The Falkirk FC Thread

Gigantic credit goes to M&M. Obviously knew Alston from their playing days and they seem to have used that to their advantage in getting him in (2 year deal too!). He’s almost too good for any of the champ clubs never mind league 1. Genuine stauner enducing signing 

As if stands I think we have the strongest squad in the league. Needed goals from midfield and someone who can produce a "moment" to win close games from nothing and I think we get both of that with Alston.

Would like to see a centre back at a minimum to strengthen further but been really pleased with the last few signings.

Is Lex Miller the third biggest shareholder?

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

As if stands I think we have the strongest squad in the league. Needed goals from midfield and someone who can produce a "moment" to win close games from nothing and I think we get both of that with Alston.

Would like to see a centre back at a minimum to strengthen further but been really pleased with the last few signings.

Is Lex Miller the third biggest shareholder?

Think he's the biggest after Brian Guthrie.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

15 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Henderson was excellent but never really rated mcgeough to be honest and not surprised he's bombed since leaving hibs. Very much doubt gallacher will ever make it at Liverpool . He's 21 now and should be pushing robertson but Liverpool are spending a few million instead on a left back  so i would expect him to be getting released soon.As for Hickey I'll be happy to hold my hands up the day he makes his debut for bayern but it will never happen.

TBF Gallacher never made it at Falkirk and I can see him going down the Biabi and Blair route. 

Hickey is going to the best place to improve, he started as a midfielder and may end up going back there

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Chris Burke is still a baller, might have lost pace but still can hurt teams, reminds me a bit of Latapy in no way as silky but a player you don't want to face. 

Tells you all about Scottish football that a journeyman who was indifferent in form over the years is one of the highlights in the Scottish top league.

Fantastic signing today, the heart strings been pulled and/or contract length and distance to his home. We could've done with him last season.

3 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

a good mix of quality and potential throughout the team...exciting stuff

It does seem to be much more balanced than we've seen for a while. M&M look like they've had a coherent plan and I'm happy with all of the signings so far. 

I do think we're weakest at CB and I'd like a 3rd striker who isn't Sammon but if we went into the season with that squad (plus a keeper) I'd be looking forward to it.

10 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

It does seem to be much more balanced than we've seen for a while. M&M look like they've had a coherent plan and I'm happy with all of the signings so far. 

I do think we're weakest at CB and I'd like a 3rd striker who isn't Sammon but if we went into the season with that squad (plus a keeper) I'd be looking forward to it.

Lee miller himself hopefully before Sammon although if m and m can get him firing he'll do a job. Its all about motivating him though and playing to his strengths when he does play.  Defo need a centrehalf and after that it's pray we dont have many injuries.

Edited by Shadwell Dog