The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think questions need to be asked about who is responsible for it. With the last couple of shirts it's obvious there was FFC input (Steeple design and local landmarks ) and they weren't just generic Puma shirts.

Was there FFC input with this one or did we just leave it to Puma, and if so why now?

I get that it's just a shirt and at first I wasn't too fussed but when it get's constantly shoved in your face the resentment rises.

There is a commercial element to this obviously, I would not buy it for myself or my kids as I think it's honking and there will be many more like me I'd expect. So less money for the club at a time of need - so who came up with it and who sanctioned it?          

I don't think that many parents will deny their kids a Falkirk top on the basis they don't like it!

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think questions need to be asked about who is responsible for it. With the last couple of shirts it's obvious there was FFC input (Steeple design and local landmarks ) and they weren't just generic Puma shirts.

Was there FFC input with this one or did we just leave it to Puma, and if so why now?

I get that it's just a shirt and at first I wasn't too fussed but when it get's constantly shoved in your face the resentment rises.

There is a commercial element to this obviously, I would not buy it for myself or my kids as I think it's honking and there will be many more like me I'd expect. So less money for the club at a time of need - so who came up with it and who sanctioned it?          

Its been pretty clear that the consensus across the League 1 forum is that Montrose & Airdrie are by far the best strip designs this season.  Classic designs without fuss, no random shapes or patterns thrown in to no good effect.

Airdrie is particularly interesting - because of their very distinctive kit, the manufacturer can't simply fob them off with some generic design in white and red, they have to manufacture a bespoke kit with the V.   Plus the number they need to make is relatively modest - and not likely to be a bigger production run than the one to supply us;  its not like the supplier has the option to simply change the colours and put out (for example) a yellow version with a red V for some other team.  Yet we've ended up with a generic, utterly pish (to use the technical term) design, like you say Hank at a time when cash flow is so critical... Its such a missed opportunity.  The black Borussia version of our design is merely awful, which nonetheless makes it marginally better than ours because it doesn't have random strips of bright green splashed over it.    

Have we ever had a scenario where the fans get to choose the design? I remember at least East Fife, Ayr, Morton have all in the past put 4 options up for a public vote.    

26 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Its been pretty clear that the consensus across the League 1 forum is that Montrose & Airdrie are by far the best strip designs this season.  Classic designs without fuss, no random shapes or patterns thrown in to no good effect.

Airdrie is particularly interesting - because of their very distinctive kit, the manufacturer can't simply fob them off with some generic design in white and red, they have to manufacture a bespoke kit with the V.   Plus the number they need to make is relatively modest - and not likely to be a bigger production run than the one to supply us;  its not like the supplier has the option to simply change the colours and put out (for example) a yellow version with a red V for some other team.  Yet we've ended up with a generic, utterly pish (to use the technical term) design, like you say Hank at a time when cash flow is so critical... Its such a missed opportunity.  The black Borussia version of our design is merely awful, which nonetheless makes it marginally better than ours because it doesn't have random strips of bright green splashed over it.    

Have we ever had a scenario where the fans get to choose the design? I remember at least East Fife, Ayr, Morton have all in the past put 4 options up for a public vote.    

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Look at the 4 strips offered to East Fife fans this season and they picked the tartan monstrosity.

But to be clear, I agree, our strip this year is awful. In the club's defence, we have had a few really good ones in recent times so we were probably due a stinker.

FB_IMG_1588622841545.jpeg

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Look at the 4 strips offered to East Fife fans this season and they picked the tartan monstrosity.

But to be clear, I agree, our strip this year is awful. In the club's defence, we have had a few really good ones in recent times so we were probably due a stinker.

FB_IMG_1588622841545.jpeg

All about opinions, the tartan option is cracking in my eyes!

Pretty sure this seasons tops are close to 4 figures in terms of total sales when I was chatting to the folk in the shop, sounds pretty high to me for where we are with no games getting played

Sounds like a total disaster for the club IMO, some of the hot takes on here have been absolutely hoachin'

1 and 3 bowfing 2 looks a bit Mortonesque (pretty sure they had that design last season or season before) on the fence with the tartan one.

See the Raith chairman has been at his bawbaggery again was him that grassed up Hearts over the training but he is denying it (on his track record of lies you know he did)

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

See the Raith chairman has been at his bawbaggery again was him that grassed up Hearts over the training but he is denying it (on his track record of lies you know he did)

The BBC have issued Raith Rovers and Morton an apology over this. Apparently it’s  nonsense. 

Guest Ecosse83
49 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

This is why there must never be an option for fans to choose. 

To be fair my missus dresses me, apparently my taste in clothes is pretty dire 🤣

10 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

The BBC have issued Raith Rovers and Morton an apology over this. Apparently it’s  nonsense. 

Edinburgh live reporting it on the newsfeed, on google, still wouldnt believe anything he says just cause he said hes not lying doesnt mean he's telling the truth shjould realise that with the end of season fiasco vote/ reconstruction to name but 2