Stainrod for manager.    

Yes ! Prentice - Miller - Hughes it would be nice for a bit of perspective and rehabilitation remembering what they did on the pitch rather than from the dugout !

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Are any of the MSG selling their shares, or is this more window dressing to try and sell season tickets?

GD did say they are looking to reduce their holding on the club with a share issue to be released by the end of the year.  dare say more will come out at the AGM next month

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes ! Prentice - Miller - Hughes it would be nice for a bit of perspective and rehabilitation remembering what they did on the pitch rather than from the dugout !

Yogi was a better manager for Falkirk than he was a player. It baffles me that anyone can have watched us for the last decade and not see how incredible a job he did.

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yogi was a better manager for Falkirk than he was a player. It baffles me that anyone can have watched us for the last decade and not see how incredible a job he did.

I think it was the end of his managerial time with us and his whoring himself to every club down south not to mention his ego that folk dont acknowledge his achievements as manager not to mention the  "the next level" and dads army which had they been at their prime would have been a brilliant team 

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Hughes did a great job and it's been a decade of decline since he left so difficult not to appreciate the work he did.

He does have a track record of leaving clubs with expensive duds they can't easily get rid of but a strong board should have stopped him doing that. Any manager is going to try and get the best players they can with the money made available.

He's not the most likable character and the amount he praises himself makes people (including myself) feel like they need to point out his inadequacies. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Are any of the MSG selling their shares, or is this more window dressing to try and sell season tickets?

Unfortunately the MSG don’t need to try very hard. 1,400 soft c*nts have already fallen over themselves to sign up for more of the same. Alexander and Ritchie will be holding their bellies with laughter.

Lex leaving means another small step in the right direction, with him and Thomson gone it can only be a good thing. The main culprits of course are still at the helm and until they dilute or bail will continue to call the shots. Time will catch up with them eventually but the biggest worry is their parting shot, when they could possibly sell to some undesirables. They've already proved that's possible.

27 minutes ago, JB22 said:

My house looks down onto lesser Hampden. Louis Longridge and Tommy Robson out there training with them as we speak. It’s basically a squad full of our rejects.

Longridge has been one of our best performers in the last few years and to be honest I'd much rather have him this season than Telfer.  The only valid reason I can think of for keeping Telfer and not Longridge is that Longridge was on a much bigger wage that M&M felt was better placed elsewhere.

77F85015-5BAB-4F53-B1D6-1FCBE53FECB1.png

48 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Lex leaving means another small step in the right direction, with him and Thomson gone it can only be a good thing. The main culprits of course are still at the helm and until they dilute or bail will continue to call the shots. Time will catch up with them eventually but the biggest worry is their parting shot, when they could possibly sell to some undesirables. They've already proved that's possible.

Sandy will still be a big part of FFC for many years after he sells his shares unless someone pays him the near £2M we still owe for the stand.

Personally I would rather leave that debt as it is and if you have a spare £2M spend it on a 4th stand or the team

This is all good news Falkirk FC.  The new consortium backing Gow have a first class record of delivering.  The future is at long last very bright for our club.  Miller gone, others to follow as we start a new dawn.  Gow has a vision and strategic plan to completely overhaul the club and with financial backing this is the complete package.  

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I think it was the end of his managerial time with us and his whoring himself to every club down south not to mention his ego that folk dont acknowledge his achievements as manager not to mention the  "the next level" and dads army which had they been at their prime would have been a brilliant team 

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Hughes did a great job and it's been a decade of decline since he left so difficult not to appreciate the work he did.

He does have a track record of leaving clubs with expensive duds they can't easily get rid of but a strong board should have stopped him doing that. Any manager is going to try and get the best players they can with the money made available.

He's not the most likable character and the amount he praises himself makes people (including myself) feel like they need to point out his inadequacies. 

Let me take a look at the last 20 years in Scotland.

Livingston - Won the League cup 2004, Won the challenge cup 2015, Won the 1st Division 2001 Finished 3rd in the SPL 2002

Inverness - Won the Scottish Cup 2015, Won the 1st Division 2004 and 2010, Won the challenge cup 2004 and 2018, Finished 3rd in the SPL 2015 and 2 more top 6 finishes

Ross County - Won the 1st Division 2012 and 2019, Won the League cup 2016, Won the Challenge cup 2007, 2011 and 2019, Finished top 6 in the SPL 2013 and 2016

St Johnstone - Won the Scottish cup 2014, Won the 1st Division 2009, Won the Challenge cup 2008, Finished top 6 in the premier League 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 including 3rd 2013

Falkirk - Won the 1st Division 2003 ( not promoted) 2005, Won the Challenge cup 2004 and 2012.

4 far smaller clubs than us who are kicking our arse up and down the park with recent success and our fans are so pitiful we class 7th as a triumph.

I fucking despair at what a sad sack club we must be

11 minutes ago, firstclassbairn said:

This is all good news Falkirk FC.  The new consortium backing Gow have a first class record of delivering.  The future is at long last very bright for our club.  Miller gone, others to follow as we start a new dawn.  Gow has a vision and strategic plan to completely overhaul the club and with financial backing this is the complete package.  

Who is in the consortium?

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes, I agree.  To me, a former favourite player returning to be a poor manager does nothing to erase the fantastic memories of their playing days.  George Miller remains one of my favourite players of the past 50 years.  Yogi still remains a top Bairn for his time on the park.  If Crunchie were to take a position back at the club and made a complete arse of it, he would still be forever one of the best Bairns in our entire history.   

14 minutes ago, firstclassbairn said:

Hiya Alan, Hiya pal!