The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

The chequered one was hideous  but the lucky red away one made up for it not to mention look at the bairns at that time Chris Waddle for one, i dont think we will ever see signings like them again for all the buzz they created

image.png.e72c0cd3a450a548bd51ca8e08b6f885.png

It's an eternal sin that the one time we had a truly world class and world renowned footballer playing for us that we made him wear that monstrosity. 

That should be an iconic picture but to me he's not wearing a Falkirk shirt - to me there's Chris Waddle playing for Wycombe Wanderers. 

F*ckin Fulston !   

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How about the Keena transfer taking so long because our new, competent board firstly did not know about the requirement for international clearance, and secondly, once they did know, did not know how to go about getting it.

Just imagine we missed out on him, and then subsequently finding that out eh. Just a wee reminder for anyone who didn't buy my ball boy/mascot analogy.

plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

No doubt this post will get red-dotted by multiple people who think I stick up for the board on here, but my understanding is that the delay had nothing to do with them. Their only roles are to approve the financial expenditure, negotiate with the agent representing a player and then tell their mates as quickly as they possibly can afterwards. Which is why everything gets out.  Albeit parts 2 and 3 aren't applicable to the whole board. 

I believe the delay was entirely down to his previous club. My sources for that are Aidan Keena himself and our football administrator, whose job it is to know the nuts and bolts of the transfer process. 

Sorry Bairnado, but it's not true. 

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No doubt this post will get red-dotted by multiple people who think I stick up for the board on here, but my understanding is that the delay had nothing to do with them. Their only roles are to approve the financial expenditure, negotiate with the agent representing a player and then tell their mates as quickly as they possibly can afterwards. Which is why everything gets out.  Albeit parts 2 and 3 aren't applicable to the whole board. 

I believe the delay was entirely down to his previous club. My sources for that are Aidan Keena himself and our football administrator, whose job it is to know the nuts and bolts of the transfer process. 

Whilst Bairnando can sometimes be quite scathing and sarcastic, it's usually done in a somewhat humorous fashion. This time, he's either pished or being a bit of a knob. I really hope it's the former!

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

How about the Keena transfer taking so long because our new, competent board firstly did not know about the requirement for international clearance, and secondly, once they did know, did not know how to go about getting it.

Just imagine we missed out on him, and then subsequently finding that out eh. Just a wee reminder for anyone who didn't buy my ball boy/mascot analogy.

Who told you this ?

I predicted Scottish football would feck this up and so it transpires.

All across Europe players adhere to the guidelines and isolate between playing & training, this bunch are out partying in virus hotspots.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-fumes-aberdeen-players-22482447 

All across Europe players adhere to the guidelines and isolate between playing & training, this bunch are out partying in virus hotspots.
 https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-fumes-aberdeen-players-22482447 

And they call them professional sportsmen[emoji37]

12 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

The chequered one was hideous  but the lucky red away one made up for it not to mention look at the bairns at that time Chris Waddle for one, i dont think we will ever see signings like them again for all the buzz they created

image.png.e72c0cd3a450a548bd51ca8e08b6f885.png

I've got great memories of that kit. Chris Waddle turning up at old Bayview and Neil Berry lobbing his own keeper from about 25 yards to help us on the way to one of only two league wins the last time we were in the second tier. Great stuff.

9 hours ago, keithgy said:

The top was not unveiled until the team wore it at Central Park,we all laughed at the top only to realise that it was our top,the game was crap as well.

Yeah, that's just how I remember it; when the team ran out, we're giving it "WTF is that?" thinking it was some god-awful training top with the proper strip underneath...

then thinking "you must be fecking joking".   

biden_wtf2.gif

No need for the sorry pal. I hope it's not true, since if it was, it would no doubt eventually cost us.

I tend to err on the side of believing what I get told in terms of negativity towards those running the club, mostly because of the form book, and because I blame them for spending last season going to places like East Fife and Forfar.

Guess I might be seen as overly negative, but the non football side of our club isnt too far from breaking me as a fan.

8 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Just want a wee 👀 from the club tomorrow.

Hopefully a defender or forward, I think back up keeper will be last in the door. Just looking at the Forfar thread and the comments about Leitch last season aren't overly exciting, hardly featured and when he did played wide but too lightweight. Maybe another loan spell out on the cards after all..🤔 it would appear he's nowhere near a starter for us based on that. 

Was it on this thread that @RandomGuy was assuring us of the vastly unlikely chances of a team being overrun with covid?

Anyway, given that Aberdeens players have taken about two weeks to prove how silly that theory was, what is the footballing g protocol should a single team or even a couple of teams be unable to fulfill two weeks worth of fixtures due to isolation? 

What if two clubs that are due to play eachother are unable to fulfill? What happens then?

Do they get postponed or do teams able to play get awarded the 3 points?

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I've got great memories of that kit. Chris Waddle turning up at old Bayview and Neil Berry lobbing his own keeper from about 25 yards to help us on the way to one of only two league wins the last time we were in the second tier. Great stuff.

Was at that game too. 3-1 if I remember, Waddle's last game for Falkirk. Archibald left us soon after & we hardly won another point all season. 

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Sounds like your usual garbage.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Think everyone could see them arsing it up and was only a matter of when, not IF.  See the SPFL have been called to explain themselves to the Scottish Govt wonder if Doncaster will go into hiding again or give themselves a pat on the back for how they handled it.

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Was at that game too. 3-1 if I remember, Waddle's last game for Falkirk. Archibald left us soon after & we hardly won another point all season. 

Yep, that's the one. I think the only other game we won all season was 4-0 away to Clydebank on the last day.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

No need for the sorry pal. I hope it's not true, since if it was, it would no doubt eventually cost us.

I tend to err on the side of believing what I get told in terms of negativity towards those running the club, mostly because of the form book, and because I blame them for spending last season going to places like East Fife and Forfar.

Guess I might be seen as overly negative, but the non football side of our club isnt too far from breaking me as a fan.

Surely Ronnie Bateman would know all about the ins and outs of transfers like this? He must have experience of lots of these transactions in the past.

We are pleased to announce that Peterhead captain Scott Brown is staying at the Balmoor club after Falkirk pulled out of a move that would have taken the 25-year-old back to full time football.

The Blue Toon announced last Tuesday that Brown had agreed to a fifth season at Balmoor, however within hours the Bairns had been in contact about taking the 25-year-old to the Falkirk Stadium. 

10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

5 goals in 64 appearances doesn't sound like the kind of midfielder we need to be honest. Must admit cant remember him much   in the games we played Peterhead . Barring the first game they were pretty awful.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 goals in 64 appearances doesn't sound like the kind of midfielder we need to be honest. Must admit cant remember him much   in the games we played Peterhead . Barring the first game they were pretty awful.

He scored 8 goals in 32 appearances for Peterhead last season but you were right, we were awful for most of the season.