The Falkirk FC Thread

59 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I really liked those two strips, thought they did a great job with a unique design. Definitely a real shame the seasons they'll be associated with but i'm surprised we've not got something similar this year.

I'm a big fan of the plain ones too but I wonder if there's a marketing strategy to not always having the plain strips though as people are less likely to buy a near identical strip every year.

I think people who buy the strip tend to buy it every year no matter what it looks like to be honest.

58 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty sure it was a Bukta kit.

The white Bukta away and the yellow Bukta third strip we had in the late 70's are my favourite strips of all time. I would love to see retro versions especially the yellow one. Remember Hibs having a purple and green Bukta top around that time too. They made really nice kits.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The white Bukta away and the yellow Bukta third strip we had in the late 70's are my favourite strips of all time. I would love to see retro versions especially the yellow one. Remember Hibs having a purple and green Bukta top around that time too. They made really nice kits.

I had that yellow one, sewn on blue square badge and blue and white bukta decal strip down the sleeve, in non fire retardant, resplendent shiny yellow.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty sure it was a Bukta kit.

Aye, I'm sure it had the bukta emblem running down the sleeves. I remember wilson hoggan wearing it so that must have been during his 2nd spell with us 

Couple of years back I contacted both Old School Football and Toffs to ask about the possibility of them producing replicas of the Bukta kits but they said that they were unable to because of copyright issues with the club badge.

52 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Couple of years back I contacted both Old School Football and Toffs to ask about the possibility of them producing replicas of the Bukta kits but they said that they were unable to because of copyright issues with the club badge.

That's a shame. I feel i'm too old to wear new football tops but would happily wear the retro ones.

Football Tops are all about the sales to the fans.  Hence the naff patterns incorporated into the tops in the deluded belief it increases sales. Red has no place on a Falkirk top .

If the club had the courage to go retro they would reap the financial reward.

Home- Blue top with White collar and cuffs. White shorts. Blue or White socks.

Away- White top with Blue collar and cuffs. Blue shorts. Blue or White socks.

7 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

The chequered one was hideous  but the lucky red away one made up for it not to mention look at the bairns at that time Chris Waddle for one, i dont think we will ever see signings like them again for all the buzz they created

image.png.e72c0cd3a450a548bd51ca8e08b6f885.png

The top was not unveiled until the team wore it at Central Park,we all laughed at the top only to realise that it was our top,the game was crap as well.

That's odd, as I've got the '57 Toffs replica, which has the highlander badge which the club must also own and license I'd imagine.

Not sure about that as I have seen the Highlander badge on a number of products apart from the cup final shirt, eg hoodies, T-shirt, polo shirt and scarf.

How about the Keena transfer taking so long because our new, competent board firstly did not know about the requirement for international clearance, and secondly, once they did know, did not know how to go about getting it.

Just imagine we missed out on him, and then subsequently finding that out eh. Just a wee reminder for anyone who didn't buy my ball boy/mascot analogy.

plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.