The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Unless we can offload Sammon(thanks Ray) then I'd guess a versatile defender and keeper.

I'm still not ruling out 3-5-2, tho expecting 4-4-2, I really don't wanna see 4-2-3-1 in the 3rd tier, it was bad enough under Elvis in the 2nd tier.

Perhaps the loan market maybe more cost effective this season with a 27 game season in the bottom 3 tiers and I'm guessing little reserve squad action to go with that.

Think youl find that it was Lex that botched the contract and tried to blame McKinnon. Tried several times to get Sammon to rip up contract which he didn't as is his right. 

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

That is just a travesty of a Falkirk strip on such a fine figure of a man.  I'm now not sure if its the bizarre cube pattern or all the red flashings that annoy the most. 

It is like a manhole cover

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The red flashings up the sides are totally pointless. It would look marginally better without them and that's being kind. It doesn't get any better each time you look at it. Puma tbf to them have gave us some not bad efforts but that simply falls into the "must do a helluva lot better" category. 

Red has no place on a Falkirk top !

24 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Red has no place on a Falkirk top !

Is this your anti Aberdeen bias coming through, as we've had red on our tops as far back as 1888 right the way through including our classic Hummel?

Reds not the problem, its the crap design.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 20.26.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 20.26.32.png

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

I think most of us would have preferred something plain, i cant even say the new one has  grown on me as its in the same category as the chequered one "howling" wouldnt mind if they went a bit retro something like the Spall ones.  Think this has been the only year Pumas let us down in strip design

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The red flashings up the sides are totally pointless. It would look marginally better without them and that's being kind. It doesn't get any better each time you look at it. Puma tbf to them have gave us some not bad efforts but that simply falls into the "must do a helluva lot better" category. 

I think questions need to be asked about who is responsible for it. With the last couple of shirts it's obvious there was FFC input (Steeple design and local landmarks ) and they weren't just generic Puma shirts.

Was there FFC input with this one or did we just leave it to Puma, and if so why now?

I get that it's just a shirt and at first I wasn't too fussed but when it get's constantly shoved in your face the resentment rises.

There is a commercial element to this obviously, I would not buy it for myself or my kids as I think it's honking and there will be many more like me I'd expect. So less money for the club at a time of need - so who came up with it and who sanctioned it?          

Edited by Hank von Hell

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Is this your anti Aberdeen bias coming through, as we've had red on our tops as far back as 1888 right the way through including our classic Hummel?

Reds not the problem, its the crap design.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 20.26.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 20.26.32.png

First one over a century a go, nobody alive to have a tradition about it.

Second one is crap and was never repeated. Hummel must have been creasing themselves when we repeated the order for 3 seasons.

Not bias against Aberdeen ! I don't mind who beats them.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Reading that Paul Hartley had a chance to punt him but chose not to just makes me hate him even more tbh.

It doesn't particularly make me like or feel sorry for Joe McKee in any way, but I think that wee snippet does a decent job of giving and idea of the fucking shitshow we have been over the last few seasons, and in particular the transition from Hartley to McKinnon.

As a wee aside, maybe @BendtnerBairn can get Hartley or McKinnon to do one of they shopping trolley shots.... Just beside the canal...…...

7 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think questions need to be asked about who is responsible for it. With the last couple of shirts it's obvious there was FFC input (Steeple design and local landmarks ) and they weren't just generic Puma shirts.

Was there FFC input with this one or did we just leave it to Puma, and if so why now?

I get that it's just a shirt and at first I wasn't too fussed but when it get's constantly shoved in your face the resentment rises.

There is a commercial element to this obviously, I would not buy it for myself or my kids as I think it's honking and there will be many more like me I'd expect. So less money for the club at a time of need - so who came up with it and who sanctioned it?          

I believe a number of staff had an input into it. The top is a standard puma template with details that clubs can modify, presumably for a fee. Here's an example from Borussia Munchengladbach. If you do a quick online search it won't be hard to find others. 

I was talking to the guy who runs the club shop about it the other day. I normally go into the shop immediately before we do a signing to grab a few strips plus any props that can be used for a photocall. There were no large sizes available for the Calumn Morrison announcement and there were none yesterday either, despite the fact that more stock was ordered than last year. It appears the new tops are selling faster than expected with the home one being the more popular of the two. 

1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe a number of staff had an input into it. The top is a standard puma template with details that clubs can modify, presumably for a fee. Here's an example from Borussia Munchengladbach. If you do a quick online search it won't be hard to find others. 

I was talking to the guy who runs the club shop about it the other day. I normally go into the shop immediately before we do a signing to grab a few strips plus any props that can be used for a photocall. There were no large sizes available for the Calumn Morrison announcement and there were none yesterday either, despite the fact that more stock was ordered than last year. It appears the new tops are selling faster than expected with the home one being the more popular of the two. 

1.jpg

A fucking LARGE!?!?

Has he been on the steak pie!? Totally unacceptable!

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

1.jpg

Surely you're talking about a large kids top, Callumn Morrison's tiny.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

A fucking LARGE!?!?

Has he been on the steak pie!? Totally unacceptable!

😁

I've no idea what size a player will turn out to be until I meet them, so I grab one of each before they arrive. 

Though in this case it didn't matter because I discovered afterwards that our kitman was back off furlough and he has everything in stock, hence the shots with Blairs' name and number. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

1.jpg

I don't know what was expected (a dozen)? so hard to comment.

But judging by the amount of negative comments on here and other platforms you'd forgive me for thinking it's not as high a seller as previous seasons. 

Might I suggest the increased batch of shirts on order might not have arrived in yet - very possible due to the huge delay in freight from overseas due to COVID.

The only way you'd prove it is a higher seller than before is if the club releases the sales figures I'm afraid. Until then I just don't believe it.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

First one over a century a go, nobody alive to have a tradition about it.

Second one is crap and was never repeated. Hummel must have been creasing themselves when we repeated the order for 3 seasons.

Not bias against Aberdeen ! I don't mind who beats them.

The Hummel top in my opinion is an all time classic.

Memories of Stainrod, Yogi, Big Joe, Crunchie, Cadette etc etc. Probably our best ever era for fitba.  Which makes the shirt iconic.

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The Hummel top in my opinion is an all time classic.

Memories of Stainrod, Yogi, Big Joe, Crunchie, Cadette etc etc. Probably our best ever era for fitba.  Which makes the shirt iconic.

So basically, the players make the shirt.

If the coming season sees M&M's team sweeping all before them and winning the league at a canter, this year's strip will be a favourite.