The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Across the border the top two leagues play hundreds of games without incident, complete their leagues , FA Cup and play offs.

In Scotland they can't get to the 2nd week without several serious breaches and facing the threat of the whole game being suspended  - all self inflicted. 

Unbelievable yet predictable. For me it just means the Gov have no trust in Scottish Football getting their house in order and makes me think the prospect of fans being allowed back in to stadiums will be pushed back significantly .    

images (2).jpeg

Do footballers never get drug tested outside matches?  Athletes , cyclists etc have to let drug testers know where they are at all times and yet top league pro footballers can disappear off abroad without even their employers supposedly knowing where they are it would seem.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do footballers never get drug tested outside matches?  Athletes , cyclists etc have to let drug testers know where they are at all times and yet top league pro footballers can disappear off abroad without even their employers supposedly knowing where they are it would seem.

You wouldnt mind so much if his actions only affected Celtic, but this affects every club 

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Every club, and every one of us. Just listened to the pathetic and appalling Aberdeen player trying to apologise & say the eight players weren’t sure about the COVID rules? My f...  arse, pure and shear arrogance of those who lead a privileged life and couldn’t give two f... s about anyone else. I was Sturgeon I would asked both Abd & Celtic to instantly dismiss all those who seen fit to break the rules. 

F**k their Sky deal they caused it, put a pause on Premiership games and let them deal with the consequences. Just seen this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53736447

Celtic and Aberdeen should not be playing matches this week after their players broke lockdown rules, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said.

Celtic defender Boli Bolingoli flew to Spain without the club's knowledge, failed to quarantine, then played in Sunday's match against Kilmarnock.

Ms Sturgeon said this was a "flagrant breach" of the guidelines.

The previous weekend eight Aberdeen players broke lockdown regulations by visiting a bar together.

Ms Surgeon told her daily briefing: "As a minimum, you should not be expecting to see Aberdeen or Celtic play in the coming week."

The first minister said she did not want rule-abiding clubs and players, plus fans, to be punished for the individual breaches.

But she warned: "Consider today the yellow card. The next time it will be the red card because you will leave us with absolutely no choice."

Edited by AL-FFC

Wonder what will happen if the whole season has to be played behind doors.  It maybe sounds unlikely but events could happen to ensure it.   Season ticket money would have to be returned.  Many clubs going out of business?

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Where the hell are the SPFL & SFA in all this ? 

I'd expect there's two chances they'll respond to this appropriately - slim and f.a.  Particularly given Lawwell holds the power. 

There should be a points forfeit in this for both clubs  - what's the deduction for fielding an ineligible player?   

28 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Where the hell are the SPFL & SFA in all this ? 

Well Nicola Sturgeon made it clear. This is a yellow card - next time its Red ! They cannot say they ain't been told.

Now on the football field the captain would get his players well and truly told just how serious this is for the team and the manager waiting for them in the dressing room to puncture the over inflated egos that have compromised the club.

Thing that gets me is in this case its not so much Celtic and Aberdeen being punished the opposition are being disadvantaged in all of this with a fixture backlog and no real penalty as such agains the offenders bar an inconvenience they get a free week from the schedule because of the players not self isolating and a game to be played at a later date which no doubt the players will moan about too many games in too short a time.

SFA and SPFL have piped up they seem to be more bothered the games have to be postponed than the players ignoring the guidelines:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-scottish-football-under-threat-after-celtic-players-secret-trip-to-spain-12047038

The Scottish FA and the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) said in a statement that "while the decision to postpone these games is deeply regrettable, nevertheless in the circumstances it is unavoidable and uncontestable".

Celtic coming down hard on the player simply because he's been rank rotten since he signed. If that had been edouard statements like it will be very difficult for him to come back into the fold just would not be happening. It would be the old everyone deserves a second chance.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Celtic coming down hard on the player simply because he's been rank rotten since he signed. If that had been edouard statements like it will be very difficult for him to come back into the fold just would not be happening. It would be the old everyone deserves a second chance.

Watching the hypocrisy is just delicious to behold.

I, of course, have my own views but they’re not for here to keep HSW happy,

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

SFA and SPFL have piped up they seem to be more bothered the games have to be postponed than the players ignoring the guidelines:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-scottish-football-under-threat-after-celtic-players-secret-trip-to-spain-12047038

The Scottish FA and the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) said in a statement that "while the decision to postpone these games is deeply regrettable, nevertheless in the circumstances it is unavoidable and uncontestable"

I see nothing in the statement from ‘Donky’ Doncaster which states the action to be taken by SFA/SPFL to address the breakdown in communication to all players to ensure Scottish Football can continue through these times.

Clear penalties to be applied to clubs with players infringing Scot Govt legislation which allowed Scottish Football to resume, should now be published.

Just what this man does to justify his huge salary is a mystery. Vote of no confidence on the horizon if no action results.

This is serious, with Celtic’s participation in Europe at risk.