The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, firstclassbairn said:

This is all good news Falkirk FC.  The new consortium backing Gow have a first class record of delivering.  The future is at long last very bright for our club.  Miller gone, others to follow as we start a new dawn.  Gow has a vision and strategic plan to completely overhaul the club and with financial backing this is the complete package.  

Gary I'm not buying a season ticket till the MSG are no longer in power.

Edited by Marshmallo

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Yogi was a better manager for Falkirk than he was a player. It baffles me that anyone can have watched us for the last decade and not see how incredible a job he did.

Like Houston both of them are remembered for the end of their time rather than the thrills in the early days of their stewardship.

On 31/07/2020 at 11:24, bairn88 said:

A week ago when we all thought we’d have a front 3 of Keena, Dowds and Nelson with Alston on the wing, only for us to start the season with Dowds and Sammon with Todd on the right and McKee in the middle with Telfer in the hole   

luis suarez GIF

Hey! We did an alright thing in the end! 

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Like Houston both of them are remembered for the end of their time rather than the thrills in the early days of their stewardship.

Was that when we stayed in the top flight, got to the Scottish Cup Final and qualified for Europe? Or was I in a coma for another year after that?

Really interested to see how M&M have us set up this season, the new signings all point towards a 4-4-2. The transfer chat has went too dry for my liking.

Get rid of Sammon, bring in Ewan Henderson on loan from Celtic and another striker to compete with Dowds and Keena so Miller can then be kept as a last resort instead of our plan B.

Edited by FFC 1876

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Was that when we stayed in the top flight, got to the Scottish Cup Final and qualified for Europe? Or was I in a coma for another year after that?

Stayed in the top flight on the last day of the season, got Europe by default and the Scottish cup highlighted our problems in that we could side pass the ball like no other and not look like scoring. 

Yogi turned the players against the fans in his final season due to a letter that shouldn't have been sent sharing with opinions on said letter was not the opinion of the majority of our fans but all of us suffered. We were left with dad's army highly paid duds, the likes of Bullen and OBrien wages now would cover half our starting 11.

It took 2 seasons to repair the faction between fans and players post Yogi, yes he has been the most successful manager in my time but it wasn't a smooth ride. The general flow was good season followed by bad although his first season was horrific leaving us playing Latapy up front himself was not total football. The first season in top league not winning a home game till the last calendar month. 

6 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The relationship breaking down should 100% be blamed on Bairnstrust and nobody else.

Picking fights when it's not there is a Yogi trait and call it character, any one with a brain could see and read in the press that the letter was not backed by a huge majority of our fan base.

Picking fights when it's not there is a Yogi trait and call it character, any one with a brain could see and read in the press that the letter was not backed by a huge majority of our fan base.

Suited Hughes to take the huff as he was actively looking to bale out by then.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Stayed in the top flight on the last day of the season, got Europe by default and the Scottish cup highlighted our problems in that we could side pass the ball like no other and not look like scoring. 

Right ok. I went to my first game in 1996. Compare every other non-Yogi managed season to that list above and then tell me how much of a failure it was.

"Europe by default" like we won a raffle fs.

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Right ok. I went to my first game in 1996. Compare every other non-Yogi managed season to that list above and then tell me how much of a failure it was.

"Europe by default" like we won a raffle fs.

Houston was pretty unlucky and wouldve won us promotion most other periods but had to compete with hearts, hibs and sevco. Let's face it hughes wouldnt have got us promoted in that era either he was fortunate that he had a season where he had the biggest budget and made the most of it.  Who knows how Houston wouldve got on if we'd got promoted.

49 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Robson signed for Queens Park, please Ray come and get Sammon.

Going by their website they only appear to have one striker, Bob Mchugh as a matter of fact, so surely a big baldy donkey Irish striker is high on Ray's transfer wishlist.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Houston was pretty unlucky and wouldve won us promotion most other periods but had to compete with hearts, hibs and sevco. Let's face it hughes wouldnt have got us promoted in that era either he was fortunate that he had a season where he had the biggest budget and made the most of it.  Who knows how Houston wouldve got on if we'd got promoted.

I'd agree with all of this to be fair.