The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Player incoming today to sign his deal at you guys. 👀 

Strange, I could have sworn he signed last week. He was tied to Falkirk days before your claim that QP were after him and that we should be watching their social media. 

Local paper now confirming for everyone that he signed last Monday. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/former-hearts-hartlepool-and-dunfermline-striker-aidan-keena-finally-moves-falkirk-2933347

The only person who was ITK on this one was Sick Boy, as I'm sure he'll be along shortly to point out. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
Addition of Herald story

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:

Mr McKinnon went in for him was what I said. Trying to hijack the deal. I also posted pre Falkirk that the signing would be today.

But hey take from what what you will.

2/3 signings called the exact day and time of announcement 🤣🤣🤣

Want to know who else you guys are talking to as well...

Bantabairn called it last night on here... then you posted the time after Falkirk tweeted it.

Edited by wee_bairn

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Very happy that's finally confirmed! Still hopeful that we'll sign another striker to compete with Keena and Dowds but with Sammon still there that's probably highly unlikely.

If Miller is in the squad then presumably Sammon is 4th choice striker and I can't see us signing any more than that.

Backup keeper, big dirty CB, creative midfielder and right winger please.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch

Mercer Durnan New Dixon

New Todd Miller Connolly

Dowds Keena

Please for the love of god sign an actual exciting right winger. Please.

I would think hall and durnan will start.  Probably looking for a backup that can play ch and rb comfortably. Not sure about todd with miller.  Two plodders although if todd could rediscover his goal scoring record he had at annan then it might be decent.Defo need a winger thats for sure.

We now need a bit of creativity for the strikers. The lack of goals cost us last year resulting in too many draws. Tidser barely played yet had the most assists for us with 8 (IIRC) before being punted in January. We badly need a decent right midfielder and a creator in CM. 

Well IMHO we will have to wait another week or so for another signing Hope i am wrong but there is plenty of time LM and DM need to get this right as this season we need to hit the ground running

The only one of the new board members I know is Ronnie Bateman - good man who worked hard for the club In the past without much thanks.
Dont know anything about the others.

Colin McFarlane is Gordon McFarlane’s son, does the Walking Down Hope Street interviews. Think his experience is in PR. The two Gordon’s both come from a Finance background from memory (someone may correct me on that). Only spoken to them a couple of times but seem sensible rounded guys.

Ronnie obviously did a decent job before so hopefully they can all help make an impact.

The common denominator for the last 10 years of failure however is the ownership. I still believe to make real progress that has to change too. But hey we live in hope.

Chuffed with the Keena signing. Genuinely surprised he didn't go to a higher level. Have criticised M&M, or at least not felt confident over their signings but I have zero complaints about Dowds and Keena. Still the balance of the squad to address but attack hopefully sorted and two young ambitious guys learning off Miller hopefully will bear fruit.  

Blair Alston pinging 30 yarders next please.

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Colin McFarlane is Gordon McFarlane’s son, does the Walking Down Hope Street interviews. Think his experience is in PR. The two Gordon’s both come from a Finance background from memory (someone may correct me on that). Only spoken to them a couple of times but seem sensible rounded guys.

Ronnie obviously did a decent job before so hopefully they can all help make an impact.

The common denominator for the last 10 years of failure however is the ownership. I still believe to make real progress that has to change too. But hey we live in hope.

Just heard today that the major shareholder is completely fed up and is eager for his shareholding to be diluted in order that he can revert to being a superfan plus but with no hassle.

Maybe these new appointees have that as a remit?

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Popped up on my fb feed, today. 3 years ago! It's been a looooong 3 at that.emoji85.pngFB_IMG_1596622090721.jpeg

TFS has its faults but thank f*ck we didn't go down the Lego Football Stadium model.

LEGO IDEAS - Lego Stadium 2019

Although we do have 3 stands.😋

Edited by Bairn in Exile