The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the pressure's off a bit now regarding new signings as we seem to have a 1st 11 sorted.

I wonder if that may encourage them to try to move the likes of Telfer and Sammon on (perhaps to Ray's QP revolution, considering he seems to rate them) and maybe put Leitch and Sneddon out on loan? That would give them the room to bring another few in toward the end of the window when there may be some better quality available. 

Miller already said in his interviews not in so many words that Sammon wont be first choice (freeze him out try and get him a move or cancel his contract) given GD also said we have been far to generous in the past and a soft touch in player negotiations.  Telfer would put as a back to to starting 11 replace Connolly when he tires out.

Just a GK and a CH to go 

Ever get the feeling this might just might be an actual working version of the so called "Brentford" model  least we have some players with a point to prove alongside some experience.

Edited by AL-FFC

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

An option for the back up keeper could be Rohan Ferguson as he was released from Motherwell this summer. Not seen any of him lately but he was highly rated at Airdrie as a youngster and he's relatively local as he hails from Bathgate. Still only 22 as well so would fit the mould of signings we've been making.

Edited to add: Scrap that completely, just watched a few highlights from Linfield games last season and he's not the answer. 

His brother is in and out the jail that's why he end up going to Linfield to try n get away from it all. 

45 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Where’s this from? I didn’t think we were even due back training until next week.

We're not. There was a small amount of players coming in for what  believe was gymn work but I imagine that stopped with the government announcements last week. So he's not "on trial" at the moment. 

Having said that, there's usually one or two trialists involved when preseason begins so it could well happen on the 24th. Assuming the government let us come back then, of course. . 

29 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

This is honestly the happiest I’ll ever be to sign a Dunfermline fan. He may be Pars crazy on the terraces but he’s a Bairn on the pitch. Yaaaaaaassssss!

How do you know Alston's a Dunfermline fan, given he was born in Kirkcaldy? (although maybe that's where the nearest maternity unit is?)

54 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I wonder if that may encourage them to try to move the likes of Telfer and Sammon on  

In the case of Telfer, I can't us announcing a new contract for him on 20th July and then deciding to try and get rid of him less than a month later. He's clearly wanted by M&M. 

Sammon is in the second year of his previous deal so it's unknown whether he's rated or not. If not, then it would depend on what else was out there for him. I believe a large part of the reason he came to us was geographical, as he lives in Larbert. He may prefer to stay and fight for his place even he's no longer a first pick. 

24 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

All things considered, I genuinely feel that M&M have identified and brought in the best available at this level. First time in three seasons we have a correct mixture of young & old, but critically players that fit together.

Really looking forward to getting back to seeing our club, whenever that will be. Lastly praise where due, the BOD get it large on here, there’s no doubt our signings didn’t come cheap so it’s thanks to the BOD for backing M&M.

Did they put their hands in their pockets? pretty sure all the money getting spent comes from us the fans.

All things considered, I genuinely feel that M&M have identified and brought in the best available at this level. First time in three seasons we have a correct mixture of young & old, but critically players that fit together.
Really looking forward to getting back to seeing our club, whenever that will be. Lastly praise where due, the BOD get it large on here, there’s no doubt our signings didn’t come cheap so it’s thanks to the BOD for backing M&M.

With the fans money

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How do you know Alston's a Dunfermline fan, given he was born in Kirkcaldy? (although maybe that's where the nearest maternity unit is?)

It’s fairly common knowledge that’s he’s Dunfermline fan. He’s from Dalgety Bay so that might possibly explain why he was born in Kirkcaldy instead of Dunfermline? 

8 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

It’s fairly common knowledge that’s he’s Dunfermline fan. He’s from Dalgety Bay so that might possibly explain why he was born in Kirkcaldy instead of Dunfermline? 

ShaggerG is right with the assumption that Kirkcaldy is the maternity unit. Most fifers have been born there for about 25 years,  the better ones get out as quick as they can. 

31 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In the case of Telfer, I can't us announcing a new contract for him on 20th July and then deciding to try and get rid of him less than a month later. He's clearly wanted by M&M. 

Sammon is in the second year of his previous deal so it's unknown whether he's rated or not. If not, then it would depend on what else was out there for him. I believe a large part of the reason he came to us was geographical, as he lives in Larbert. He may prefer to stay and fight for his place even he's no longer a first pick. 

No chance of moving Telfer on sadly or they wouldn't have resigned him. They obviously see something in him the rest of us don't. More chance of Leitch and Laverty going out on loan again which I don't see either unless it's blatantly obvious they aren't cutting it come a few months into the season. I think Sammon would be away already if he didn't have a year left. I think he knows his career is almost done. And hes fourth choice.