The Falkirk FC Thread

That does look like Ramsbottom. Oh ya fucker.

I know supporters of teams who players previously played for often exaggerate how bad a player is, but he is genuinely without doubt the worst goal keeper I have ever seen at Morton and pretty much in professional football. It's no exaggeration to say he was directly at fault for at least one goal a game, often 2.  Thankfully Hopkin realised what a clusterfuck of a signing he was and got Danny Rogers on loan to replace Ramsbottom. 

I hope you sign him. 

35 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

The two guys on the right had their faces blurred when it was first posted 🤔

Edit: Looks like one of them is Sam Ramsbottom 

The other one looks a bit like Reece Willison who was Airdrie’s third choice keeper last season. He only played a couple of games but generally looked quite shaky, would do fine as a cheap backup though.

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

I know supporters of teams who players previously played for often exaggerate how bad a player is, but he is genuinely without doubt the worst goal keeper I have ever seen at Morton and pretty much in professional football. It's no exaggeration to say he was directly at fault for at least one goal a game, often 2.  Thankfully Hopkin realised what a clusterfuck of a signing he was and got Danny Rogers on loan to replace Ramsbottom. 

I hope you sign him. 

Hes not going to play anyway so as long as he's cheap as feck that's the main thing.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I hope you sign him. 

The new Leo Fasan.

Just now, Scosha said:

You better hope whoever your No. 1 is doesn't get injured :lol:

Even if he did your only looking for this guy to play the rest of that game.  A loan goalie would then be brought in to start games.   Your just looking for a cheap body that can do that and play in the training games.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Even if he did your only looking for this guy to play the rest of that game.  A loan goalie would then be brought in to start games.   Your just looking for a cheap body that can do that and play in the training games.

We had Graeme bloody Bowman on the bench as a trialist last season. 

For any good training session you would want 2 keepers so not reading much into having people in for the first training session.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah as much as we just need a cheap back up to sit on the bench it would be safer to get someone who's actually capable of playing in goals as if the worst does happen and Robbie gets injured we'd be humped.

Again your only requirement is for the guy to play the rest of that match. You then bring in a new no 1 as an emergency loan. The chances of that happening though are too low to pay a proper experienced goalie to sit on the bench so you have a young cheap body in case of emergency and to play in goals at training.

16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The new Leo Fasan.

Trust us, I know Fasan's bad but he looks like Buffon in comparison to Ramsbottom. If you're wanting to sign someone as cheap cover you'd be better picking up some unknown teenager from the East of Scotland League or Ryan Stevenson, he's genuinely the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen.

10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Seriously Ramsbottom?  He shouldn't be playing professional football. Nice lad but he's just not ready for any level of professional football.  

The boys turned up at the first day of training. If hes as honking as you say then he'll soon be on his way. There's loads of cheap alternatives out there.  He's not signed anything.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

All he needs is a bank transfer for a couple of hundred thousand pounds i mean hey what can go wrong look what happened to Accies..lol

I hope the club has been making sure not to follow up on any enquiries regarding this chap:
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/pa7nm7/football-scam-bernio-verhagen-signed-fraud-stellar-group

Then again, we've been scammed by numerous alleged footballers so we won't have learned our lesson

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Even if he did your only looking for this guy to play the rest of that game.  A loan goalie would then be brought in to start games.   Your just looking for a cheap body that can do that and play in the training game

All a bit harsh on Ramsbottom.

He is a big, good shot stopper - sign him.

As long as you don't mind every save being palmed to the opposition striker in the centre of the goalmouth to finish with ease, from literally anywhere he makes the save.

He will talk up his stats for 'saves per game' completely neglecting that every save causes a goal.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

All a bit harsh on Ramsbottom.

He is a big, good shot stopper - sign him.

As long as you don't mind every save being palmed to the opposition striker in the centre of the goalmouth to finish with ease, from literally anywhere he makes the save.

He will talk up his stats for 'saves per game' completely neglecting that every save causes a goal.

You just described a season with Fasan as No1 still cant get the Ayr Utd game where we were 2 nil up and he single handedly had responsibility of letting in 3 goals

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You just described a season with Fasan as No1 still cant get the Ayr Utd game where we were 2 nil up and he single handedly had responsibility of letting in 3 goals

It was quite amazing watching him all season. He seemed to dematerialise as a shot approached him and the ball improbably ended up in the net.

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

More than happy for your management team to follow a 'can't be worse than Fasan, will do a job as backup' mantra.