The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The foul that McManus committed on Holden was appalling and could have ended his career.

Says a lot about Holden how strong he came back.

Good luck to him in this new role.

Didn`t realise I had that pic until a couple of weeks ago😲

DHoldenvCeltic(h2).jpg

8 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Thought Toshney was better, even though his legs are made of glass!

Yep Toshney, Bell and Johnstone, two of them going down had you thinking career enders everytime. Johnstone's career ended before Falkirk.

8 hours ago, Bglongmx said:

I don't Alston of recent seasons is the player he was - largely anonymous the last couple of times I've seen him play. If we could get him however it would be interesting to see if becoming a first pick could rekindle his desire/form.

I'd love Alston to sign but don't see him as the Messiah. He is capable of scoring some outstanding goals but can go missing and I think injuries have hampered him recently. He would skoosh this league but feel we would need a formation other than 4-4-2 to brightly shine.

We would have zero chance of getting him without covid but these times will see many footballers struggle for a contract

Guest Ecosse83

Have to admit I know absolutely nothing about the new signing apart from his position but it's a good sign we can easily see how the team is shaping up. 

Simple 442 will do for me!

Guest Ecosse83
18 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Morrison looks like a decent signing, going by a few EF posts he’s very quick direct & can beat a man, and looks and looks like he’s finally got over some injuries.  This ticks all boxes for me and looks like M&M have recognised that in this division we need young, hungry and quick players. Happy with the signings so far

Agree 100%. I am looking forward to seeing all the young signings in action. 

9 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

We paid his wages for a year whilst he sat crocked and with Yogi bumming him up to be his best signing.

What a massive disappointment.

Mind you him moutinho and higdon were a decent forward line especially when we had a decent midfield behind them. As soon as mcbride replaced thomson though the wheels came off the bogie.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s increasingly looking like the Scottish government will pull the plug on football if there is any further breaches. Being reported that Celtics Bolingoli is the latest to break the rules. Would imagine next breach will see football suspended...  

Will the SPFL would lead the investigation? oops 😬 Celtic are the SPFL 

Across the border the top two leagues play hundreds of games without incident, complete their leagues , FA Cup and play offs.

In Scotland they can't get to the 2nd week without several serious breaches and facing the threat of the whole game being suspended  - all self inflicted. 

Unbelievable yet predictable. For me it just means the Gov have no trust in Scottish Football getting their house in order and makes me think the prospect of fans being allowed back in to stadiums will be pushed back significantly .    

34 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Across the border the top two leagues play hundreds of games without incident, complete their leagues , FA Cup and play offs.

In Scotland they can't get to the 2nd week without several serious breaches and facing the threat of the whole game being suspended  - all self inflicted. 

Unbelievable yet predictable. For me it just means the Gov have no trust in Scottish Football getting their house in order and makes me think the prospect of fans being allowed back in to stadiums will be pushed back significantly .    

I agree although there was pictures in the press of deli Ali , Grealish and another player in ibiza having drinks poolside  surrounded by hundreds of folk which I found remarkable.  The epl starts in a few weeks so you'd have thought their clubs would be ensuring players were not putting them selves in a position where they could catch covid. Noone seemed bothered though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Serious question here if they put a pause on the league due to the players blowing out the guidelines does that not leave the SPFL open to legal action by Sky as its not covid thats cause it this time its down to negligence of the players the rules were in plae to allow the return of football and start of the league the rules have been breached and possible shutdown due to players not heeding the guidelines to allow the return of football.

53 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

You can see that Leitch & Sturgeon are completely f.......  off and already been on call with club managers & captains prior to today’s new breach. I reckon one more incident and football will be suspended. 

The clubs will have to assure the government that any player committing a covid infringement will be sacked. Or be subjected to such severe sanctions that nobody else will dare step out of line.

The football authorities appear to be doing all they can. If an employee breaks the then rules punish him and him only. Don't punish the thousands of others in his professional who're behaving. Or the thousands more who're linked to that profession. 

That's how it works in normal employment so why not football? You don't shut down Tescos because a girl on the checkout isn't wearing a mask. You just get rid of her. Football clubs have to prove they're willing to do the same. 

No more slaps on the wrists or mealy-mouthed "we didny ken" excuses. Just kick them out. And let the show go on. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The clubs will have to assure the government that any player committing a covid infringement will be sacked. Or be subjected to such severe sanctions that nobody else will dare step out of line.

The football authorities appear to be doing all they can. If an employee breaks the then rules punish him and him only. Don't punish the thousands of others in his professional who're behaving. Or the thousands more who're linked to that profession. 

That's how it works in normal employment so why not football? You don't shut down Tescos because a girl on the checkout isn't wearing a mask. You just get rid of her. Football clubs have to prove they're willing to do the same. 

No more slaps on the wrists or mealy-mouthed "we didny ken" excuses. Just kick them out. And let the show go on. 

It'll never happen with football clubs for as long as players are worth something.  Teams are happy to pick up perverts and murderers as long as they are decent at football.  How many times has McGowan at dundee been done for assaulting police and yet he keeps his job again and again.  Declan Gallagher smashes a guys skull in but was picked up by livi as soon as he was released from the nick and  in league one you've got a rapist playing for clyde.Clubs will not sack players unless they are no longer of use to them its as simple as that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It'll never happen with football clubs for as long as players are worth something. 

They're worth nothing while football is suspended. 

If Nicola Sturgeon says that football is banned along with all mass gatherings like concerts, sweaty nightclubs etc until a cure is found then Scottish footballers have no value to anyone. Other than a very select few whom English or Continental clubs might pay a knockdown transfer fee for.