The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Been thinking of the 3 at the back for a while now. Load the midfield with 5 Miller as the holding player Laverty-Sneddon as a choice for wide left. Connolly Right leaving midfield hussler and a creator from who we have or new signings. Dowds and a new signing upfront there is the 3-5-2.

It makes sense from who we have signed so far.

Know you are not keen on Dixon in a back 3 but maybe M&M reckon they can coach a back 3 that works.

Thoughts ?

We'd need to sign two wingbacks to carry that out properly. Sneddon and laverty won't start and connolly cant defend for peanuts. 

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We'd need to sign two wingbacks to carry that out properly. Sneddon and laverty won't start and connolly cant defend for peanuts. 

neither can Durnan.

Edited by AL-FFC

With the amount of midfielders that we have, we should try to set up like a 4-3-3 (similar to Clyde) or a 4-2-3-1 (like we did when we beat Dumbarton 6-0). When we tried the 3 back we still looked too negative and had no creative spark anywhere - which we still lack. I say, we need a more attacking midfield and a quick winger on the right.

Has to be a simple 442, we're never told enough when we try something different!

It no doubt will be but, having been rumoured to be looking at about 3 mids it’s quite concerning as we already have too many midfielders - not necessarily good (telfer). Desperately need a winger and striker (keena). Also the mids that we are linked with won’t work when we’ve got miller probably starting every game at cdm. So unless we loan a bunch of our mids out or terminate their contract I feel that M&M don’t have a clue what they are doing this window. Hopefully I am proved wrong.

It was mainly due to our continued playing of two holding midfield players in the middle of the park.  There's been zero creativity or goals in there. I'd say if we'd had a boy in there who weighed in with ten goals last season we would be in the championship now.

We barely got goals apart from one striker last year, never mind 10 from central midfield.

Miller and Grant can work. Your attacking play can come from wide midfielders, full backs and strikers.

I’m not saying we have to play this way, but it would not be a travesty should they sign and play this way, provided other areas in the team are taken care of. Time will tell.

Guest Ecosse83
28 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

It no doubt will be but, having been rumoured to be looking at about 3 mids it’s quite concerning as we already have too many midfielders - not necessarily good (telfer). Desperately need a winger and striker (keena). Also the mids that we are linked with won’t work when we’ve got miller probably starting every game at cdm. So unless we loan a bunch of our mids out or terminate their contract I feel that M&M don’t have a clue what they are doing this window. Hopefully I am proved wrong.

Based on what? The season is still months away, give them a chance!

FWIW I wouldn’t have chosen Miller and McCracken (as rookies) to have replaced McKinnon. However to judge them solely on their January transfer business seems a little harsh. January a much more difficult window to get players in and out, and it was their first window as managers. Don’t think Yogi even got it right in his first window as manager.

They should be judged on this seasons recruitment however.

34 minutes ago, Trump said:

FWIW I wouldn’t have chosen Miller and McCracken (as rookies) to have replaced McKinnon. However to judge them solely on their January transfer business seems a little harsh. January a much more difficult window to get players in and out, and it was their first window as managers. Don’t think Yogi even got it right in his first window as manager.

They should be judged on this seasons recruitment however.

Yes, we need to give them a chance. We can’t keep sacking managers every 6 months. That approach is clearly not working.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It won’t matter who is on the Board. The strings are pulled by two people. If you get your head around that you will understand why we are in a mess.

I think bringing Batement back is probably a good move, he seemed to be well liked around the place and the appointment of Colin Mcfarlane is at least something a little different and hopefully will act as a voice for the fans of some sort, but at the end of the day the point you make is 100% correct, 4 new board members parachuted into position without even an announcement being made, effectify working under 2 major shareholders who claim they want to take a back seat but are without a doubt still making major decisions, we have share issue coming up which will end up being a severely watered down version of BtB and most likely leave MSG with less holdings but still enough to reign supreme. What a massive opportunity was missed when they picked MC over BtB, they should be getting hounded out for that decision alone IMO.

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Gary Deans has brought some welcomed stability to the club, after a disastrous past few seasons. With the appointment of the four new directors he’s also delivered on his initial statement to us the fans. Let’s give the new BOD some slack and what they can bring to the table. Hope they can nail down the “leaks” which will be paramount in stopping the ludicrous amount of crap spouted on here. 

The only thing that i have seen from GD so far is how much he loves the sound of this own voice and his failure to appoint a DoF which was also promised multiple times. This isn't about the BoD or what current stuge is currently in the chair it's about a group of major shareholders who are continually asking for cash injections from the fans but are unwilling to give up even the slightest bit on control, and if you think leaks from within the club are the major problem here you haven't been paying attention for the last 3/4 years.

Edited by falkirkzombie

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The announcement was to be made after a certain football story which seems to have dragged on forever. It will still happen. 

yes was kinda thinking that was their thinking but i dont get why? they should have announced it when it was done, it just looks bad now, but it's no surprise to me they don't see that.