The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I suppose we can all be a bit hypocritical at times.

Best policy is to make your point without bad language, without fear or favour and let others show themselves up in a bad light.

If you want some protection, as it’s needed in these woke times, consider joining the freespeechunion.org which will offer help and legal advice if you are threatened in any way.

Have a nice day.

@Shadwell Dog giving this a positive rating. Seems that right wing nutters may have a stranglehold on our club. 

Just now, keithgy said:

They did not test positive or have to self isolate so no.

They could have, though. They took part in exactly the same activities as the Aberdeen players. It's only down to chance that they haven't tested positive. Their actions were exactly the same.

8 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Archie Knox was in charge that night but take your point.

We've discussed this before ....Ferguson had only just left. 

As Kiddy points says these were Ferguson's tactics ......in the following years once his influence on the team dissipated so did this kind of cheating behavior.

You can hardly accuse Aberdeen of being like that now.   

If you have to have a grudge it should be with Alex Ferguson.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Indeed.

Barring the Auld Firm clearly the most loathsome club in Scotland in the last 30 years are Hearts. By a million miles.

Any club going into admin paying around a packet of space raiders to the pound will always be on my list.

I'm just watching sportscene, can anyone tell me why subs are social distancing ?

Pretty much this.
Players in this Country aren't acting responsibly, including at my own club, and its hugely disappointing.
I made a huge fuss on here about well the league had done creating a plan to avoid all risk of the virus spreading. It all means absolutely nothing if the players are just going to disregard it the moment they leave the training ground.

What were you expecting? Most have brains the size of a mouses and morals of alley cats.

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What were you expecting? Most have brains the size of a mouses and morals of alley cats.

Honestly? I genuinely expected them to realise how serious the situation was and understand how professional they would have to ask.

Quite obvious how naive I was to believe that, and how wrong I got it believing they could keep the virus away from the players.

The players know the rules, I have heard rumours that some players at top sides are correctly washing their hands for 20 + seconds but are not singing happy birthday twice. No wonder Scottish football is struggling to cope with covid 

Some are driving to their grans to check their eye sight

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

When the PT diddy teams start along with the colder weather this is all going to go wrong.

Correct ! I'd be amazed if our league is even allowed to start , the big league has left us al  with one strike left and we're out. The sheer amount of muppets in the Scottish game will ensure there will surely be another breach soon and Sturgeon will rightly do her nut . 

If we do get to start you can see diddy clubs cutting corners.

On the basis that this virus is not going away anytime soon, it appears that civil servants in Whitehall are drawing up plans to target the vulnerable for protection rather than stopping mainstream life going on.

It would mean that the elderly, the obese and those with health issues would be told/advised to isolate in order to allow schools, business, hospitality to get back to normal.

Apparently, they now have sufficient data to do this with the plan being described as a ‘stiletto rather than a sledgehammer’.

With the NHS more than able to cope ,people in the ‘at risk’ categories would make their own decisions as to whether the risk was worth it or otherwise.

A new approach but there is a lot of sense in it to stop the increasing meltdown in jobs and increasing poverty.

36 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Correct ! I'd be amazed if our league is even allowed to start , the big league has left us al  with one strike left and we're out. The sheer amount of muppets in the Scottish game will ensure there will surely be another breach soon and Sturgeon will rightly do her nut . 

If we do get to start you can see diddy clubs cutting corners.

If one of the so called ' Top ' clubs with all their financial clout can't get it right. Then clubs in the lower leagues ( or diddy as you referred to them ) in particular the clubs with part time players who have a lose lose situation are on a hiding to nothing.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

We've discussed this before ....Ferguson had only just left. 

As Kiddy points says these were Ferguson's tactics ......in the following years once his influence on the team dissipated so did this kind of cheating behavior.

You can hardly accuse Aberdeen of being like that now.   

If you have to have a grudge it should be with Alex Ferguson.

It's engrained in their mindset and these practices were in place for years, Eddie Turnbull's reign being a good example nasty negative team.  The Fergie era just got more cynical about it.

True they are nothing as bad as they were now, but a vow is a vow.

Were you at the 1986 game ?

If anyone believes that BoJo and his clowns could do anything properly and with any degree of efficiency they need psychiatric help. (A) They would by unwilling to cover the wages of those shielding (B) They wont increase SSP to a reasonable amount £175 would be the minimum (C)The SG are unable to borrow so cannot pick up the slack on this front 

Just listened to Jonny Hayes apology on the radio talk about half arsed apparently the players werent aware of the rules we've been in lockdown since feb/march time and he didnt know what the rules were aye right

13 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

If anyone believes that BoJo and his clowns could do anything properly and with any degree of efficiency they need psychiatric help. (A) They would by unwilling to cover the wages of those shielding (B) They wont increase SSP to a reasonable amount £175 would be the minimum (C)The SG are unable to borrow so cannot pick up the slack on this front 

I think you would find that if the new targeted approach was adopted then there would be new benefits introduced to incentivise those affected.

After all, most of the vulnerable will already be either retired or off sick with their disability.

The  working fit are not really affected apart from a relatively small number with diabetes, obesity and respiratory problems and, yes, they should be properly compensated for shielding.

Its certainly a new approach which NEEDS to be considered.