The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Agree with all that’s been said about the need to penalise AFC but, purely out of curiosity, and not wanting to start an argument (heaven forbid), can anyone tell us if any of those infected people in Grampian are ill?

You're a bit dim aren't you?

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Simple question.

Do you have an answer?

It doesn't matter if they get ill, by contracting it they become infectious. They can then pass it on to other players, coaches, staff, partners, kids who can all in turn pass it on to people they meet who can in turn pass it on etc etc. I've no doubt that the fit and healthy people they pass it on to will mainly suffer no ill effects but at some point they're going to pass it on to someone with asthma or a chest condition or who just isn't as healthy and they're going to get ill. Maybe seriously, maybe even die.

TL:DR, Dawson Park Version - if people smear themselves and everyone they meet in cat shit, they might not catch toxoplasmosis themselves but someone they smear the shit on might. 

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It doesn't matter if they get ill, by contracting it they become infectious. They can then pass it on to other players, coaches, staff, partners, kids who can all in turn pass it on to people they meet who can in turn pass it on etc etc. I've no doubt that the fit and healthy people they pass it on to will mainly suffer no ill effects but at some point they're going to pass it on to someone with asthma or a chest condition or who just isn't as healthy and they're going to get ill. Maybe seriously, maybe even die.

TL:DR, Dawson Park Version - if people smear themselves and everyone they meet in cat shit, they might not catch toxoplasmosis themselves but someone they smear the shit on might. 

Yes, your summary is reasonably accurate.

You think it’s worth going through all this mayhem, unemployment, non COVID I’ll health, depression, etc, to protect people like me.

I don’t.

Lets leave it there.

13 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

93caf22d-3c20-40ef-b2b6-22e9e7aa51fc.jpg

Photographer down at the stadium this afternoon.

David Hagens funeral left from there or passed in front at 1140 this morning, he was one of them taking the pics this morning 

7 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

93caf22d-3c20-40ef-b2b6-22e9e7aa51fc.jpg

Photographer down at the stadium this afternoon.

Yep, and the other person in the image is our Covid Officer. He's currently preparing a document for submission to the football authorities so that we can stage closed-door games. Everyone has to be segregated from everyone else. Different groups will have their own parking, entrances, routes to their positions and even toilets. You have no idea how complex the whole thing seems to be. 

Pictures were being taken of all the different areas for inclusion in the Covid Compliance Procedure. (not sure that's the right name but you get the general idea) 

On 05/08/2020 at 15:08, Bairnardo said:

Went through there buzzing. Glorious day, early goal had me thinking this was going to be a glory season LOL.

Fast forward 85 minutes...… Fucking hell. We really lost the plot that day.

God almighty I had blocked this from my memory, tragic performance and still never really recovered. 

The squad from that day should’ve done better, on paper they were good, but in practice turned out to be toothless. Hopefully this squad can get a bit of swagger and hit the ground running. 

3 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

God almighty I had blocked this from my memory, tragic performance and still never really recovered. 

The squad from that day should’ve done better, on paper they were good, but in practice turned out to be toothless. Hopefully this squad can get a bit of swagger and hit the ground running. 

Rory Loy started the game lively aswell. Him going off injured was the curtain coming down 😂😂😂

Rapid start, songs and sunshine..... Fast forward a wee bit, Lewis Morgan and Stelios running riot down the wings, Aero losing his head and a collapse for the ages 

I read the Guide the FA put out to lower league English clubs today. Each club has a grant to buy product that makes their stadiums safe so social distancing can be practiced. Very very clear what clubs and players have to do. I am sure the Scottish Premier League guidelines would have been even more rigorous yet 8 fuckwits from Aberdeen knew better. That club should have the book thrown at them and deducted points from all the games their players have to isolate from. No other way to ensure the numbskull so called professional athletes in Scotland will get message

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I read the Guide the FA put out to lower league English clubs today. Each club has a grant to buy product that makes their stadiums safe so social distancing can be practiced. Very very clear what clubs and players have to do. I am sure the Scottish Premier League guidelines would have been even more rigorous yet 8 fuckwits from Aberdeen knew better. That club should have the book thrown at them and deducted points from all the games their players have to isolate from. No other way to ensure the numbskull so called professional athletes in Scotland will get message

It should be a standard 3-0 win awarded to St Johnstone

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ah but they let the club down and themselves and are sorry so all is ok apparently

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They should have but haven’t and it’s probable they will now reschedule the Aberdeen games vs Accies and Celtic.

What a bloody shambles.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They should have but haven’t and it’s probable they will now reschedule the Aberdeen games vs Accies and Celtic.

What a bloody shambles.

Still going ahead on the planned dates minus the 2 players that tested positive according to the radio tonight. 

Yep. St J are too far down the pecking order to matter. Aberdeen stroll off completely free. St J should have been awarded the three points immediately, and it’s another shameless stroll down Inept Avenue by the ruling body. I really think they are now at a point of “everybody knows we are bent, so no point in wasting time and energy trying to hide it”.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep. St J are too far down the pecking order to matter. Aberdeen stroll off completely free. St J should have been awarded the three points immediately, and it’s another shameless stroll down Inept Avenue by the ruling body. I really think they are now at a point of “everybody knows we are bent, so no point in wasting time and energy trying to hide it”.

Surprised we havent had a statement from the SPFL giving themselves another pat on the back for how they have handled it, they have congratulate themselves over the voting farce, the internal audit into themselves to say the handled it well and the arbitration ruliing.

Just seen Cormacks interview in response to his players disgracefully letting down their club and Scottish football. An absolute appalling response and embarrassing that he chose to hide behind the virus. McInnes at least had the balls to slate the players and apologies to all the fans, Scottish football & the government. Even the fans which were interviewed tore into the club. 

He is a self righteous p***k. Been on football 5 minutes and lecturing people. Can’t keep his gob shut.

The pandemic has seen plenty of these Chairman blowing hot air, ours included