The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Rocco said:

IMG_4675.jpg

Any idea who this is?

(sigh...)  this'll be the 3rd season running I'll be asking the folks around me that very same question about half the team out on the park.  The extent of our staff turn-over has been mind-numbing; really hoping we can finally start to get stability and longevity back into the squad, and re-build some sort of bond with the players.  M&M really need to be in charge for a prolonged period now; get us up, keep us up, then we can finally start to put this 3-year spell of utter torture behind us.  No pressure, guys, but really wish you well...   

8 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

(sigh...)  this'll be the 3rd season running I'll be asking the folks around me that very same question about half the team out on the park.  The extent of our staff turn-over has been mind-numbing; really hoping we can finally start to get stability and longevity back into the squad, and re-build some sort of bond with the players.  

I know where you're coming from, but most posters seem to take the opposite view judging by the amount of complaints when we keep players they don't rate.  (ie Telfer, Sammon, Durnan and even the likes of O Hara & Watson in Houstons final summer). 

This is the most stable squad we're had for a while. 12 players retained and only 6 arrivals, once of whom is obviously a returnee. 

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know where you're coming from, but most posters seem to take the opposite view judging by the amount of complaints when we keep players they don't rate.  (ie Telfer, Sammon, Durnan and even the likes of O Hara & Watson in Houstons final summer). 

This is the most stable squad we're had for a while. 12 players retained and only 6 arrivals, once of whom is obviously a returnee. 

Stability comes from a core of players that you can see being at the club in 2-3-4 years time. With that comes the chance for younger players to establish themselves and have ready made replacements in place for the core players when they move on. That becomes a cycle and with that long term stability and success.

M&M and Deans to be fair have made noises that that is what is being done - but time will tell.

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I agree with you BB; what I mean is stability going forwards from now on.  Past turnover numbers & why they happened irrelevant;  hopefully the squad assembled can now be a core, with as you say, maybe only the need for a handful rotating in future. Fingers crossed this squad can deliver, which means they can substantially stay together.  Cautious optimism?  

34 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Maybe you could add the players names to your pictures?

I'd rather see us bring in our own big rolls royce of a centre back but if there isn't someone out there for us to sign permanently I wouldn't be opposed to trying to get Stephen Welsh in on loan from Celtic. Was on loan at Morton last season but Celtic recalled him in the January due to defensive shortages. He's not been in any of their squads this season. 

Edited by FFC 1876

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe you could add the players names to your pictures?

The files have the player names on them when sent to the club, but I don't upload them so I can't comment on whether it would be feasible to put captions on each upload to social media. 

I suspect that once the games begin folk will pick up the names quickly enough. Particularly if the initial games are only viewable on FFCTV,  which will have commentary. 

I know its good to know the names of who is on trial. but did the club not comment that with the names being outed as being on trial its arsed us up on signing players in the past as someone else has came in for them.

and why are folk posting on a wish list for another attacking midfielder or a winger and another striker along with a GK and CH.  Its been posted as many times the only business we have left to do was a GK, CH and Attacking Midfielder (we got Alston) M&M have said it, the club websites posted it, twitters prob posted it and the FH have printed/posted it.  its like being told what your getting for christmas but you've decided to add more presents onto your what you want list but going to moan cause your not happy with what you've got (to be fair thats us down to a tee)

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

See Ray Grant signed with Alloa, surprised somebody else didn't take a punt on him as are they not part time?

Depends what he does outside football I suppose. Perhaps difficult to persuade him to go full time if he has a decent well paid job outside football especially in the current climate.