The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Celtic coming down hard on the player simply because he's been rank rotten since he signed. If that had been edouard statements like it will be very difficult for him to come back into the fold just would not be happening. It would be the old everyone deserves a second chance.

Lennon said the night before he had ‘no issues’ with Griffiths have house parties with no social distancing in place and household rules being broken.

Whats Griffiths value to the team vs Bolingoli’s ??

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Watching the hypocrisy is just delicious to behold.

I, of course, have my own views but they’re not for here to keep HSW happy,

The forum owe me a debt of gratitude that Dawson Park Boy on this post has announced (and we all know how he likes to stand by his comments) that from now on he is keeping his views to himself.

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The forum owe me a debt of gratitude that Dawson Park Boy on this post has announced (and we all know how he likes to stand by his comments) that from now on he is keeping his views to himself.

He’s now on the COVID-19 thread where he received his latest  🔴 44 mins ago at my time of writing.

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree although there was pictures in the press of deli Ali , Grealish and another player in ibiza having drinks poolside  surrounded by hundreds of folk which I found remarkable.  The epl starts in a few weeks so you'd have thought their clubs would be ensuring players were not putting them selves in a position where they could catch covid. Noone seemed bothered though.

With the season not starting until  September 12th, they have time to return, quarantine and then resume practice within EPL rules. I suspect the EPL has figured that having the players take two to three weeks off, then quarantine (if necessary) and then resume practice is best for getting some compliance with the rules during the resumption of the season.

BTW, looks like a cracking team that M&M are putting together, much younger and hungrier than Ray’s cronies and hangers-on. Hope the restart occurs on schedule, should be fun for you to watch.

Seems to be more rumours of Blair Alston signing soon. If we get him, a backup keeper and another centre back; I’ll be chuffed.

Do the rumours hold any substance though? Easy for people to start and circulate rumours

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He lives in Dunfermline - please tell me they aren’t one of the clubs.

I hope not, he's well liked at Falkirk but I'm not sure how he'd fit into our side, we'd inevitably play him out wide. 

The clubs will have to assure the government that any player committing a covid infringement will be sacked. Or be subjected to such severe sanctions that nobody else will dare step out of line.
The football authorities appear to be doing all they can. If an employee breaks the then rules punish him and him only. Don't punish the thousands of others in his professional who're behaving. Or the thousands more who're linked to that profession. 
That's how it works in normal employment so why not football? You don't shut down Tescos because a girl on the checkout isn't wearing a mask. You just get rid of her. Football clubs have to prove they're willing to do the same. 
No more slaps on the wrists or mealy-mouthed "we didny ken" excuses. Just kick them out. And let the show go on. 

Don’t agree. The only way this will be stopped is a threat to shut the lot down. It has sod all to do with lasses in Tesco.

Clubs have had special dispensation to start football in time for them to coin in on the Sky cash. Clubs are responsible for ensuring their staff follow strict rules. It should be clubs who don’t ensure their players behave appropriately that should be hit. That will stop it I can assure you. If Lawell was losing points in his pursuit of 10 in a row he would be locking every fucking player up and ensuring that they adhered to the rules.

Meanwhile Tesco replaces the lassie on zero hour contract.

Lawwell picks up seven figure bonuses year in year out from his club, and for delivering 10 in a row, you can bet that figure will be higher.

The chances of him supporting anything that might bruise Celtic’s title hopes is so remote, it’s not even worth considering.