The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Any chance of a signing announced today do we reckon?

I got myself 12 rottweilers last week so was planning to take them all to calendar park for a run about.

Hoping for some news by the time I get back.

I can't recall us ever making a signing on a Sunday. Even Saturdays are rare, with Paul Paton being the only one I can think of (at least during the close season).  

It's probably a safe bet that today won't be any different. 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If it comes down to cash the he will go up Dundee. If it is cash and heart it will be us. Caley won’t get him on that basis IMO

There's always the gamble that Dundee may or may not pay wages. Depends if they're insolvent/in admin in any particular week. 

Morning all. So I thought I'd do a squad list in FM style to see what we need and came up with this: 

Robbie Mutch (GK)

Scott Mercer (DR/L)

Gary Miller (DR DM)

Paul Dixon (DL/C)

Blair Sneddon (DL)

Ben Hall (DC)

Mark Durnan (DC)

Morgaro Gomis (DM)

Charlie Telfer (MC)

Josh Todd (AMR/C)

Calum Morrison (AMR)

Aidan Connolly (AML/C)

Aiden Laverty (AM) ?

Connor Sammon (ST)

Lee Miller (ST)

Anton Dowds (FC)

Aiden Keena (ST)

Robbie Leitch (FC) ?

Don't think I left anyone out?

Another goalie is obvious, plus an additional youth loanee perhaps.

An additional CB. Jonny Mitchell if he's up for it wbg.

And, unless #CT21 has been at the Will Vaulks pills, a good box to box midfielder. He'll always have a special place in my heart, but that's not Alston's game (as I recall). Bring him home anyway though, obviously

7 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Morning all. So I thought I'd do a squad list in FM style to see what we need and came up with this: 

Robbie Mutch (GK)

Scott Mercer (DR/L)

Gary Miller (DR DM)

Paul Dixon (DL/C)

Blair Sneddon (DL)

Ben Hall (DC)

Mark Durnan (DC)

Morgaro Gomis (DM)

Charlie Telfer (MC)

Josh Todd (AMR/C)

Calum Morrison (AMR)

Aidan Connolly (AML/C)

Aiden Laverty (AM) ?

Connor Sammon (ST)

Lee Miller (ST)

Anton Dowds (FC)

Aiden Keena (ST)

Robbie Leitch (FC) ?

Don't think I left anyone out?

Another goalie is obvious, plus an additional youth loanee perhaps.

An additional CB. Jonny Mitchell if he's up for it wbg.

And, unless #CT21 has been at the Will Vaulks pills, a good box to box midfielder. He'll always have a special place in my heart, but that's not Alston's game (as I recall). Bring him home anyway though, obviously

I highly doubt we'll go into the season with 3 keepers. It'll be a case of 2 and if one gets injured we'll get somebody else in on loan. Alston's more than capable of playing in the centre of the park in beside Miller which is probably why we've got him as our first choice for that position. I'd love to see us play with somebody in the 10 role but with Keena and Dowds signed as starting strikers it's looking very much like a 4-4-2. If Alston doesn't sign then I think we'll see Todd in beside Miller and I'd like the new centre back to be a starter or at least a prospect who they can develop like Mckenna when he came in. Being greedy I'd also like to see another winger in aswell for competition but M&M maybe see Leitch as the cover out there.

Mutch

Mercer Durnan New Dixon

Morrison Miller Alston/Todd Connolly

Keena Dowds

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If it comes down to cash the he will go up Dundee. If it is cash and heart it will be us. Caley won’t get him on that basis IMO

Ict would surely have to offer a fair bit of cash to move up to the arse end of beyond i would think.  

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I highly doubt we'll go into the season with 3 keepers. It'll be a case of 2 and if one gets injured we'll get somebody else in on loan. Alston's more than capable of playing in the centre of the park in beside Miller which is probably why we've got him as our first choice for that position. I'd love to see us play with somebody in the 10 role but with Keena and Dowds signed as starting strikers it's looking very much like a 4-4-2. If Alston doesn't sign then I think we'll see Todd in beside Miller and I'd like the new centre back to be a starter or at least a prospect who they can develop like Mckenna when he came in. Being greedy I'd also like to see another winger in aswell for competition but M&M maybe see Leitch as the cover out there.

Mutch

Mercer Durnan New Dixon

Morrison Miller Alston/Todd Connolly

Keena Dowds

Mckenna was brutal and only went backwards.

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ict would surely have to offer a fair bit of cash to move up to the arse end of beyond i would think.  

Sure they offer rent free houses for some, sure Nathan Austin said in a recent interview he had that 

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sure they offer rent free houses for some, sure Nathan Austin said in a recent interview he had that 

The club owns 2 or 3 houses in the city. One in Cradlehall round the corner from my mum and dad. Another in Milton of Leys I believe.

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t agree on McKenna.

Thought he as a great prospect and always looked quite positive.

Made far too many mistakes. No surprise he's hardly kicked a ball since he left us. At 22 he'd be a regular somewhere by now and not a bench warmer if he was all that.

19 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Need more than a  house that hundreds of other folk have kipped in to do the job surely specially if you've got a family.  That A9 is still a brute of a drive. 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Made far too many mistakes. No surprise he's hardly kicked a ball since he left us. At 22 he'd be a regular somewhere by now and not a bench warmer if he was all that.

I agree that he wasn't as good as some made him out to be but he was a prospect someone who could have been developed into a decent player. Still have nightmares of Kiltie turning him inside out in the Morton game. Nobody signing with us is going to be the finished article. If they were then they wouldn't be signing with us. It's about finding players we can develop into the finished article then sell on when they've done what we need them to do.

Edited by FFC 1876

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I agree that he wasn't as good as some made him out to be but he was a prospect someone who could have been developed into a decent player. Still have nightmares of Kiltie turning him inside out in the Morton game. Nobody signing with us is going to be the finished article. If they were then they wouldn't be signing with us. It's about finding players we can develop into the finished article then sell on when they've done what we need them to do.

Bear in mind that some fans thought Dallison was going to be an amazing centre half because he was tall and well built and you’ll see the trend here 😂 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I suggested that the fans group raising money bought some flats for that purpose instead of just handing the money over to the club. 

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

I suggested that the fans group raising money bought some flats for that purpose instead of just handing the money over to the club. 

When you know which poster from here is involved it's no wonder they just handed over cash to allow Ray McKinnon or Paul Hartley to fling money at some dross on a 6 month contract, rather than acquiring shares or getting anything tangible for the longer term.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Best contact the free speech union and see what your rights are in this regard.

He is beyond saving or having a civil debate with.

Dawson Park Boy is now on record that he is a Tory  !

Tory - Definition from the Irish Toiraidh meaning Pursued Men due their behaviour.  Since he forms his opinion from the Daily Mail, The Telegraph and The Sun it explains a lot and Toiraidh is very apt description of the deranged one  !

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He is beyond saving or having a civil debate with.

Dawson Park Boy is now on record that he is a Tory  !

Tory - Definition from the Irish Toiraidh meaning Pursued Men due their behaviour.  Since he forms his opinion from the Daily Mail, The Telegraph and The Sun it explains a lot and Toiraidh is very apt description of the deranged one  !

Also robber; brigand.

Apt.