The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Trump said:

People complaining about signing Grant would be the same people complaining about a lack of suitable replacements in centre mids.

Grant would be a great signing. Preferably alongside Miller with Gomis being an impact sub later on in the game to keep the ball ticking when we are (hopefully) ahead vs tired legs.

We need someone with goals in them beside miller.  Miller averages one goal a season and Grant is the same. Watching them would see the same problems we've seen the last two seasons. 

One step at a time 

It won’t matter who is on the Board. The strings are pulled by two people. If you get your head around that you will understand why we are in a mess.

I don't doubt that Grant's a good player but us playing with two holding midfielders this season in this league would be absolutely criminal. I'm dying on us signing a proper out and out winger. Someone who hugs the touchline and as soon as he gets it you expect something to happen. If Keena does sign then we can almost guarantee we'll be playing with a front two. Interested to see what M&M see as the ideal formation for us as usually managers will have a favoured formation in mind and try find players to suit that formation. This summer is their first chance to do that as when they came in they just had to work with what we had.

Edited by FFC 1876

We need someone with goals in them beside miller.  Miller averages one goal a season and Grant is the same. Watching them would see the same problems we've seen the last two seasons. 

Need someone like sibbald who had a bit of skill and flair and who would sit behind the front two. Playing grant and miller together would limit us to terrible negative football.

8 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Grant was the best player on the park everytime we played Clyde. How anyone thinks this would be anything other than a good signing is beyond me 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nobody's doubting Grant as a player, simply stating he's not what we need.

Edited by FFC 1876

Grant was the best player on the park everytime we played Clyde. How anyone thinks this would be anything other than a good signing is beyond me 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nobody is undermining his talent. But it’s hard to understand how he would start when Gary Miller has been made captain and will probably start every game, therefore keeping grant as a benchwarmer. Also doesn’t help when we also have gomis who also plays in that defensive mid role. Therefore having three defensive mids, which would be a waste.

42 minutes ago, Trump said:

The reason we got relegated, and then failed to get promoted, wasn’t down to central midfield players not scoring enough goals.

It was mainly due to our continued playing of two holding midfield players in the middle of the park.  There's been zero creativity or goals in there. I'd say if we'd had a boy in there who weighed in with ten goals last season we would be in the championship now.

36 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Season ticket sales must be going poorly if we are getting board level appointments.

No money off me till ownership changes for whichever MSG stooge reads here.

I am exactly the same., held a season ticket for years but they aren't getting a penny from me until we see ownership changes.

9 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Nobody is undermining his talent. But it’s hard to understand how he would start when Gary Miller has been made captain and will probably start every game, therefore keeping grant as a benchwarmer. Also doesn’t help when we also have gomis who also plays in that defensive mid role. Therefore having three defensive mids, which would be a waste.

Exactly. Noone is saying Grant is a bad player but your midfield partnership has to have different things to offer.  At clyde grant was the defensive mid with others like lamont doing the attacking role. If we play grant and miller then who the heck is going to do that? If we were in the championship I could maybe see us playing 2 defensive mids with 3 at the back but hopefully not in league one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly. Noone is saying Grant is a bad player but your midfield partnership has to have different things to offer.  At clyde grant was the defensive mid with others like lamont doing the attacking role. If we play grant and miller then who the heck is going to do that? If we were in the championship I could maybe see us playing 2 defensive mids with 3 at the back but hopefully not in league one.

If we do sign Grant, it’d suggest we haven’t identified a creative midfielder or winger to sign and may play to stifle teams and hit on the break.

That would require a pacy striker mind you.

47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It won’t matter who is on the Board. The strings are pulled by two people. If you get your head around that you will understand why we are in a mess.

The only one of the new board members I know is Ronnie Bateman - good man who worked hard for the club In the past without much thanks.

Dont know anything about the others.

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Been thinking of the 3 at the back for a while now. Load the midfield with 5 Miller as the holding player Laverty-Sneddon as a choice for wide left. Connolly-Mercer Right leaving midfield hussler and a creator from who we have or new signings. Dowds and a new signing upfront there is the 3-5-2.

It makes sense from who we have signed so far.

Know you are not keen on Dixon in a back 3 but maybe M&M reckon they can coach a back 3 that works.

Thoughts ?

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If we do sign Grant, it’d suggest we haven’t identified a creative midfielder or winger to sign and may play to stifle teams and hit on the break.

That would require a pacy striker mind you.

In league one?  Time to give the game up if that's what we have to resort to.