The Falkirk FC Thread

17 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

That would leave us with a squad of 20, 21 if you include Lee Miller. Still dreaming that there's a chance we'll offload Sammon as he doesn't really offer us anything and i'd imagine he's on a decent wage which we could do with using elsewhere. A promising centre back(possibly Jonny Mitchell) that will compete with Durnan and Hall for the first team and a back up goalkeeper that's hopefully cheap but not as sh!te as Leo Fasan. M&M having previously played with Blair Alston might work in our favour and make him more likely to join us. Especially as we'll probably be offering him a 2 year deal. My only issue with Alston is he's one of those players that can go missing for a few games then score a worldie and everyone seems to forget how average he's been the few games before said worldie. Also as someone has mentioned it doesn't normally turn out well for us when we resign ex players.

Wouldn't be surprised if the back up keeper is a loan. I think they'd have to offer Alston a two year to get him interested, as for the centre back  it'll either be a jobber like Devine or a loan from a higher league's reserve team. 

I would be over the moon if Blair came back to us.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't though.  Dropping two divisions is a slap in the face for him at his stage of his career.

I understand why you mean, however, plenty of players are dropping down leagues to get contracts. It all comes down to length of contract and money at the end of the day

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I understand why you mean, however, plenty of players are dropping down leagues to get contracts. It all comes down to length of contract and money at the end of the day

Be delighted if I'm wrong.

Are you genuinely saying a perma skint part time club offered him more money than we were offering on a full time contract?

Not that airdrie have the same finances as Falkirk but Stirling apparently offered Andy Ryan more money part time than we could offer him, so not surprised. No idea where these sides are getting their money from

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Local hero, 50/50 fanatikool winner and t-shirt winner. No signings imminent at the moment. 

Take that with a pinch of salt. I was in the other day getting a shirt for my grandson and asked the PR guy direct if there were any signings that day. He replied "I don't know". 15 minutes later they tweeted about Calumn Morrison

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Take that with a pinch of salt. I was in the other day getting a shirt for my grandson and asked the PR guy direct if there were any signings that day. He replied "I don't know". 15 minutes later they tweeted about Calumn Morrison

Got to look at it from the clubs point if they say someone is signing it will be like Isa from Still Game as much as the ITK stuff is good on here no real names have been given just wee clues here and there.  For someone to tell you first then the club announce it its like telling you what your getting for your christmas or the i know something you dont know.

image.png.fce3b4ca8dcbd19670ef3c17bf025590.png

Edited by AL-FFC

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Got to look at it from the clubs point if they say someone is signing it will be like Isa from Still Game as much as the ITK stuff is good on here no real names have been given just wee clues here and there.  For someone to tell you first then the club announce it its like telling you what your getting for your christmas or the i know something you dont know.

image.png.fce3b4ca8dcbd19670ef3c17bf025590.png

Oh absolutely. I would have been straight on here.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

All players in scotland have a clause 12 written in to their contracts which basically suspends their contracts.

“In the event of the Scottish FA deciding that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or districts as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish FA, this Agreement shall be correspondingly suspended, unless the Club is exempted from such suspension or the Club otherwise determines.” 

so if the game is suspended so are the players contracts and therefore wages.  Not sure whether this would mean the players are free to go or not but I would presume so.

So hypothetically speaking , but very possible, there's a severe 2nd wave in the Winter. The ScotGov shut down all contact sport  for 4 months again , the furlough scheme is gone and players have their contracts suspended.  Going by this scenario we do not pay them and expect them to stick around?

Or under HSW's theory punt them all the door and start again in 4 months. 

Or hopefully the Russian vaccine works and we can all wash it down with some chili infused vodka and get back to normal. 

15 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Miller wants a GK, defender and attacking midfielder and that’s our whack. 

So a squad of 21, good to see that they are looking for the same positions we are wishing for. The goalkeeper will be a loan as that's what we did last year for backup. There'll be plenty of players available for the other two positions so hopefully M&M cherry pick the best as they two will hopefully be starters. Alston's obviously our first option for the attacking midfielder.