The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Nedelko said:

"I don't like the kit therefore it's not selling well and I don't care what you say"

This is the ST boycott that didn't happen all over again

I hear that sales have plummeted in Australia.

49 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'm not

Hopefully in 18 years time you'll be making your full debut after coming through our re-born again academy. Failing that hopefully we pick you up after you're released from Hibs or Hearts and you fulfill your true potential here. #BrentfordModel

I don't like this year's strip (home or away) anything like as much as some of the superb tops we've had in the last few years but I was thinking of getting one anyway as I know it helps the club out. I was completely surprised that 55% of season ticket sales have added the extra donation, looks like fans are rallying round, so it could be possible strip sales are up because it's seen as a way to help the club in these difficult circumstances. 

14 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Well, I guess you have a choice then. You can visit the club, talk to the people who work there and ask what they know. Or you can make assumptions based on your personal opinions & some of those who comment on online forums.

I’d rather talk to the staff. As long as you don’t put their names and personal thoughts online they tend to be pretty open. They’ll happily tell you what’s going on. Particularly if they know they can trust you not to say something that might drop them in the shit with their superiors.  

Someone once described me on here as a bootlicker. My posts have been called party political broadcasts, spin and a few other names by people who think I’m doing it to defend the BOD, MSG or the club.

Their assumptions are complete and utter shite.

It means nothing to me if the strip breaks sales records or bombs completely. Or whether the owners get punted tomorrow. I was pretty vociferous in my desire to see the fans bid succeed last summer. And I have some very strong opinions about a few high heidyins which I’ll never be able to post online as BPM chose to out me a few years back.

Much of the insider stuff I put up reflects the knowledge of the people  who work at the club and whom I consider to be friends. They know far more than any director does about what goes on. And have no reason to put a spin on something as mundane as replica strip sales. I trust them. 

If you believe otherwise that’s your opinion. 

"Insider stuff" haha it's Falkirk FC not the CIA

Are you saying that the fact that a fair amount of people don't like the home kit has zero affect on sales?
Or do people generally buy things that they don't like anyway regardless. 
Everyone on the internet =/= everyone in reality is the point I was trying to make. But yeah, to be honest I'm not sure the design is the *deciding* factor in sales numbers

f**k sake, can't wait til the football restarts and we have more to argue about than kits

52 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Ciaran McKenna only signed with Partick for two minutes before giving it the big “they’re the biggest club in the championship and league 1” 😂

Tops off a good week that. Us signing Alston and partick signing mckenna is great news for our promotion prospects.

Guys clueless. Lucky if there 4th in those two leagues.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

11 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Rohan Ferguson has been offered a contract. Not seen much of him tbh, just know that he’s a young keeper.

He's a bit of a midget in goalkeeping terms but I suppose he'll be adequate cover as long as Mutch gets through the season unscaved. Take a look at the Linfield highlights from last season against Coleraine and you'll see what I mean.

Edited to save you the effort of finding the highlights. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

He's a bit of a midget in goalkeeping terms but I suppose he'll be adequate cover as long as Mutch gets through the season unscaved.

The last guy with Ferguson as a second name who played in goals turn out to be no bad and he was shorter