The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

So basically, the players make the shirt.

If the coming season sees M&M's team sweeping all before them and winning the league at a canter, this year's strip will be a favourite. 

Well not exactly.

2 things.

1. I liked the Hummel shirt regardless, maybe I did not make that clear enough.
  2. Chris Waddle was one of the greatest ever players I've seen in a "Falkirk" strip, the pictures of him should be iconic but they are not because he's wearing that God awful checkerboard shirt. However great he was he could not  "make the shirt".    

Our current home shirt is the worst thing I've seen since the checkerboard which was the worst thing ever, it will never be a favourite.......in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, Bula Bairn said:

Not a fan of red on the top myself but the new kit seems to have sold well - also liked on here...

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/20/21-Kits/falkirk-2020-home-kit.html

Strips will always sell well anyway no matter the design. Let's face it kids will wear anything if they support the club and if you're over 16 and wearing a fitbaw top ho do anything bar play fives  then you've obviously got feck all fashion sense whatsoever anyway.

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you're over 16 and wearing a fitbaw top ho do anything bar play fives  then you've obviously got feck all fashion sense whatsoever anyway.

I'd extend this to any form of exercise, lazing about the house and attending the games.

I don't know what was expected (a dozen)? so hard to comment.
But judging by the amount of negative comments on here and other platforms you'd forgive me for thinking it's not as high a seller as previous seasons. 
Might I suggest the increased batch of shirts on order might not have arrived in yet - very possible due to the huge delay in freight from overseas due to COVID.
The only way you'd prove it is a higher seller than before is if the club releases the sales figures I'm afraid. Until then I just don't believe it.

Don’t you love the spin?

11 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Look at the 4 strips offered to East Fife fans this season and they picked the tartan monstrosity.

But to be clear, I agree, our strip this year is awful. In the club's defence, we have had a few really good ones in recent times so we were probably due a stinker.

FB_IMG_1588622841545.jpeg

What were you doing in another club thread?

All this talk of kits got me reminiscing about my favorite kits from the dim and distant past.

No 1

This absolute beauty from 72-73 season and my first Bairns kit.

Unfortunately no steeple badge as that never made its appearance until the following season but otherwise damn near perfect (a great team as well).

ffc72.gif.4ed2ee2e0e8514fa050c589558ddee6c.gif

No 2

Fabulous Bukta kit from 1978, shame about the state of the team then.

.ffc78.gif.808e56c0175fdc499efd1e8db650b2e7.gif

No 3

Into the early 80's with this simple yet cracking strip by Patrick.

Just love the big badge in the middle of the chest, effect rather spoiled the following season by the addition of a cheap and nasty sponsor patch for scrappie David

Morton.

ffc82.gif.6e1d24c0f8e0dbdb73fa0eefaac95f9e.gif

Edited by Reggie Perrin

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's the BBC FFS ! If your daft enough to believe anything that mob broadcast then to be called gullible would have gullible people complaining at the offence !

What point are you trying to make here? That anyone who believes the original story is gullible or anyone who believes the apology is gullible?

This whole the world is out to get us narrative that a lot of fans are trying to spin is getting embarrassing. We sound a lot like Rangers fans these days.

9 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

What point are you trying to make here? That anyone who believes the original story is gullible or anyone who believes the apology is gullible?

This whole the world is out to get us narrative that a lot of fans are trying to spin is getting embarrassing. We sound a lot like Rangers fans these days.

Am I missing something here ? Was this story not about Hearts accusing Raith and Morton ?

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t you love the spin?

Yeah I know , it would make Trump blush (mind you would we notice underneath all his orange make-up). 

If one thing is consistent it's that Falkirk run out of shirts every year at this time.

No facts to back up this theory that it's a big seller other than what the boay in the club shop is saying. Oh okay then.