The Falkirk FC Thread

All the medial opinions I have seen and read says Covid will probably get worse over the winter.  I think there is a chance the season will be heavily disrupted or not even be completed.  I hope that isn't the case obviously. 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The thing is the SPFL kind of needs to come down hard on Aberdeen seen as this is the first case as otherwise it'll continue to happen. Should lose the 3 points and get a hefty fine.

Should lose the 3 pts for every game they miss. Hefty fine and players suspended for ten matches each from the date they are again allowed to play from. 

32 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Why did Peterhead even need to release this info? It could have been as little as gauging what kind of money he’d be looking for to allow him to go full time which we couldn’t meet.

Exactly. I wouldve thought the whole thing shouldve been kept under wraps. I'm sure peterhead wouldn't have been happy if we'd blubbed that we were talking to him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Ridiculous ruling, they should have been made to face SJ with a weakened side. Forgot that their chairman is another arse licker 

To be fair, travelling to another part of the country with players who potentially may be infected isn't great.  Football cant be socially distanced on the pitch, so the game being played depends on players sticking to the protocols.  If they don't, then I don't think its unreasonable that the game is postponed to stop the virus spreading from one part of the country to another.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

On a player front we should be in for Calumn Morrison if he's available from Hearts. He's exactly the type of player we're crying out for a quick skillfull right winger. 

He was utterly dung against us for East Fife. Can't really remember him looking good anywhere to be honest other than a few games for Hearts a few seasons back.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

16 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

He was utterly dung against us for East Fife. Can't really remember him looking good anywhere to be honest other than a few games for Hearts a few seasons back.

I'm only going on what I seen of him at Stirling and then a few odd games with Hearts. He done really well at Stirling scored something like 8 goals in 16 games which isn't a bad return at all for a 18 year old winger. I wasn't at the game against East Fife last season so I can't comment.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

If it was a Hamilton, St M or St J  that broke the rules I’ve no doubt it would have been a different outcome. But you’ve got a bent chairman that’s part of the Doncaster mob, so It’s a slap on the wrist. As said the reality of starting and completing any football in the lower leagues with all the required testing is very worrying. 

Its not going to be helped by clubs breaking whats been agreed with the Scottish Govt, So far thats Rangers, Motherwell and now Aberdeen been called to account the latter case down to individuals breaking the rules more than called to explain over testing

If it was a Hamilton, St M or St J  that broke the rules I’ve no doubt it would have been a different outcome. But you’ve got a bent chairman that’s part of the Doncaster mob, so It’s a slap on the wrist. As said the reality of starting and completing any football in the lower leagues with all the required testing is very worrying. 
Aye, the clowns in the Premiership are going to end up increasing the threshold of safety you have to meet in order to play beyond the means of the rest of the clubs.

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I wouldn't say he's part of the Doncaster mob, he's continually slagging them off for being commercially incompetent and voted for Rangers' independent investigation into bullying and corruption.

14 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I predicted Scottish football would feck this up and so it transpires.

All across Europe players adhere to the guidelines and isolate between playing & training, this bunch are out partying in virus hotspots.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-fumes-aberdeen-players-22482447 

TBF........Our governing body could fuk up even if it was impossible to do so

I await the next car crash with popcorn

17 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

It's an eternal sin that the one time we had a truly world class and world renowned footballer playing for us that we made him wear that monstrosity. 

That should be an iconic picture but to me he's not wearing a Falkirk shirt - to me there's Chris Waddle playing for Wycombe Wanderers. 

F*ckin Fulston !   

Think the colours made this one 'unFalkirk' rather than the design, as the chequered one you had the following season looked fine. Did being sponsored by 'square' deal motors have anything to do with the design, or was that just an unlucky coincidence?

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Its not going to be helped by clubs breaking whats been agreed with the Scottish Govt, So far thats Rangers, Motherwell and now Aberdeen been called to account the latter case down to individuals breaking the rules more than called to explain over testing

Aberdeen have most likely put back the date for crowds at games back weeks if not months.

There must be sanctions put in place to make such behavior unacceptable in the future. So hit them in the pocket with a fine like 50% of the league position payout at the end of the season.

Now anybody can catch this virus and sooner or later a player will catch the infection through no fault of their own - these things will happen.

Sanctions should not be applied in these circumstances

That is proportional and fair to all.

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Aberdeen have most likely put back the date for crowds at games back weeks if not months.

There must be sanctions put in place to make such behavior unacceptable in the future. So hit them in the pocket with a fine like 50% of the league position payout at the end of the season.

Now anybody can catch this virus and sooner or later a player will catch the infection through no fault of their own - these things will happen.

Agree with all that’s been said about the need to penalise AFC but, purely out of curiosity, and not wanting to start an argument (heaven forbid), can anyone tell us if any of those infected people in Grampian are ill?

I dont know if that will or should be taken into account when evaluating crowds, but what it might have done is placed some focus on the need to maintain the "bubble" model where players are tested then have to isolate. If that model is deemed to be required for longer because footballers cant be trusted to act responsibly then league one is a no go. Part timers simply cant do that. They need to go to work too.

I am assuming that the October date was arrived at based on lessened testing requirements since theres no way lower league clubs can afford the testing requirements as they currently stand.

For me that's what Aberdeen might have fucked for the rest of us.

According to the radio tonight St Johnstone game wont go ahead but they are ok to play against Accies and Celtic. The  2 players testing positive not being included but 8 of them were at the venues and have been told to self isolate, wtf is the point other than being ashamed of breaking the rules and f**king things up governing the restart then f**k all is going to happen.

Edited by AL-FFC

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Can you imagine the punishment dished out if this was us or another of the less fancied clubs of Scottish football., Doncaster and  his mob would be baying for blood. The unequality of Scottish football makes me fucking sick.

it kind of bring out the reality of the Hearts and Partick fines and this happens with nothing bar a "we're sorry and we feel let down by the players"